“Great value and location”
Review of The Aqua Hotel

The Aqua Hotel
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Scotch Plains
“Great value and location”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The hotel aqua is a boutique hotel 2 blocks from the Ft lauderdale beach and 7 miles from the airport. It is also very close to the Galleria mall. The rooms are quite comfortable and offer kitchenettes with cook top, toasters and others conveniences. The property offers 2 pools in addition to its close proximity to the beach. The only reason I did not score it a 5 is that they have no one in reception after midnite and if you arrive late, as we did, it is a bit of a hassle to check in. Secondly, the folks upstairs from us decided to move furniture at 3 I the morning....but there is nothing the management can do about that,except remind their guests to be mindful of their neighbors...a crap shoot in any hotel and lastly, the air conditioning system is very loud, and should be reviewed by management.
The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IMB95

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Finnish first
Laval, Canada
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We took the suite upstairs with full kitchenette for 1 night, very nice,
clean, neat and welcoming.
Booked through the internet in advance on Aqua's website.
One of the outlets in the kitchen wasn't working, so the lady manager on
duty gave us an extension to plug appliance in to another outlet;
my nephew was twirling in a leather chair (can twirl 360 degrees) and
she saw him doing this and she said if he breaks it, we'll have to replace it or pay for it --- my
nephew said : ohhh ok i'm so sorry. I was shocked.
ahhhh okkkkkkk --- won't be going back there. He wasn't being rough at all.. just slow motion
twirling in the chair. my nephew has a deep respect for other peoples' valuables.
But that was just 1 manager - I met 2 others at the desk (younger) they were great.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Beach_Vacation_Girl1
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed here for a week post cruise and really enjoyed our time at the Aqua. The location is ideal being just a couple blocks from the beach and all the beachside activities and is far enough away from the strip to be quiet in the evenings. You can just park your car and relax taking in all Ft Lauderdale has to offer. There is a Starbucks across the street in the Hilton resort (and one further down the street in the Westin) which is handy for a daily fix of your beverage of choice.

The staff are friendly and very helpful and always on hand with suggestions and advice. Room was always clean and ready when we needed it and it was nice to have beach towels in the room.

We originally booked a one room king but on seeing the one bedroom and full kitchen rooms upgraded to one of these for our stay. Its well worth it if you are there for more than a day or two. Had to change rooms after a day since the wifi was non existent in our first room (Room 2210 on the outside corner) and we moved to room 1207 nearer the office and the wifi was fine if slow. If wifi is important to you check the reception before committing to the room.

TIP: Room 1207 and its neighbor have a nice balcony with table, chairs and sun loungers and we found this to be a great additional living space to have breakfast etc and watch the world go by below.

Couple of other little things we noticed. The TV does not receive CNN even although it says it does--not a big deal but when you want to watch the news its a bit disappointing. There are a number of little things needing repaired in the room: several lamps have base parts missing, the glass shelves in the bathroom are ready to fall off the wall. I think the hotel needs on ongoing repair plan to sort these things out before they break.

All in all a great find and we will stay here agin when in Ft Lauderdale.

Room Tip: Room 1207 and its neighbor have a nice balcony with table, chairs and sun loungers and we found this...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephenwr
Belgium -
Reviewed 6 December 2013

.. this is the place to be even for a short stay before you leave .
We arrived in fort lauderdale 04/11 and we were on our way to key West with a party of 4 . This hotels is absolutly amazing.
Both rooms were very nice and clean.
The room was cool, and had a coffee maker, and full kitchen.
The staff was.. very friendly.
Our female location manager , help us out during registration. She welcomed us and told us about things we could do and restaurants nearby

So All Belgian/European people who are on there way to another location or are planning to go on a cruise, this is the place to be .
Your vacation starts right here. Its close enouigh to the beach ands till not far from airport or terminal.

Thx again to the nice friendly lady , i 'm very pleased to give 5 star review.
Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: take the upgraded suite room at the pool. number 8 i think
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank belgian40ts
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 25 November 2013

What a great place! I spent two days there, and enjoyed it very much. It is located close enough to the strip, but far enough away from the noise and the crowds. The beach is very close, and the hotel provides towels and beach chairs. The room was so cool, and had a coffee maker, and full kitchen. The staff was unbelievably friendly and willing to help.

Room Tip: I had a room right outside the pool, I liked it a lot, I could just go out my door and jump in. Alth...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank gretchen s
Somerset
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Our trip to the Aqua Hotel was a result of my daughter 's love of finding "just the right place" to vacation. I am a lover of the ocean but not of crowds- she researched the Ft. Lauderdale area and suggested Tom and I check it out. So glad we did. The Aqua is a rare gem- and an incredible value. Everything about out stay was welcoming, soothing and relaxing. The king suite included a kitchen, dining and living area,an EXTREMELY comfortable bed,quality workmanship as well as the furnishings, free parking, complimentary wi-fi, a backyard area with a grill between the two pool areas ( one salt water pool),beach chairs, bicycles, an outdoor bistro and breakfast place (DELICIOUS) a block over- AND Maggie the manager who I read so much about in the Trip Advisor reviews. Maggie and her side kick Andrew make you feel like family. Everything they rave about her is true : )
The Aqua is close enough to everything yet far enough away to enjoy a very serene atmosphere. Looking forward to returning next year for a longer stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor overlooking the pool on one side and the backyard and grilling area th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon M
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have just returned from a short stay at the Aqua Hotel and I cannot praise it, and the people, enough. I arrived in a very poorly condition, having been food poisoned 36 hours previously. When I checked in I responded to the very cheerful "how are you?" By telling them that I was far from well. I was dealt with in a most concerned way and within 30 minutes they brought medication and electrolyte drinks to my room and told me that a doctor was on stand by if I needed one. No charge for any of it!
It was only a short stay and, because of my condition, I did not get to enjoy the lovely facilities to the full but I will never forget Maggie and her team (particularly Shelley) for the caring and constant support I was given.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo