“A very nice and very friendly place to stay.”

Cheston House Gay Resort
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I had a very nice room overlooking the pool. For a small room I found it quite large with lots of extras for the price, I thought, such as TV, DVD player, microwave and small fridge, coffee maker, Ironing board (no iron but I'm sure the friendly staff would have provided one had I needed one). I could not believe all the closet space and all the drawers for my clothes. One of the roomier places I've stayed in for the price. It really felt like home away from home. Exceedingly comfortable.

The pool and its patio are quite big. There are plenty of places to lounge or to sit. There is sun on the patio all day. I nearly cooked my iPhone leaving it in the sun. People staying at the hotel were so friendly to me which is a wonderful thing when you are traveling alone. It's been said that it is largely and older crowd and I found this to be true. This may not be for the under forty crowd, at least from my experience. But for an older traveler like myself, it is ideal.

I can't give a full five stars and only because it's just not a fancy place. There are not an awful lot of amenities such as a bar or hot food. The breakfast was a little disappointing I must say. Having said that, I cannot stress enough that this is an excellent choice for anyone who wants simple, clean and comfortable accommodations with a very friendly atmosphere and just a block and a half from the beach. I miss it so much and I will probably be back very soon and stay quite a bit longer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Bobtoronto65

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We arrived and were shocked at the quality of repair in the rooms.

The aircon was very noisy and vibrated. It was only held in with foam and balanced in place, so in order to sleep we had to turn it off. Due to the heat, we put on the ceiling fan at a low speed which made a clicking noise at every rotation.... it wasn't a good night sleep.

the rooms are tired and have not seen any redecoration or maintenance for quite a while. This really ISN'T a place you want to visit, especially with other options just a few meters away.

We had arrived very late and sadly were too late to find an alternative room or hotel as the reception was closed. we checked out the next day and are now fighting to get a refund on the days we didn't spend there.

I hope the hotel reads this and takes note that they really do need to sort themselves out because I would STRONGLY recommend that you do not book in this hotel currently.

Room Tip: another hotel - try the royal palms which was very good (by comparison almost anything would be very...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank londonhugo
Reviewed 7 January 2014

A nice little gay guest house. Very friendly staff, very friendly guests. If you want a quiet vacation or a party vacation, you can have it here.

Chuck, Lawrence and Larry are incredibly nice guys and will make you feel welcome at their place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JimO10011
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights end of April and enjoyed it. That was our first time in FL. Everything was clean including Pool. Were looking for a quiet place and it was. Next door are two other establishments but this is more of a party crowd that goes 24h .....
Room was simply furnished but it did not bother us at all.

The only downside was the music at the pool .... we wished they would at least change the type during the day ..... simply because it is a gay resort it has to have club music right in the morning and all day long is not justified.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank axel16
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We just love this place. Chuck and everyone who works there are very helpful and very polite.
The rooms are very clean and everything else are also very FANTASTIC thats why we have been there the last 5 years. Hopefully we can go back next year:-)

Its very close to the beach and a nice walk down to the bars at the beach.

Gaybars you need a taxi or drive yourself.

Thanks to Cheston for taking so good care of us. The sun allways shine and so do you.

Love you all

T & T from Norway

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I checked into this hotel following a trip to Orlando and was warmly greeted
the Beach location is GREAT
The pool is warm and clean
The rooms are clean and comfortable
I would definitely stay again!
And my dog who always travels with me was most welcome at this property

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tedc061
Reviewed 3 September 2013

From the time we booked this place till check out it was perfect. We checked in late and our room was waiting for us. Nice clean room. We opted to upgrade to a suite which gave us more room. Daily cleaning of the room was good. The courtyard/pool area was nice and quite. Very relaxing atmosphere. The pool is open all night for your use. They have a continental breakfast every morning. The staff there was very attentive and very nice. I would recommend it for a nice quite weekend get away.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem great, but I would chose the suite just because of the extra room you get. 1st fl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple