“Exceptional hotel with awesome staff, great restaurants, the best location on the beach and a fantastic pool too.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Just loved staying here and although we live close by in Ft Lauderdale, coming here for the weekend felt like we were far away in a beautiful luxury resort hotel, equal to some of the finest destinations that we've stayed around the world. So lucky to have this hotel right in my own back yard, and can't wait to come back again for another stay-cation. Great value for a first class luxury hotel with the best beach and beautiful ocean at your front door.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Alliedkb1
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your Stay-cation at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort!
I am very appreciative of the great review, and will share your comments with our team. We hope to see you back soon. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,138)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort has been one of my favorite Hilton properties to visit since its inception in 2006. Since my family and I love this hotel and frequently visit it, we planned a surprise 40th Birthday for my cousin on Labor Day Weekend. We had a great time and the staff was incredibly instrumental in allowing us to pull off the surprise party. Every staff member went over and beyond in assisting us to make it an unforgettable event - from Kim Nielsen (Asst. Dir. of Front Office Operations) providing us with multiple rooms in close proximity to one another and organizing balloon delivery to Anthony Coffey (Spa/Recreation Food & Beverage Manager) making suggestions and orchestrating in room catering. Additionally, Mark, David and Fernando (my favorites) were always there to lend a helping hand or offer directions everytime we entered / exited the property. I highly recommend this property not only because its beautiful, but because these gentlemen make the experience spectacular.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Lfgdgrace
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
We appreciate the review and recommendation, and pleased to read that the surprise birthday celebration was enjoyable. It appears that our entire team provided personalized service, and I will ensure that the Team Members mentioned receive the recognition they deserve. We look forward to your return in the near future. Thank you!
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stay at a Hilton hotel for business every week, this time it was for vacation with my family. I have to say that the housekeeping was less than pleasing, the concierge didn't even bother to return the call from my room for advise! The one thing that made our whole trip was Jon, the valet. He not only took time address us by name but was a wealth of knowledge to the local area and attractions, if not for him I would not visit again. That said; if you go talk to Jon, you wont be sorry!!

Room Tip: Get the balcony overlooking A1A and the ocean, that will make your whole trip.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank VSwezey
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay. I am pleased that Jon provided you with personalized service, and will ensure he is recognized for those efforts. I do apologize for any issues with housekeeping, and would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you fdirectly about those details. At your convenience, I can be reached at 954-414-2602. Thank you.
Montevideo, Uruguay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

once or twice a year I choose this hotel for a week and I've been doing a long time.
I choose this hotel because of its geographic location, for your convenience, its facilities and the attention of their staff.
latter always stands out with something special and on this occasion was Karina at breakfast and Carlos on the belldesk.
thank you very much to all the staff for your attention.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pablo s
Thank you for the review and your loyalty to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I am pleased that our team provided you with personalized service, and will ensure that Karina and Carlos receive recognition for going above and beyond. We hope you can return soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

The Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort is now my new favorite Hilton! Three friends and I decided to do a Girls Weekend during Labor Day weekend to celebrate our 40th birthdays. We selected the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort over the W, next door due to the location and the reviews from other travelers.
From the time, we checked in to the time we checked out, the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort never disappointed us!! When we arrived, we were greeted by the parking attendants who were very friendly and helpful. Thanks Jon for helping us to unload and to let us know what we needed to do to get our car prior to leaving the property! I went to check in at the front desk. There was a small wait (less than 4 minutes). I was checked in by Georgios, who was very pleasant and explained what was on the property and around the surrounding area. Upon check in, I learned that my reservation had been upgraded from a one bedroom suite to the two bedroom suite on the 25th floor. They had just put in new carpet and we were the first ones to stay there. Carlos, the Bellhop, helped us to the room. He is quite a character (in a great way). He helped us to the room and was willing to make sure we were settled in - got us ice, took our order down for glassware and plates, etc.
The room was more than spacious!! It was beautiful! We were facing the city and marina, but had a wraparound balcony, so we could see the ocean too. The master suite had a wonderful bathroom and private balcony. The shower has the overhead showerhead and a jacuzzi/whirlpool tub with 6 jets. I fell in love with both. The second bedroom area was nice as well. The bathroom wasn't as big as the master suite, but it was still nice. The beds were nice and comfortable. It was a full kitchen. You can get utensils, glassware, plates, etc. from the hotel. They even provide dishwashing soap. The tvs were flat screen. There are robes and slippers in both rooms too. The only negative (and it was minor) - was the couch and chair, they were worn and need to be replaced. Other than that, I would rent this room again!
The hotel is right across the street from the beach, so very close. The hotel provides beach towels, but you have to rent chairs and umbrellas from the City of Ft. Lauderdale. A little pricey, but worth it, if you are going to use all day.
We visited the pool area on the 6th floor. It is a big pool and there are 2 jacuzzis. Cabanas and plenty chairs are available. You can either face the pool or the ocean with the seats. I was impressed that the pool and jacuzzi areas had lifts for those that are physically challenged and require assistance getting into/out of the pool. Very nice!
We stopped by the gym just to check it out. The gym along with the spa are on the 6th floor as well. The gym was a nice size. You could see out the window and there was plenty of equipment. The spa looked nice and there is an outdoor area to the spa. We didn't take advantage of the spa, but there were some great deals going on since it was Labor Day weekend. I will definitely try it out the next time I visit.
There is a restaurant on the 6th floor, a cafe on the 1st floor (they close at 10 pm and don't serve breakfast after 11 am), and another restaurant Sun, Sand, and Surf on the 1st floor (I love this place). Room Service is available 24 hours too (didn't try it though).
Check out was easy as well. The hotel doesn't provide the paper statements under the door, so you can check the menu on the TV or just stop by the front desk. When I left that Monday morning, the night manager on duty (I think her name is Tonya - I can't remember, but she was great!!!)assisted me with settling the bill and confirming my airport pickup with A1. Even though it was early in the morning, she was very pleasant and made sure I was comfortable while I was waiting for the airport service. The hotel has a contract with A1 Limo Service (Andrew is the owner and was my driver). The ride to the airport is less than 15 minutes and costs $35. There is a taxi stand across the street as well; however, you must tell them to take you directly to the airport or they will try to take you a scenic route for more money.
Overall, the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort added to our Girls Weekend and made it more fabulous!! Thank you Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort!! I'll be back.

Room Tip: Select a high floor if possible. I stayed in room 2502 and was spoiled!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank amannva
Thank you for taking time to post a review; I am pleased that your 'Girls Weekend' was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable! I will share your comments with our entire team, and ensure that the individual Team Members mentioned receive the recognition they deserve. I'm also pleased you were able to enjoy our pool area and our dining venues. We look forward to your return in the near future. Regards,
Dublin, OH, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Very relaxing, great service, spa was wonderful. Great location, I would highly suggest this hotel for a couples get a way. My wife and I traveled down for a couples get a away and barley left the hotel. The onsite food, pool and rooms were expectational you would not have to leave unless you wanted to explore the city.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

How nice to read, 'Great, Great, Great'; thank you for the review and comments about your recent stay. I am glad you were able to enjoy our Resort and our dining options, and pleased to read that your accommodations were exceptional. Thank you for the review! We hope to see you back soon.
Philadelphia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Check in was not ready, it was 4pm and This room was getting shabby, several things did not work, sink stopper, lamp, noisy, stains on the sink, overall it was not up to the usual quality of a Hilton Hotel

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay; I apologize for the delay at check-in and the issues with your room. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly. At your convenience, I can be reached at 954-414-2602. Sincerely,