“Lunch”

Ranked #81 of 1,357 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Just two blocks from home, great menu (lunch) and good service! Thanks for moving in and looking forward to trying the dinner experience too.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

After my not so glowing review of Hardy Park on my first visit, I went back again last night. Overall, a much much better experience. Looks like they worked the kinks out. We were greeted immediately and seated right away, even though the place was packed. The wait staff was great. Very attentive. The meal was excellent. I had the ribeye as the main course and the ceviche as the appetizer. The ceviche was exceptionally good. One person in our group had the pork belly. Said it was great. Brought our own wine. Paid the corkage ($20). No hassles.

Good job Hardy Park, keep it going! I'll be coming back.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Went here for Friday night dinner based on recommendation from friend. There were some good things and some not so good. Most important, the food and service was mostly excellent. But make no mistake, this is an expensive restaurant. My wife and I are not big eaters at dinnertime and so shared a three course meal and a bottle of wine. With tax and tip: $86. And we had the lowest priced wine on the menu (Prosecco Brut @ $22). Since we shared all three dishes, that would be the per person price if you consume a bottle of wine by yourself.

The appetizer was a salad with warm goat cheese over arugula and string beans ($13). It was a very large portion and easily shareable. Excellent except for the raw string beans which were too tough raw and not really tasty. Unfortunately the same salad was under the nice grilled mahi for the main course ($24). This also was a fairly large portion. The mahi was topped with an excellent home made pesto. The arugula salad underneath also included black olives and other tasty ingredients and the dish would have been excellent if it were not for those string beans.

We shared a chocolate mouse topped with whipped cream for dessert ($10). Excellent taste but again a huge portion. Coffee was a reasonable $2.

The restaurant itself is very small, with seating inside and out. Inside can be very noisy if more than 50% full as there is nothing to absorb the sound. They have two types of chairs, with and without padding on the seats. The no-pad seats were very uncomfortable; those with padding were fine. Outside seating has one big problem -- a "cross-fit training" business next door uses very loud music and insists on keeping its garage-type door open which destroys the atmosphere. If I were the owner of this restaurant, I'd get a noise abatement action from the city.

The wine list is nice, but wine by the glass has a very limited selection and is priced at $7 to $10 per glass. A big objection is that chardonnay, our favorite, is $10/glass for an ordinary brand. The prosecco we had was the only bottle under $30.

The service was excellent; they seem to have a lot of help but might have been geared up for a full house (Friday night) but were only 40% full during our visit. The servers paid just the right amount of attention to us without being obtrusive.

Bottom line, Hardy Park Bistro is worth a try; who knows, you might like raw string beans!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

A friend who had dined at this restaurant before for breakfast and lunch suggested that we go there for dinner. From the time we entered the restaurant Natalie (our waitress) was wonderful, very friendly, a great personality and very attractive I might add.
The food was presented well, light and very tasty, just what we wanted afetr a hot day in Fort Lauderdale.

The restaurnat is a bit off the beaten track but definitely worth the effort.

All the best.

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We had a terrific business lunch with a party of four and it was an overall extremely pleasant experience for each of us! I had one of the specials of the day "Grilled Mahi Sandwich with Remoulade, Fennel Slaw and Iceberg"on a ciabatta and it was a beautiful cut of fresh fish, seasoned and cooked perfectly with a side salad. My associates raved about the "Arugula salad with tomato, avocado, olives, cucumber with balsamic" and the "Grilled Italian vegetables on ciabatta with buffalo mozzarella sandwich." I love the overall restaurants vibe and we had really great attentive service even though every table was full with a wait. We will definitely be back, especially to sample the dinner and dessert menu!