“Best trip to FLL yet!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cheston House Gay Resort
Washington, DC
“Best trip to FLL yet!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

This was a last minute trip over the long holiday weekend for me. I made my plans two weeks prior to the Fourth, during which most, if not all, of the gay resorts are sold out. I initially contacted both the Elysium and the Worthington, but neither had availability. The staff at the Worthington, however, recommended I try Cheston House. So, after reading their reviews on here, most of which were good, I contacted Chuck, and made a reservation for 4 nights.

Since I’d never stayed here before, nor really heard anything about it firsthand, I was a bit apprehensive about the conditions, environment, and the type of gay, male clientele. That apprehensiveness went out the door the second I walked in through their front gate, and was greeted by Chuck, the property Manager. Chuck was pleasant, friendly, and accommodating from the moment I met him, taking me on a quick tour of the small property, to my room, and even introduced me to some of the guests visiting.

The guests were, for the most part, friendly and sociable. Though the wknd was pretty low key and quiet on the property, it was EXTREMELY relaxing, and at times, I had the large, heated pool all to myself. The only drawback about this property is the lack of a hot tub, which the owners really should consider putting in, especially given the clientele type.

I highly recommend anyone who's visiting to check out Cheston House for yourself. You won't be disappointed!

Also, make sure you check out their Facebook page. They occasionally have specials listed. I got 15% of my daily rate, which had been posted, and which was honored by Chuck even AFTER making my reservation.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank ssdupontdc

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Huntington Woods, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

Having been to Fort Lauderdale many times and staying at the same place each time, we decided to try something new and made our reservations for Cheston House. From the moment I called to make the reservation, Chuck the Property Manager couldn't have been more kind. We spent 6 days at Cheston House and Chuck and his entire staff were incredible. The rooms were immaculate and the beds were so nice to sleep on. There was a nice array of breakfast foods each morning for all of the guests and a nice Happy Hour on the weekend nights for all to enjoy. The people who stay at this property were also incredible. Nice mix of ages and great to enjoy new friends from all over. Over the weekend we were there, Chuck and Cheston House opened their doors to a community group who were having a weekend event and did a pool party on the property with all their proceeds going to charity. This speaks highly of not only the staff, but of Cheston House and it's support of charity and the local community. I would encourage anyone who may have never stayed here to give it a try. Great atmosphere, breakfast foods and Weekend Happy Hour time for all the guests, incredibly clean rooms, great pool with all day sun and a staff with the leadership of Chuck as it's Manager who welcome all guests with open arms. Loved it so much that we booked for later this Summer.

Room Tip: Check their website for specials!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

We stayed at the Cheston House for the first time this year after spending the last 4 years at a nearby Guesthouse. Chuck and the entire staff were absoultely wonderful. The property is immaculate and the rooms are even better than the pics on the website....the beds were so darn comfortable I wanted to take one home with me. The resort is spotless And the guys that we met on our trip were great! Overall if you are looking for a nice, clean and friendly place to stay, I would definitely consider the Cheston House. We liked it so much we booked to stay here over Labor Day before we left for home. On a sacle of 1 to 10 the Cheston House is definitely a 10! Thanks again to Chuck and the entire staff for making our stay a memorable one!!

• Stayed June 2011
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

This small hotel is a block away from A1A (the main beachfront street), and 3 blocks away from Sebastian Beach (mainly gay beach). The outside is beautifully landscaped with lots of vegetation surrounding the pool area. The rooms were clean, spacious and well equipped. The staff was very courteous and professional. I will definitely stay at the Cheston on my next visit to Ft Lauderdale.
Things to improve; only recommendation is to add a hot tub.
Thanks for making our getaway special!
Francisco and Chris.

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank MilitaryNurse
nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2011

I am so very impressed with the Cheston House. Last week was my 2nd stay, and will make this my 'place to stay' whenever in Fort Lauderdale.

I have been to Fort Lauderdale over 30 times, and stayed in countless guest houses - this establishment is my favorite. The staff - Chuck, Earl, and Dimitri were totally, and absolutely fabulous - all very helpful, sweet, and truly nice guys. Thank you again, btw...

Upon arriving I expressed concerns about my elder tiny dog. Chuck, and the guys were so understanding, and again 'helpful'.. Little Sophie the Shih-tzu just adored them.

The grounds are beautiful, with sun covering the pool, and deck from early in the morning to quite late in the day. Its great for those who like to tan. There are also several shaded seating areas for gatherings, eating, and relaxing. It really is perfectly pleasant, romantic, and charming.

I just loved my room. It was immaculate, and more like an apartment. It was large space with 2 walls of windows. I think it was very nice of Chuck to explain how room # 14 did 'not' have a view of the pool. I don't really care about that, so I booked it. I was truly thrilled when I saw this room - 2 walls of windows with sun literally pouring through - it was a large open room. Upon entering, a comfortable living room, then an open concept bedroom, 2 ceiling fans, a super-strong air conditioner, dressers, end tables, large glass coffee table, king size bed, ceramic floors throughout, and a huge walk in closet. Can you tell I was thrilled with my accommodations :)..

The crowd was friendly, and sociable - I met some wonderful guys. It can also be a romantic private setting with your special guy. The grounds are conducive to both.

The location is perfect. You can walk to the Ocean in about one minute.

One last thing - I loved the free breakfasts. Many items to choose from, and healthy choices too - what a nice touch.

I absolutely recommend the Cheston House.

Brad Brown nyc...

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nyc-cape
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2011

I stay frequently at different guest houses in the area - I needed a place to stay on my last night in Fort Lauderdale and always wanted to check this place out.
I was greeted by someone and they did their tour about - the person had attitude and really turned me off. Being only one night, I accepted to stay here. I later found out the person that met me was the manager. The water was cold and no one went near the pool. It could be a nice place if this guy at least pretended to care for his guests. Other people staying there shared my concern.
I was made to feel that I was imposing on their time - stay at your own risk. Don't expect much! There are other places with kinder people working there - check them out!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank hnh071964
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2011

This was our second stay with Chuck and staff at Cheston House, and intend it to be our home away from home at least once each year, if not more frequent. The accommodations are excellent; clean and bright rooms for which the staff is clearly attentive to appearance and comfort, and the grounds are purely Floridian and meticulously maintained. The continental breakfasts and early evening social hours promotes camraderie among customers in residence and we continue friendships established. We recommend Cheston House for anyone looking for a romantic getaway.

Cheston House's location to the beaches (2 short blocks to the shore), great shopping and eateries along AIA, and a short distance driving or by cab to Wilton Manors, is a plus. You will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple