“Great stay, Absolutely would stay again.”

Cheston House Gay Resort
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We found this hotel by accident and it was the best stay we've had in a while.
The host's were very helpful in getting us a great room. The property was very well maintained. The room was clean and the bed was so comfortable.. it was hard to get out of.

Thanks to the hosts.. we look forward to staying again..

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 July 2009

I can not tell you how at home I felt at Cheston House. Chuck was a gracious host. He is very professional, yet personable.
The location is minutes from the beach, a bit longer to Sebastian, the gay beach. They provide umbrellas, chairs, and towels. The pool is great for a fresh water swim after a day of surf and sand. You can go au naturale at the pool.
If you have a car, there is parking. The night life is about 10 minutes away.
This is not the most luxurious hotel in the area, but it is a great value in a friendly environment. I plan on staying there when I return to Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2009

My partner and I just returned from the Cheston House after a 10-day stay. We came across the Cheston House several years ago, but were only able to stay 2 days. We decided then that we would return to get the full experience of Fort Lauderdale and that Cheston House was the perfect place to do it. We came for our 10 year anniversary and it couldn't have been more perfect. Chuck , the manager, is a sweetheart. He went out of his way to help my partner to surprise me for our anniversary by getting a bottle of champagne for us and having it for us for cocktail hour on the day of our anniversary. There were days when he would just sit and relax with us and get to know us and the rest of the guests better, all the while still thinking about what goes on behind the scenes. Earl, the assistant was a hoot! Always, cheerful, always smiling, always working, but always willing to stop and catch up with us about our day. We made several friends while there and look forward to staying in touch with all of them. We will be back for sure. Thanks Chuck!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2009

Having never been to Ft. Lauderdale before, my partner and I were not sure what to expect. To say that we were pleasantly surprised would be grossly understating our experience. Cheston House, as managed by Chuck, was clean, attractive, friendly, accommodating, and relaxing. Furthermore, everyone connected with Cheston House--Chuck, Earl, Romny--was eager to make each guest comfortable. In addition to the proximity of the establishment to restaurants, bars, clubs, beaches, and shopping, all of the guests were made to feel welcome and encouraged to have a good time. Although this was our first experience with the Ft. Lauderdale area, it will definitely not be our last.
We are now looking forward to a return trip to Florida with another extended stay at the Cheston House.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2009

The place is very nice, very clean, freshly renovated, well equipped, however if you like to get a real rest don't take rooms # 18 and 19. Those are face to face with pool machinery which works 24h/day. Sleeping with such a noise (comes through to your room, of course) is almost a nightmare...

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert1967
chestonmanager, Manager at Cheston House Gay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2009

Dear Robert1967,

During your stay, the pool pump motor started to burn out, thus producing an increasingly loud noise. I was aware of the problem, notified the pool maintenance company and ordered a new pool pump motor. The problem became evident around the time of your arrival on June 5th. I turned off the pump on the morning of June 7th because it was no longer a manageable situation. The new motor was installed on June 8th. The problem is resolved, room's 18 and 19 are once again, quiet and peaceful.

Reviewed 31 May 2009

This was a series of firsts for my partner and I: our first trip to Ft. Lauderdale, our first stay at a guest house, a vacation celebrating our (nearing) first year together. We couldn't have happened upon a more welcoming and relaxing place. All the staff was warm and friendly, the guests social and cool, and the rooms big and comfy. The manager, Chuck, even upgraded our room to a suite noting that a couple of, um, fuller sized boys like ourselves might need a, um, fuller sized bed. After an introductory sunburn on my first trip to the beach I was pretty much tethered to the hotel so that I could be close to relief at all times. I was lucky that it was Cheston House with it's clean, spacious rooms, wireless internet, refrigerator, and shady pool-side lounging areas.
The staff had great rcommendations for eating, shopping, partying, and tourist-ing. The pool was warm, clean, and a little bit sexy but the vibe wasn't leering or highly charged. Just relaxing and fun.
Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2008

I have been a regular customer at the Cheston House since it opened in 2001. I've stayed there between one and three times per year, but every November for 18 nights. When I arrive each trip, I feel like I have come home. The manager and the staff are excellent and make me feel like family. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The guests are almost always friendly, and I have made close friends there through the years. I'm not sure what prompted gbltrvlr to write what he did about the manager, but the manager is the sweetest man. He prepared a huge Thanksgiving dinner for the guests yesterday and went way above and beyond to ensure that all his guests had a memorable Thanksgiving Day. I recommend the Cheston House to all my friends.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)