Coconut Bay Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Tranquilo(Fort Lauderdale)
Cocobelle Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
Royal Palms Resort & Spa(Fort Lauderdale)
Soleado Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
Summerland Suites(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
Tropi Rock Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
Napoli Belmar Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
Premiere Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
All reviewsthrough rcibonnet houselock boxpool areagalleria mallliving roombirch parka short block walkone bedroom unitsouthern floridapull out sofa bedspent a week herehalf bathsunrise blvdcoffee potnice poolworked fine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We just returned from a short 2 day stay at the Coconut Bay Resort and had a great time. The resort is a bit older but that adds to the charm of this great place. The rooms were spacious (we had a 1br unit with 2 baths) and very clean. I was surprised at how quiet it was. Everything was within walking distance and parking was ample. The GM along with the rest of the resort staff were friendly assisted us with our stay. Many thanks! We look forward to our return!

Room Tip: I couldn't find a corkscrew in the room so I suggest brining one with you if drinking wine.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JoseKeyWest
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I've stayed two summers now and really love the location of the property. Walking distance to the beach, eateries, mall, grocery store, water taxi, etc. (Shout out to Yo mama's icecream!! I was there at least every other day)

My unit was pretty clean as was last year. I love the addition of the flat screens.. That was one of the best things they could have done. Last year, I had an older model TV. The bed is very comfortable and the kitchen was useful.. We like to get around a lot but I really enjoyed my time when I was hanging out at the unit. It's very comfortable. I like the tropical decor. Not overdone but you feel like you are on vacation..

The pool area is very nice and tropical-like.. Nice landscaping around the pool. I enjoyed the pool/whirl pool. Pool was never too crowded.

Overall, no frills and thrills but clean and comfortable especially for the traveler that gets around a lot and not looking for the resort to provide much entertainment or activities.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank adelta
Reviewed 6 June 2013

What is good about Coconut Bay Ft. Lauderdale...Location, free parking, nice pool area. What is bad about Coconut Bay.....lack of security, bad management personnel, dirty rooms.
Also, I can't believe anyone still uses hard door keys for their vacation property these days!!
Pool area isn't locked at night and party people who are not staying on the property come in all night long. No security on the property. The joke is the security cameras they have at the pool but no one monitors them.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed here for a week using time share points. The apartment was large, including an open plan living room and dining room, kitchen, bedroom, one and half bathrooms, and a private outside area overlooking a yacht basin. The resort is 50m from a 7-11, and a 15 minute walk from a good grocery store. It is also a short walk from a car rental agency and 200m from the beach. From just outside the resort you can catch buses going in various directions. We were particularly impressed with how comfortable the bed was.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I don't remember how it was we came to the resort the first time but we were sure it wouldn't be the last. We've been there for 3 summers already. It's honestly our home: close to the beach, next to Birch Park and bike rental, very near Publix. The apartments themselves can't be more comfortable. The pool is ALWAYS heated according to outside temperature. They have books and board games to lend. Every Mon coffee and doughnuts to socialize and every Wed pop and hotdogs!! Last year they got wi-fi everywhere!! Last but not least, the staff: nice and friendly people, always ready to help, Nixa and her crew. Really, our home away from Argentina!!

Room Tip: The ones on the ground floor are better
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family