Cheston House Gay Resort
US$107
US$101
RodewayInn
Good 3.5/5
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$405
US$342
US$475
  • Beachfront
All reviewshot tubother guestswilton manorspool arealast minute tripeach morningsized bedfree internetcontinental breakfastcoffee makerlauderdale beachpropertyftratesirmaprivacymicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I am so very impressed with the Cheston House. Last week was my 2nd stay, and will make this my 'place to stay' whenever in Fort Lauderdale.

I have been to Fort Lauderdale over 30 times, and stayed in countless guest houses - this establishment is my favorite. The staff - Chuck, Earl, and Dimitri were totally, and absolutely fabulous - all very helpful, sweet, and truly nice guys. Thank you again, btw...

Upon arriving I expressed concerns about my elder tiny dog. Chuck, and the guys were so understanding, and again 'helpful'.. Little Sophie the Shih-tzu just adored them.

The grounds are beautiful, with sun covering the pool, and deck from early in the morning to quite late in the day. Its great for those who like to tan. There are also several shaded seating areas for gatherings, eating, and relaxing. It really is perfectly pleasant, romantic, and charming.

I just loved my room. It was immaculate, and more like an apartment. It was large space with 2 walls of windows. I think it was very nice of Chuck to explain how room # 14 did 'not' have a view of the pool. I don't really care about that, so I booked it. I was truly thrilled when I saw this room - 2 walls of windows with sun literally pouring through - it was a large open room. Upon entering, a comfortable living room, then an open concept bedroom, 2 ceiling fans, a super-strong air conditioner, dressers, end tables, large glass coffee table, king size bed, ceramic floors throughout, and a huge walk in closet. Can you tell I was thrilled with my accommodations :)..

The crowd was friendly, and sociable - I met some wonderful guys. It can also be a romantic private setting with your special guy. The grounds are conducive to both.

The location is perfect. You can walk to the Ocean in about one minute.

One last thing - I loved the free breakfasts. Many items to choose from, and healthy choices too - what a nice touch.

I absolutely recommend the Cheston House.

Brad Brown nyc...

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nyc-cape
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I stay frequently at different guest houses in the area - I needed a place to stay on my last night in Fort Lauderdale and always wanted to check this place out.
I was greeted by someone and they did their tour about - the person had attitude and really turned me off. Being only one night, I accepted to stay here. I later found out the person that met me was the manager. The water was cold and no one went near the pool. It could be a nice place if this guy at least pretended to care for his guests. Other people staying there shared my concern.
I was made to feel that I was imposing on their time - stay at your own risk. Don't expect much! There are other places with kinder people working there - check them out!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank hnh071964
Reviewed 19 March 2011

This was our second stay with Chuck and staff at Cheston House, and intend it to be our home away from home at least once each year, if not more frequent. The accommodations are excellent; clean and bright rooms for which the staff is clearly attentive to appearance and comfort, and the grounds are purely Floridian and meticulously maintained. The continental breakfasts and early evening social hours promotes camraderie among customers in residence and we continue friendships established. We recommend Cheston House for anyone looking for a romantic getaway.

Cheston House's location to the beaches (2 short blocks to the shore), great shopping and eateries along AIA, and a short distance driving or by cab to Wilton Manors, is a plus. You will enjoy your stay.

Reviewed 15 March 2011

Well, Chuck--
You've done it again!
We go away on vacation and you and your staff continue to make us feel like we're still at home. Well, not quite home, but more like visiting a dear friend who has company while we're there, lots of company. How much more comfortable could that be? We will never forget the RSVP cruise, and Valentine's Day was our anniversary (21st to be exact). Upon entering our cabin, we saw a beautiful floral arrangement wishing us a "HAPPY ANNIVERSAY AND BON VOYAGE--LOVE, THE CHESTON HOUSE STAFF". What more can we say. Above...and beyond. It's the special touches like that, that make a vacation memorable. Say "HI" to Earlene and Dmitry.
See You Soon,
RICHARD & FRANK

Reviewed 15 March 2011

We come to Fort Lauderdale every year to escape the Upstate NY winter and very busy jobs. The Chesteon House is an oasis. The staff is the best, taking good care of the guests and always willing to help. The rooms are very well maintained, clean and comfortable. They have all size rooms from a very cozy rooms that work for a few days stay to studios and full apartments for extended stays. The grounds and the pool are very well kept. The pool is very clean and heated. They have a nice continental breakfast with good coffee - a real must. The crowd varies - a nice mix. We have met a number of people who have become long term friends who we stay in contact with year round. Thanks to Chuck and his staff the Cheston House is just what you need for that vacation or other type of visit. You can stay in, go out, lay by the pool, or go to the beach. You can do it all. In addition to being close to the beach you are relatively close to resturants, bars, clubs and shopping. We always come home rested but looking forward to our next stay at the Cheston House.

1  Thank tferrarese