“I Got what I Paid For!!!”

Haven Hotel - Fort Lauderdale Airport
Ranked #103 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We recently stayed over night, before a cruise. The only thing good I can say is that it is close to the cruise port. The room was very small, very outdated and not the most comfortable. The bathroom was so small and dumpy. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank e-cruise

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Wife and me flew in from CA. and were so happy we picked this motel. The location is 15 min. from anything; beaches, shopping at the Harbor Shops! walking to the bus stop is 5 min. and only 2 miles from shops. Really close to the airport and the owners Chris and Mia are real nice people. The motel itself is older, but has a wonderful history. It's clean, well maintained, and safe. The pool is immaculate! We have decided to stay and rent out the cute little bungalow. Having a great time.

Room Tip: There are a choice of rooms, studios, and apartments. Hi speed wi-fi, free digital cable, and a gre...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Our flight from Ft. Lauderdale was cancelled on a Thursday evening due to weather. 200 people scrambling to find a hotel for the night. We went onto hotels.com and found this hotel. The couple next to us was busy booking the Sheraton for twice the price.
The hotel was 10 minutes away by taxi, $8 fare to get there.

Its a small hotel near the airport. Not fancy but wholly adequate for our needs. The room was spotlessly clean, the bed incredibly comfortable with soft sheets and covers and good pillows. There was even a little room off the main room with bunk beds in case you had to put up kids. The bathroom had a shower which was fine, the towels were soft. The Wi Fi worked perfectly, the tv had cable. The front desk was incredibly helpful, they gave us menus since we had already returned our rental car so we ordered dinner in which was just fine. The next morning at 6 a.m. they had a continental breakfast just in time for our taxi to pick us up at 6:30 a.m. to go back to the airport. We were overall very pleasantly surprised. We met the same couple from the night before who spent twice the money we spent to stay at the Sheraton. We were just as clean and rested as they were, and, money ahead.

Room Tip: If you want a clean comfortable room to overnight near the airport, this is a good choice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank PamelaLI_13
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I have stayed here several times this last time we ended up extending our stay and stayed a couple of weeks waiting on our job to move into a new live-in position. The staff were great very helpful and always pleasant. a great little breakfast and a hot cup of coffee every morning. Our room was clean and well worth what we paid and I have and will stay here again. it doesn't matter why your in town for a weekend trip or an overnight waiting for a cruise this is the place to stay if your looking for a clean room in a small motel at a great price....and to top it off a great conversation with a great staff..

Room Tip: in the times we have stayed here we have stayed in several different rooms and they all were great f...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2013

outrageously overpriced and very very small. No amenities and there was a hole in the ceiling and crumbs in the bed. Gross. The owner was neat, but for the outrageous price and the horrible room no amount of service could make up for it.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you absolutely must
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank KatiexKatie
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I booked this hotel through Expedia unpublished rates, knowing I was booking a 2 star equivalent to days inn. After I purchased the room and the hotel was revealed, I was skeptical, but figured if Expedia has a partnership with this hotel then it should be fine. After all, it was in a great location close to airport and port everglades, and it was just for one night. So I arrived in Fort Lauderdale and called the motel. They did agree to early check in which was nice. Enroute, stopped at a diner for breakfast that was 2 blocks away from the motel. No one working there had heard of it, which set off some alarms for me. Upon arrival to the motel, it was In a sketchy area and looked run down. I attended the room and the door to enter was weathered and did not appear secure. As soon as I entered the room I felt itchy. The room was small, dents in the walls, humid, bathroom small with wet Kleenex stuffed into cracks in walls. I checked the mattress and sheets and observed translucent bugs. That was enough for me, I attempted to use the free wifi to look for another hotel, but the password did not work. I then got out the phone book in the room and noticed the same bugs on the counter and in the phone book. Tried to use the phone, but it didn't work. Ended up leaving as fast as I could. Spoke with the manager, who was friendly but refused refund. When I complained about the bugs, he apologized and advised he has the room sprayed monthly. The manager then assisted me by looking online for a better hotel and called me a cab. I ended up at the crowne plaza hotel down the road, which is much nicer. Had to pay $269 for the night but well worth it.

Stay away from Americas best inn! It looks like a motel that rents by the hour, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LBH_85
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Made this reservation on the internet and it seemed to be a moderate priced (for FL) inn centrally located to the airport and cruise ship port. Arriving late at night, the exterior was frightning. Having no where else to go we spent the night. Built in 1920-30 I dont believe much of anything has ever been done to the place since. Bathroom is nothing more than a converted closet. Holes in the wall, rotted base boards, leaking faucets, just deployable condition. Feeling insecure I tied the door shut with parachute cord to preclude unwanted entry. Unfortunately, because of lack of availablity we had to stay a second night but in a different room. I have stayed in nicer places for one third the money. Driving by, I would not voluntarily stop to stay rather elect to sleep in the car.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RICHARD C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
Extended Stay America - Ft. Laud...
#70 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale...
#31 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdal...
#41 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/C...
#67 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Haven Hotel - Fort Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!