“Helpful hotelier”

Cheston House Gay Resort
Sydney, Australia
“Helpful hotelier”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed at the resort in the first week of July. Whilst it was quiet, we really enjoyed the courteous and helpful staff in the accommodation at CH. The resort is small but clean and provides all the needed amenities (including suntan lotion if you forget to bring your own). Chuck and Co. are professional in their daily task but friendly and un-intrusive. They even went out of their way to help us getting a taxi so we wouldn't be late for our flight during the Fourth of July celebration. Thanks so much Chuck for making our trip pleasant and memorable. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to any sun seekers/ fun seekers who value good times in the private and not so private environment. It is not a tough call to return to CH!

Room Tip: Get a suite if you want privacy or a room facing the pool if you like midnight swim's with your...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travel-gam

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

We spent 5 nights and enjoyed our stay at Cheston House- thanks to Chuck and the staff for a memorable time- helpful and accommodating right to the end on July the 4th when we checked out Chuck offered to join their BBQ lunch whilst waiting for our taxi!! Highly recommend Cheston House and hope to stay again next time when in Florida. Thanks Chuck from the two Aussie Travelers.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Walt_oz
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

I made a reservation and had to put down over 100 dollars as a deposit. I became ill and called to cancel the reservation. The person answering the phone told me they would keep my money regardless of the fact that I was ill. He was very rude. This place is very expensive and not accommodating. Indeed, it's not worth the money. I will never stay there again. I like to stay where I feel welcomed and respected, which is not the case with the Cheston House.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gary34515
Apopka, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

This resort feels like your home, everything is just laid back and perfect. The grounds and Charm of the Hotel itself are something else. It is like stepping back in time when things had a different value. The guests that I met while there were fantastic and very friendly. Perhaps it is like taking a step back in time, when hotels were hotels and not some number on the charts. Thank you for a great visit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

We had such an awesome time over Memorial Day. The property was so nice. Pictures don't do it justice. Chuck and the staff were very attentive. I don't have to ask for a thing because it was already provided. We didn't see Lawrence a lot, but new he was there from how clean our room stayed. Thanks for a great stay. We will definitely return.

Kevin & Barry

• Stayed May 2013
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

We had a nice and pleasant stay during memorial day weekend. Stay was friendly and crowd was a mixture of ages which I like. Pool area is nicely done and kept clean. Room was comfortable with my only complaint being that in a warm day I think the air conditioner in the bedroom is not sufficient for the entire room. Breakfast is indeed repetitive with prepackaged bagels and coffee. Wouldn't hurt them to hit a local bagel shop or Publix for fresh bagels. Maybe some fresh fruit?
Close to the beach and the bars. Despite the items I've mentioned I'm sure we will be back.

Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Littlecubtampa
Oak Lawn, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

This was our first time coming to Cheston House and will not be our last. The staff Chuck, Lawrence, and Larry were all great. Chuck went above and beyond for me. One morning I woke up and broke my eye glasses well Chuck told me to go to his eye doctor and tell him that Chuck sent me and his doctor didnt charge me to fix them. The grounds were private and well kept. This location is great for the guys that love a little quite while on vacation. Very close to the beach. Just overall great time.

Bobby and Robert

Room Tip: room 16 is great :P large shower and closet to the pool
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple