“Still Excellent”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Bad news - exorbitant valet-only parking. I like to pay less, and I like to park myself. This is not an added value for me.

Good news - the staff are wonderful. The rooms are fantastic - clean, modern, and well-appointed. We had a king junior suite on the 24th floor almost completely at the back of the hotel, yet still had a beautiful view to the north and the beach. We were given complimentary wifi for being HHonors members on a second stay (very much appreciated), and two coffees at the adjacent coffee shop. We also had an empty fridge, rather than a minibar (perfect), a coffee maker, and a little kitchenette in the living room area. This makes the room great for an extended stay with kids. The property is obviously being kept clean and modern, and the voice over in the elevator is downright sultry.

Room Tip: High floor = better floor.
1  Thank BuffaloPundit
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

We are pleased that our entire team provided you with the kind of service you should expect from the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I was also pleased to read that you found your accommodations clean and comfortable, and that you were provided with wifi as a valued Hilton Honors member. We try to keep our valet parking fees competitive with this area, but will certainly discuss your concerns with our team for further review. We hope you can return soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We absolutely love the Hilton Ft-Lauderdale Beach Resort, the staff is wonderful, the pool and cabanas are great the gym clean, the beds are comfortable the rooms are clean, the resort is place in a great location wallking distance to boutiques and restaurants. We always have a great experience

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Penny P

We are pleased that you 'love' our Resort! Thank you for the kind comments about your recent stay, and for your loyalty to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. We hope to see you back soon. Regards,

Reviewed 17 November 2013

My family and I decided to stay at this Hilton based upon its positive trip advisor reviews and the fact that it offered a pre-cruise package that was suppose to include transportation to Port Everglades. Up to the point of check out this was a wonderful stay. We first arrived late from the airport and were warmly greater by friendly and courteous staff. A nice surprise was to find that our room had been upgraded to one of the suites. The room was very clean and had a great layout and excellent view and our check in process was flawless (Greg on the front desk was fantastic to work with). We had a wonderful nights sleep and then a good breakfast which was included in our package as well. The problem came during checkout when I wanted to confirm my transportation to the port. The staff at the front desk and the concierge desk both said that they had never heard of transportation being included with this Hilton and I would have to book my own private ride. I explained that I had prebooked it the night before with the front desk and he seemed to know about it. I took about 10-15 minutes before they finally found that yes I had booked it and that it would be arriving shortly. The van did arrive a few minutes later and took us to the port when SURPRISE the driver said that I needed to pay him because the Hilton had not. It wasn't expensive (only $9 per person) and I didn't want to argue too much because our vacation was just starting so I paid the guys but I was very disappointed by the fact that there was such a breakdown in communication at the hotel. When I got home I confirmed that yes transportation to Port Everglades was to be included. Better luck next time I guess.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank JandS-SherwoodP

Thank you for taking time to post a review; we appreciate your comments and pleased to read that you enjoyed our Resort. I will ensure that Greg receives the recogntion he deserves, and will share your feedback with our entire team. My apologies on the miscommunication with your transporatation needs. We hope we have a chance to host your stay in the near future. If I can assist with reservations, please feel free to reach out directly to 954-414-2602. Sincerely, Andreas

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel is right on the beach, in a quieter bit of the Fort Lauderdale beach area - so not quite so popular with teenagers - great for us! We stayed in an ocean front King suite, and were absolutely delighted with it. Large, airy and with a terrific wrap- around balcony, it had everything you could possibly want - including a large en-suite with a romantic sunken spa bath next to the window - perfect for sipping champagne and gazing at the stars.... The service in the hotel was excellent and the breakfast good - we had continental breakfast each morning, and we thought it good value for money. We are already planning our next trip here.

Room Tip: There is a lovely pool area on the 6th floor , which occasionally gets a bit noisy- so probably best...
3  Thank Fiona605

Thank you for the great review; we are pleased your Resort experience was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable! We look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Service great, location amazing, restaurants great, S3 provided me with one of the best meals I have ever had. I booked an Ocean view suite and certainly no complaints there, but to international standards the Hotel is quite tired and needs a refurb. The child like application of white paint, or as I referred to my wife as "it looks like Tipex" to the Floor buttons in the lift epitomises the overall appearance of this property. If you can overlook the slightly aged appearance, then it we'll worth a stay.

1  Thank Nic L

We appreciate your candid comments about your recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed our Resort location, and that our team provided personalized service. We are in the process of finishing our room renovations, and apologize if your accommodations were not yet complete. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly. At your convenience, I can be reached at 954-414-2602. Thank you.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We arrived very early from the hilton Miami airport, being rather jet lagged at about 9am. I had emailed some time before to ask them if we could leave our luggage at the hotel while our room was ready.

To our surprise, not only had we received a stunning upgrade, but we're told our room was ready to use.

All of the staff here are friendly. They engage you in conversation whenever they can, without being too obtrusive. The hotel itself, is rather wonderful, the location, well, you could virtually trip out of reception and fall onto to beach. Shopping area is a 15 minute lazy walk away.

If/when we return to Fort Lauderdale, this will be our hotel of choice.

Thanks again Hilton. You made our short visit memorable.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TerryOB

Thank you for the review and recommendation; we are pleased you enjoyed your Resort experience, and that we were able to check you in early and offer the upgraded accommodations! We hope to see you back soon. Regards,

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed at the Hilton ocean front resort from Nov. 30 until Oct. 3rd. This was our first hotel of three vacation destinations we stayed at on this family vacation. I can say hands down all 7 of us agree this was the best of the three. From check in to check out it was top notch. The girl who checked us in was superb I wish I could remember her name! Our flight came in at 9 am so we where very early, but one of our two rooms was already waiting for us. We had requested a few things for our room and she made sure they were there. The pool service is first class. They help you find a chair and put a chair cover over it in addition to giving you a towel. The next morning I went to Starbucks for a latte ( my own special way) and the supervisor was there and made it perfectly. The maid service was excellent. Every day when we returned to our room from our "tourist activities" the room was cleaned and refreshed with the beds turned down, This is in addition to the daily maid service every morning. We can not wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AmyMaxwell R
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

We are pleased to read that our Resort won, hands down, as your favorite hotel of your three destination vacation! I will share your comments with our entire team, and we certainly hope that you can return in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Sincerely, Andreas