“Very good for over night layover” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Haven Hotel - Fort Lauderdale Airport

Haven Hotel - Fort Lauderdale Airport
Ranked #98 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Vail, Colorado
“Very good for over night layover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

24 hr front desk is polite and helpful. Room was clean and had all basic amenities. Larger fridge in room was a nice add. Front desk arranged our departure cab at arrival and had our c/i info ready to simply sign so that we could get to sleep. We did not need to check out we just left our keys in the room.

Room Tip: Bring a sleep mask. Lots of light pollution so close to FLL.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank irish b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Treadwell, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

the room we stayed in the first night on departure for grand bahama was bigger and really nice, actually. on return, the room was smaller and a dehumidifier ran all night,,actually HAD to be on due to chlorine(?) smell in room.i am sure we could have been moved, but it was late and we were tired. the staff were so helpful and there was a great array of breakfasty food. literally one-half the cost of every other place, so it was for us since we were going on a 6 week jaunt and needed to be frugal

Room Tip: ask to see the rooms..take your pick
2 Thank connie h
Norton Shores, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Chris and his staff are very friendly and helpful. They arranged early morning taxis and everything.
You are 5 minutes away from cruise port and 10 minutes from airport.
The new pub down the street called The Keg was awesome.
Thanks for the hospitality!
Thanks Cathy & Julia

Room Tip: Stay in the 'upgraded' rooms - larger and more comfortable. Still very reasonable. Only ta...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank cruise-n-cat
Oceanport, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

This has to have been the worst hotel we have ever stayed at.
Carpet was wet (we were told there was a leak in the bathroom) it smelled and was dirty. it was after midnight and we did not have a car to go anywhere else. So I slept with the lights and my clothes on to keep the roaches away. Will NEVER go back.

Room Tip: Stay some place else.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DrBob1957
London, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We know that this is an old property and we have stayed here several times before. Up side is it is only a short cab ride from the airport and to Port Everglades. People are very friendly and the price is very good.We have never seen any bugs but it is a very old rosd side motel in a commercial area. Gold Coast car rental is right accross the street. Fixtures are old and basic.Bed is comfortable and we think it is kept very clean but rooms are small. It is a great hotel for a nights stay or more but don't expect too much. We don't want to pay a lot of money for a nights sleep.The staff tries very hard to help with any concerns but as always, only the unhappy people seem to leave comments. We will use their property again if the need arises. We really enjoy sitting in the courtyard and meeting other cruisers before and after our cruise and enjoying a glass of wine with them.
This hotel is small and intimate with only about 14 rooms on 1 level. If you want something fancy, go down the road and pay 2 or $300 dollars for a nights stay.

Cancun, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel is right near the airport, and even closer to the off-site car rental places. The rooms are simple (TV, shower, air conditioning etc), as you would expect from any budget hotel. On top of that, the room was spotlessly clean, and I really appreciated the no-nonsense free wifi, and simple free breakfast. However, the thing that stands out for this place is the owners... they obviously work really hard to keep this place as perfect as possible. They are incredibly friendly, and I am sure they would do absolutely anything they could to make the stay perfect. They really make the place!

I would come back here again 100% - it is a simple budget hotel, but with the added bonus of the personal touch thanks to the owners.

3 Thank Elspeth H H
Fort Washington, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Room is small, but decent for an overnight stay. Bathroom is extremely small; when you sit on the toilet your head and/or knees hit the sink. Shower only. During the day, the room is pleasant. However, at night, it was like an episode of The Fly. After i was able to sleep for a few hours, i heard what sounded like small scratching in the wall above my head. I got up and turned on the lights to investigate. It sounded like mice or a rat, but it was worse than that. I tapped on the wall with the remote twice and out pops the biggest cockroach i have ever seen in my life. it came out from behind the picture of Phil Collins on the wall. I swear it was about 2-3 inches long (after some research it looks like a German Cockroach which can get pretty big in southern florida) As it tried to scurry, it fell into the pile of pillows i was just laying in 2 minutes prior on the bed. Needless to say i yelped and jumped 5 ft in the air. So i slowly moved the pillows around while my sneaker was in my hand. I watched the thing run onto the nightstand then ultimately fall on the floor, just where i wanted it. I WAPPED it with my sneaker twice. Success, thought it was dead but after a minute or two it moved and tried to scurry away, oh hell no! I used the book in the room to pick it up and put it outside. I further examined the room and found another crawling on the desk, and a smaller one near the coffee. That was it, i packed up my stuff and put it in my rental car in the parking lot. I slept in my car for a few hours which i kind of didn't feel safe, so i ultimately went back into the room. By this time it was about 3-4am. I decided to cautiously lay across the bottom of the bed with my hoodie and my purse in front of me. i was able to sleep for a few hours, but then i woke up to see one of them big MFers crawling near my face and my arm and my purse. I screamed and jumped up and grabbed my sneaker again. It fell to the floor and i wapped it twice. It again was trying to move so i picked that one up and threw it outside. I was awake for the rest of the morning and couldn't WAIT to get out of there.

The breakfast was a joke. Tiny boxes of cereal with a gallon of milk in the fridge, some fruit, and packets of hot cereal. The guy that checked me in was very nice, the guy in the morning was alright, not really attentive. I didn't have a choice of where i could stay since i was only in Ft Lauderdale for one night for business. But i would NEVER stay at this place again. I kind of wondered if anyone else had any problems that night since the motel was at capacity.

Nice room, nice staff, BIG UGLY BUGS!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank MsDevil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale...
#25 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
Extended Stay America - Ft. Laud...
#79 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
BEST WESTERN  Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Ai...
#37 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,089 reviews
Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn
Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise...
#48 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Port Everglades Cruise Port
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauder...
#61 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Haven Hotel - Fort Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!