“Anniversary getaway”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Aurora
“Anniversary getaway”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort! I checked on Tripadvisor before our visit to see what other travelers had to say. All the comments were very positive and the Hotel General Manager, Andreas Ioannou, took the time to respond to the comments. We thought that was a nice touch - something you don't see everyday. The staff was extremely courteous and welcoming, room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable! We were greeted by Tamas Vago and Kristen and they both made sure all our needs were met and that we were pleased with everything and offered suggestions for activities and dining. Thank you for a very memorable celebration!

Room Tip: Corner suites have two balconies. Beautiful beach views! The suites are worth the extra money!
1 Thank D M
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
We are pleased that you chose our Resort for your celebration getaway; and thank you for very much for the kind comments. It is my pleasure to respond to our guest reviews; and I will share your comments with our entire team. I will also ensure that Kristen and Tamas receive the recognition they deserve for extending personalized service during your stay. I hope you can return soon. Thank you, Andreas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,180)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Suffolk
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Checked in very late as our flight was delayed and reservation was as booked, directly with Hilton. Very kind and friendly staff, a really great room - side sea view. The bathroom was huge, with a jetted tub, separate shower and loads of towels. The bedroom area comes next with a big and very comfortable king bed, TV and good quality pillows. From here you walk into the sitting and kitchen area and out onto the big, furnished terrace. Everything in the suite was of high quality, all new and of course, spotlessly clean. The housekeepers do a fantastic job. We asked for an extra comforter for the king bed as we tend to rob each other of the covers during the night, and it was delivered within 10 minutes despite it being after 2am. Great service!

The property is right on the beach with an area with beds and parasols. There is an extra charge (about $40 per day for two beds and an umbrella) but the staff down there are great and towels are provided at no charge.

The Sun, Sea, Sand restaurant on the property is really excellent - great food, views out to sea, wonderful staff. They have an evening menu of American Tapas which is superb quality. Check out the belly pork and the gourmet mac and cheese... you won't go home hungry but maybe a pound or two heavier.

There is a coffee shop which was great for a beachside panini or iced coffee - it is expensive though. There's a CVS a 10 minute walk away for all provisions including liquor and it was much cheaper and well worth the walk.

The pool area is lovely - great bar and attentive staff, but it does get busy on weekends - we preferred the beach despite the extra charges for beds etc.

We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Pay more for the suites - it's a small extra fee but the space is worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tryanythingonce
Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent stay; we are pleased you enjoyed your stay, and our new restaurant, S3. We hope you have the chance to return soon, and if I can assist with future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at 954-414-2602. Andreas
Chester, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The hotel staff was very attentive to our needs and provided an upgrade to a ocean front suite as well as providing a few extras for our celebrating of our 25th wedding anniversary. This is a place you hold close as a "treat" and is within walking distance of great restaurants, the beach as well as relaxing open "air bars...

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank John C
Thank you for choosing our Resort for your 25th Wedding Anniversary celebration; we are pleased that your experience was enjoyable and memorable, and hope you will return again and again! Regards,
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Bad news - exorbitant valet-only parking. I like to pay less, and I like to park myself. This is not an added value for me.

Good news - the staff are wonderful. The rooms are fantastic - clean, modern, and well-appointed. We had a king junior suite on the 24th floor almost completely at the back of the hotel, yet still had a beautiful view to the north and the beach. We were given complimentary wifi for being HHonors members on a second stay (very much appreciated), and two coffees at the adjacent coffee shop. We also had an empty fridge, rather than a minibar (perfect), a coffee maker, and a little kitchenette in the living room area. This makes the room great for an extended stay with kids. The property is obviously being kept clean and modern, and the voice over in the elevator is downright sultry.

Room Tip: High floor = better floor.
1 Thank BuffaloPundit
We are pleased that our entire team provided you with the kind of service you should expect from the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I was also pleased to read that you found your accommodations clean and comfortable, and that you were provided with wifi as a valued Hilton Honors member. We try to keep our valet parking fees competitive with this area, but will certainly discuss your concerns with our team for further review. We hope you can return soon. Thank you.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We absolutely love the Hilton Ft-Lauderdale Beach Resort, the staff is wonderful, the pool and cabanas are great the gym clean, the beds are comfortable the rooms are clean, the resort is place in a great location wallking distance to boutiques and restaurants. We always have a great experience

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Penny P
We are pleased that you 'love' our Resort! Thank you for the kind comments about your recent stay, and for your loyalty to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. We hope to see you back soon. Regards,
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

My family and I decided to stay at this Hilton based upon its positive trip advisor reviews and the fact that it offered a pre-cruise package that was suppose to include transportation to Port Everglades. Up to the point of check out this was a wonderful stay. We first arrived late from the airport and were warmly greater by friendly and courteous staff. A nice surprise was to find that our room had been upgraded to one of the suites. The room was very clean and had a great layout and excellent view and our check in process was flawless (Greg on the front desk was fantastic to work with). We had a wonderful nights sleep and then a good breakfast which was included in our package as well. The problem came during checkout when I wanted to confirm my transportation to the port. The staff at the front desk and the concierge desk both said that they had never heard of transportation being included with this Hilton and I would have to book my own private ride. I explained that I had prebooked it the night before with the front desk and he seemed to know about it. I took about 10-15 minutes before they finally found that yes I had booked it and that it would be arriving shortly. The van did arrive a few minutes later and took us to the port when SURPRISE the driver said that I needed to pay him because the Hilton had not. It wasn't expensive (only $9 per person) and I didn't want to argue too much because our vacation was just starting so I paid the guys but I was very disappointed by the fact that there was such a breakdown in communication at the hotel. When I got home I confirmed that yes transportation to Port Everglades was to be included. Better luck next time I guess.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank JandS-SherwoodP
Thank you for taking time to post a review; we appreciate your comments and pleased to read that you enjoyed our Resort. I will ensure that Greg receives the recogntion he deserves, and will share your feedback with our entire team. My apologies on the miscommunication with your transporatation needs. We hope we have a chance to host your stay in the near future. If I can assist with reservations, please feel free to reach out directly to 954-414-2602. Sincerely, Andreas
Glasgow
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel is right on the beach, in a quieter bit of the Fort Lauderdale beach area - so not quite so popular with teenagers - great for us! We stayed in an ocean front King suite, and were absolutely delighted with it. Large, airy and with a terrific wrap- around balcony, it had everything you could possibly want - including a large en-suite with a romantic sunken spa bath next to the window - perfect for sipping champagne and gazing at the stars.... The service in the hotel was excellent and the breakfast good - we had continental breakfast each morning, and we thought it good value for money. We are already planning our next trip here.

Room Tip: There is a lovely pool area on the 6th floor , which occasionally gets a bit noisy- so probably best...
3 Thank Fiona605
Thank you for the great review; we are pleased your Resort experience was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable! We look forward to your return in the near future.