“Well refurbished”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

I'm impressed by this hotel nicd hilton on the nice ft lauderdale beachfront. The placs has been recently renovated and smells nicely something not common in south florida where also some prestigious hotels have that musty smell. Staff very friendly and helpful. Clean. Nice fitness room well equipped. Food at breackfast fresh and plentiful... but expensive... 30 usd for a buffet is kindq crazy... eat out there's plenty of places around.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for posting a review; we are pleased that your entire Resort experience was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable, and that our team provided personalized service during your stay. We hope you can return soon. Regards,

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Beautiful room with a beautiful beach right across the street. The food was delicious. We enjoyed the pool even though there was brown stuff on the bottom of the pool. All the employees were friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Karen M

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and your dining experience, and I'm happy to read that our team provided friendly and helpful service. Thank you for taking time to post a review.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Just got back from a long weekend at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Generally a nice place but has definite pros and cons. Pros - Great location directly across A!A from the beach in the heart of Fort Lauderdale Beach. Many restaurants and bars within walking distance. The pool on the 6th floor is very nice and overlooks the beach and ocean. The staff is well trained and friendly as is typical for Hilton. While our room was quite small it was well appointed and had a nice view of the inter-coastal. I do not think there is a bad view in the hotel
Cons - When we checked in we asked if a room upgrade was available and were told there were plenty of rooms available and they started quoting prices. I told them I was inquiring about a complimentary upgrade as I am Hilton Honors Silver but was told "Sorry". Not a big deal but as my wife and I were unpacking out bags we had the TV on and a commercial came on for Hilton Honors where they touted one of the benefits as room upgrades. Ha! The hotel is under served by elevators and there is a lot of in and out due to cruise passengers staying a day or two before or after cruises. .Had to wait for elevators primarily during the day. Parking is valet only and is $33.00 per night. It can be congested when dropping or picking up a car as valet gets backed up My wife and I went down to the beach for an hour one morning and started to sit down on the beach chairs and we were told the two chairs and umbrella would be $44.00 for the day. They explained it was not the hotel but controlled by the City of Fort Lauderdale. We were only planning to stay an hour as we had plans so we left the beach. Out of curiosity I inquired at the Weston down the beach and they said chairs and umbrellas were complimentary for guests. They had an arrangement with the city. If you plan to stay at the Hilton and use the beach, factor the parking costs and chair/umbrella costs into your equation. At the pool the chairs with the best view of the ocean are in most demand as one would expect. On Sunday, about one third of those chairs were reserved for guest renting cabanas.
Not sure of this is a pro or con but we requested a late checkout and they offered noon rather than 11:00. They offered a 2:00 check out for an additional $75.00. My wife let them know we felt nickeled and dimed at every turn and they looked again into the computer and determined they were able to accommodate us until 2:00 after all. Generally a nice resort and we enjoyed our stay but likely to try another resort next time to see if we can get a better overall experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Billyray312
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent stay. I am pleased that, in general, you enjoyed your stay, but apologize that you didn't have a more positive experience at our Resort. We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton as an Honors member, and do our best to accommodate all requests when available. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly. At your convenience I can be reached at 954-414-2602. Respectfully, Andreas.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed here for a couple days and thought it was a pretty nice resort. The view from our room's balcony was very nice. There was also a separate sitting area in our 1 room junior suite. For a 4 star Hilton we would have expected the beds to be much more comfortable. We did not sleep well and would not return here for that reason alone.

The pool area was nice on the 6th floor and was very relaxing. You can lounge right up on the glass end overlooking the ocean. Didn't like: that they closed the pool deck on the 2nd day of our stay mid-day because it was too windy they said. Yes by the pool, but there was no wind by the pool deck glass overlooking the ocean. Lots of people with kids were unhappy about this impromptu closure.

The breakfast in the restaurant was very good with lot's of choices. Also a cafe with a Starbucks element downstairs was convenient too.

Room Tip: The whole hotel is nonsmoking.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your candid comments about your recent stay; we are pleased you were able to enjoy the 6th floor Sunrise Terrace pool area. Occasionally the weather and wind conditions affect our outdoor area, and for the safety and security of all our guests, we have to make a judgement call on closure. I apologize that you did not rest well during this stay, but hope you will give us another chance to provide a more satisfactory Resort experience. If I can assist with future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at 954-414-2602. Sincerely, Andreas.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have been a diamond member with Hilton for years.We stopped by for a drink this afternoon.What a great experience we had! Went up to Ilios bar. The best bartender in Fort Lauderdale is Ryan Rauert!! We will be back!! Great Job.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Panthers22
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for the review, and your loyalty to Hilton! I am pleased that Ryan took great care of you while enjoying our ilios Restaurant/Bar, and will ensure he receives the recognition he deserves!
We look forward to hosting your stay again in the near future. Regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is our second stay at the Beach Resort; first time it was before a cruise and we decided this time to skip the cruise and stay at the hotel! We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite, which I would recommend to book due to space and comfort. The hotel is the right amount of walking distance to many attractions, the Bonnett House, beach bars, water taxis, and of course the beach. We particularrly liked their new beach side restaurant and open air bar - Sun Surf Sand. The attentive staff made our stay exceptional.

Room Tip: Away from elevator, one bedrooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank albert h

We are pleased to read that your Resort experience was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable; and that our team provided you with the kind of service you should expect from the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I am also pleased you had a chance to dine and S3! Thank you for the review; we hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed here for a company meeting, and stayed on afterwards to enjoy the beach. The pool area is great with beautiful beach views, and the restaunrants and bars are better than the typical hotel restaurant! Tamas the Operations Director was excellent - provided me with detailed directions to some yoga places I was interested in checking out and was very helpful during my stay. I have stayed here twice and would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank EHPrez

We are pleased you enjoyed your meeting and your leisure time at our Resort; I will ensure that Tamas receives the recognition he deserves for extending special service during your stay. I thank you for taking time to post a review, and for your loyalty to our Resort. We hope to see you back soon! Regards,