“I'm a fan. ”

Hardy Park Bistro
Ranked #56 of 1,326 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“I'm a fan. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

After our second visit I feel compelled to review. Delicious, well executed food with a great deal of respect for the ingredients. The menu is creative without being overly complicated. The grilled octopus salad is fantastic and garnished with a roasted half lemon that flavors the amazingly fresh, peppery arugula. The lamb chops were beautifully seasoned and cooked to my specification perfectly. (In my case rare.) I also appreciate the amuse bouche, changed daily, compliments of the chef. Nice touch. Excellent service from a friendly and knowledgable staff is the cherry on top. This is a neighborhood gem with charm and panache. Keep up the god work Hardy Park, our compliments to the chef!

Fort Lauderdale
“A new jewel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

A great new place for lunch, probably just as good for dinner and anxious to try, it is certainly on my list to do. I had a Portobello mushroom steak with butter sauce, which was phenomenal. Extremely tender, mouthwatering and tasty. Large portions and great quality. I will definitely return and try some of the other menu items. The service was excellent, friendly, and make you feel at home.

Visited March 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Just two blocks from home, great menu (lunch) and good service! Thanks for moving in and looking forward to trying the dinner experience too.

Ft. Lauderdale
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Second time around...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

After my not so glowing review of Hardy Park on my first visit, I went back again last night. Overall, a much much better experience. Looks like they worked the kinks out. We were greeted immediately and seated right away, even though the place was packed. The wait staff was great. Very attentive. The meal was excellent. I had the ribeye as the main course and the ceviche as the appetizer. The ceviche was exceptionally good. One person in our group had the pork belly. Said it was great. Brought our own wine. Paid the corkage ($20). No hassles.

Good job Hardy Park, keep it going! I'll be coming back.

• Visited March 2014
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Good food and service, but not all to our liking. Expensive.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Went here for Friday night dinner based on recommendation from friend. There were some good things and some not so good. Most important, the food and service was mostly excellent. But make no mistake, this is an expensive restaurant. My wife and I are not big eaters at dinnertime and so shared a three course meal and a bottle of wine. With tax and tip: $86. And we had the lowest priced wine on the menu (Prosecco Brut @ $22). Since we shared all three dishes, that would be the per person price if you consume a bottle of wine by yourself.

The appetizer was a salad with warm goat cheese over arugula and string beans ($13). It was a very large portion and easily shareable. Excellent except for the raw string beans which were too tough raw and not really tasty. Unfortunately the same salad was under the nice grilled mahi for the main course ($24). This also was a fairly large portion. The mahi was topped with an excellent home made pesto. The arugula salad underneath also included black olives and other tasty ingredients and the dish would have been excellent if it were not for those string beans.

We shared a chocolate mouse topped with whipped cream for dessert ($10). Excellent taste but again a huge portion. Coffee was a reasonable $2.

The restaurant itself is very small, with seating inside and out. Inside can be very noisy if more than 50% full as there is nothing to absorb the sound. They have two types of chairs, with and without padding on the seats. The no-pad seats were very uncomfortable; those with padding were fine. Outside seating has one big problem -- a "cross-fit training" business next door uses very loud music and insists on keeping its garage-type door open which destroys the atmosphere. If I were the owner of this restaurant, I'd get a noise abatement action from the city.

The wine list is nice, but wine by the glass has a very limited selection and is priced at $7 to $10 per glass. A big objection is that chardonnay, our favorite, is $10/glass for an ordinary brand. The prosecco we had was the only bottle under $30.

The service was excellent; they seem to have a lot of help but might have been geared up for a full house (Friday night) but were only 40% full during our visit. The servers paid just the right amount of attention to us without being obtrusive.

Bottom line, Hardy Park Bistro is worth a try; who knows, you might like raw string beans!

• Visited February 2014