“Great Hotel for Our Purposes”

Haven Hotel - Fort Lauderdale Airport
Ranked #98 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Huntington Station, New York
“Great Hotel for Our Purposes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

Our flight from Ft. Lauderdale was cancelled on a Thursday evening due to weather. 200 people scrambling to find a hotel for the night. We went onto hotels.com and found this hotel. The couple next to us was busy booking the Sheraton for twice the price.
The hotel was 10 minutes away by taxi, $8 fare to get there.

Its a small hotel near the airport. Not fancy but wholly adequate for our needs. The room was spotlessly clean, the bed incredibly comfortable with soft sheets and covers and good pillows. There was even a little room off the main room with bunk beds in case you had to put up kids. The bathroom had a shower which was fine, the towels were soft. The Wi Fi worked perfectly, the tv had cable. The front desk was incredibly helpful, they gave us menus since we had already returned our rental car so we ordered dinner in which was just fine. The next morning at 6 a.m. they had a continental breakfast just in time for our taxi to pick us up at 6:30 a.m. to go back to the airport. We were overall very pleasantly surprised. We met the same couple from the night before who spent twice the money we spent to stay at the Sheraton. We were just as clean and rested as they were, and, money ahead.

Room Tip: If you want a clean comfortable room to overnight near the airport, this is a good choice.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank PamelaLI_13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

I have stayed here several times this last time we ended up extending our stay and stayed a couple of weeks waiting on our job to move into a new live-in position. The staff were great very helpful and always pleasant. a great little breakfast and a hot cup of coffee every morning. Our room was clean and well worth what we paid and I have and will stay here again. it doesn't matter why your in town for a weekend trip or an overnight waiting for a cruise this is the place to stay if your looking for a clean room in a small motel at a great price....and to top it off a great conversation with a great staff..

Room Tip: in the times we have stayed here we have stayed in several different rooms and they all were great f...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

outrageously overpriced and very very small. No amenities and there was a hole in the ceiling and crumbs in the bed. Gross. The owner was neat, but for the outrageous price and the horrible room no amount of service could make up for it.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you absolutely must
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank KatiexKatie
London, Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

I booked this hotel through Expedia unpublished rates, knowing I was booking a 2 star equivalent to days inn. After I purchased the room and the hotel was revealed, I was skeptical, but figured if Expedia has a partnership with this hotel then it should be fine. After all, it was in a great location close to airport and port everglades, and it was just for one night. So I arrived in Fort Lauderdale and called the motel. They did agree to early check in which was nice. Enroute, stopped at a diner for breakfast that was 2 blocks away from the motel. No one working there had heard of it, which set off some alarms for me. Upon arrival to the motel, it was In a sketchy area and looked run down. I attended the room and the door to enter was weathered and did not appear secure. As soon as I entered the room I felt itchy. The room was small, dents in the walls, humid, bathroom small with wet Kleenex stuffed into cracks in walls. I checked the mattress and sheets and observed translucent bugs. That was enough for me, I attempted to use the free wifi to look for another hotel, but the password did not work. I then got out the phone book in the room and noticed the same bugs on the counter and in the phone book. Tried to use the phone, but it didn't work. Ended up leaving as fast as I could. Spoke with the manager, who was friendly but refused refund. When I complained about the bugs, he apologized and advised he has the room sprayed monthly. The manager then assisted me by looking online for a better hotel and called me a cab. I ended up at the crowne plaza hotel down the road, which is much nicer. Had to pay $269 for the night but well worth it.

Stay away from Americas best inn! It looks like a motel that rents by the hour, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LBH_85
LA LUZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

Made this reservation on the internet and it seemed to be a moderate priced (for FL) inn centrally located to the airport and cruise ship port. Arriving late at night, the exterior was frightning. Having no where else to go we spent the night. Built in 1920-30 I dont believe much of anything has ever been done to the place since. Bathroom is nothing more than a converted closet. Holes in the wall, rotted base boards, leaking faucets, just deployable condition. Feeling insecure I tied the door shut with parachute cord to preclude unwanted entry. Unfortunately, because of lack of availablity we had to stay a second night but in a different room. I have stayed in nicer places for one third the money. Driving by, I would not voluntarily stop to stay rather elect to sleep in the car.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RICHARD C
Long Island, Ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

Convenient, cozy. Someone's putting some effort into this motel (keep it up!), most convenient to the port and to the FLL-Hollywood airport as well as highly convenient to beaches and other attractions. Most efficient check-in I've experienced in a good long while.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pointlessly
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012

OH MY ... we checked in late on Christmas night. Our room did not even have a working shower! Of course when I looked in the shower, there would have been NO way since it belonged in a junk yard! The sink barely drained and there was only 1 working lightbulb in the bathroom. Never had a worst night of sleeping ... couldn't wait to check out in the morning!

I will definitely be reading reviews before I let my husband book another hotel! We have sent a complaint to Expedia - this hotel needs a major renovation!

Room Tip: Wouldn't care to check out anything at this hotel!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cathy R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale...
#28 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
BEST WESTERN  Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Ai...
#37 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,113 reviews
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
Extended Stay America - Ft. Laud...
#79 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Air...
#21 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,246 reviews
Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn
Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise...
#49 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Haven Hotel - Fort Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!