Review Highlights
Good food, friendly service but meh

Reviewed 15 February 2018

from US$46.99
from US$149.00
from US$97.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

This place was discussing. In the time I sat and ate at the bar I observed our waitress wipe her nose repeatedly, food setting outside the kitchen for much longer than it should be and staff eating fries off the customer’s plates. In the 45 min of sitting at the bar no one washed their hands. One server, ours, was eating a rice crispy treat in between serving and still no washing of the hands.
There was a garbage Oder that at first we thought was garbage, sorry to say it was not.
I am a Hilton diamond level customer and I have never seen this kind of thing from Hilton, especially a double tree.
The flavor of the food was good and the ingredients seemed to be good but they didn’t have a chance with the service was like this. To management: if you have cameras please look at them.
Again disgusting. And the insult on top, was a auto tip for 18%.
Maybe that’s why customer service was so far off. A reward without accountability.

1  Thank R S
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed watching the world cup game at the pool. Great Service from Amanda and everybody at the restaurant. Thank you!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Violina at the bar was awesome! Great atmosphere and even better drinks. I am now just typing for no reason because of the character limit.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Westin for a friend’s bachelorette and we had an amazing time at Waves because Amanda was so attentive and happy to make our visit perfect. Thanks Amanda for a great day of drinking in the sun!!

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I ordered a Cuban sandwich that was super tasty, and had a pretty good server but they needed more on the clock as he was overrun. I also had to ask for a cloth to wipe down my table before anyone did.

Prices aren’t outrageous but not cheap either. Fair value.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

This is a very nice place to grab a drink if you are a guest at the Bahia Mar by Double Tree Hotel; not sure if you can use these services without being a guest of the hotel. Wonderful ocean breeze and very good views but they allow smoking which is a big NO for us, apparently because it is an outside venue but come on, its still at a hotel and right at the pool with many people including adults. The drinks are not near as good as just going into the bar right inside the hotel. They also close too early.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a beer at the bar and then ignored for an hour. Not good enough. No attempt to serve until it was too late. No evidence that either of the two bartenders wanted to work. Nice hotel and pool area but the bar “service” is laughable. Very poor.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I ordered fish tacos w/ cole slaw and hubby had burger w/ fries. Both orders came with fries. Oh, well. The table was sticky and I just wanted to get the food and go, so I didn't complain. The fish tacos were very good.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Hi, Hubby and I stayed on the Ft Lauderdale Beach for the weekend. We decided to check out the Waves Pool Bar and it was very nice. Like the other poster, I wished there were more umbrellas. I also wish that folks did not get up early and place their towels on the chairs and leave them while they are elsewhere. The pool wasn't heavily populated but there was a towel on just about every chair. So we had to opt to go to the beach, which was nice.

Reviewed 6 October 2014

Lovely pool. I wish they had more umbrellas, but everything else was great. The bar has really cheap drink specials at certain times of the day. I didn't eat the food, but heard many people say it was yummy.