“Great Beach, Great Service”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Michigan
“Great Beach, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

This will be the 2nd time in as many years for us to stay at this resort. Last year we gave it rave reviews. This year we too a better look. The service and staff are top notch. The new restaurant is a refreshing change for the typical beach restaurants in this area. Very nice.

Room was clean, linens very nice, pillows are flat and hard. We asked for foam and that helped.

The bathroom is nice, large and accommodating, but it needs updating. Counter top needs replacing, shower stall needs regrouting and shower door leaks because of broken plastic trim around door.

The small kitchen was fine but needed some repair on the stove top and fridge was on its last leg. Also, with the view provided it would be nice if the glass window wall had been cleaned along with the glass railing outside.

None of the above will prevent us from a return visit next year, but it would be nice if some attention was given to these issues.

This is not a new hotel, but it is taken care of very nicely, although it does show it's age on the exterior doors going into the 6th floor restaurant, the broken wind protectors for outside dining, dirty floor tiles on the outside south side sunning deck on the pool floor.

Terry & Sue Clark
Room2403
2-18 thru 2-25-2014

Room Tip: Better views and sun shine on the south side. higher floors, nicer view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for the review; we are pleased you returned for a second stay. It appears that you enjoyed our Oceanfront location, and that our team provided you with friendly and helpful service. I have reviewed your comments with our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams; I apologize that some areas of your room were not up to standard. Guest feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the details. We hope you will return in the future, and if I can assist with future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at 954-414-2602. Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,153)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

We have stayed at the Hilton before and after cruises on many occasions. They have great one bedroom suites with great views of the ocean and intercostal water way. Michelle at the front deck was very helpful. She went out of the way to make our stay special.
We really enjoy the food at the Le Marche gourmet market. It is convenient to bring back to the room and eat while enjoying the views.
Every time we return John the bell captain greets us with a smile and Vicki the concierge asks us how she can help. They truly make this feel like we are like family. This is our go to place to get away from cold winters in Michigan.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
We appreciate the review about your recent stay; I am pleased that your Resort experience, once again, was enjoyable and memorable. I am also happy to read that our team provided you with the kind of service you should expect from our Resort; I will ensure that Michelle, John, and Vicki receive the recognition they deserve. Thank you for making the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort your home away from homen when traveling to the Fort Lauderdale area. Regards,
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Upon our arrival at 2:45 we were told the room was not ready with no estimation of when we could check in. So we had to leave our bags which cost us some gratuity money. We had hoped to get some afternoon beach and pool time but with nowhere to change into swimsuits we decided to have a drink at the bar. We ordered some appetizers, one came out and was finished before the second dish arrived. Service was very slow and the food was not worth the wait or price. We were notified our room was ready and was checked in around 4 p.m. We were given two $20 breakfast vouchers because of the late check-in which does not make up for not having the room ready on time. The overall cleanliness was lacking, there were hand prints around the doorways, and the sliding doors were not clean. It was not until later on that we noticed some of the pillowcases were dirty. Also we were unable to get espn channel to watch a game so we went to the bar. I went to the front desk and they sent a tech to the room, but we were already disappointed. I asked if there were any room upgrades available and that I was willing to pay the extra money. They said there was nothing available and gave me 3 $20 coupons for dinner. Since we already had dinner plans elsewhere that was not much help. I will say that we were allowed to extend our check-out time until noon. Also upon leaving, the front desk person exchanged our unused breakfast vouchers for lunch which was nice. Overall a disappointing Hilton experience, and I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Howard G
Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor; we appreciate all guest feedback, and will certainly share your comments with our entire team. I'm very sorry that your Resort experience was dissapointing; cleanliness and personalized service are of upmost importance to us, and I have reviewed the issues described with our Housekeeping department for further follow-up. At your convenience, I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly. I can be reached at 954-414-2602. John
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

The hotel is clean, well-located and staffed with friendly personnel. However, the inflexible check-out policy of 11:00 a.m. makes for an unpleasant experience. Understandably when hotel is full, late check-out cannot be given everyone. But some rooms must be cleaned last and 11:00 is very early to depart.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank 907judithc
Thank you for your candid comments about your recent stay. I am pleased that your accommodations were clean and comfortable, and that our team provided friendly service. I apologize for any issues surrounding your check-out, and would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly. At your convenience, I can be reached at 954-414-2602. John
Dawsonville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is a very good hotel and the location is perfect. You will not be disappointed. Far enough from the nightspots yet close enough to walk to the festivities . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for the review; we appreciate your comments, and pleased to read that you enjoyed our Resort and the location. We hope you can return soon.
Owings, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Just spent 3 days at Hilton Ft Lauderdale Resort to celebrate my birthday. Beautiful hotel. Roof top pool, beach right across the street. Great location, just down the street from the main section of Ft Lauderdale Beach. So close enough for night life, shopping, eating or just walking but far enough away from the spring break crowd if you happen to go this time of the year. Extremely friendly staff. Rooms are large, bathroom very upscale. Kitchenette in room. I would defiantly recommend this hotel for any occasion. I'll be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
We are pleased you chose our Resort for your special birthday celebration, and even more pleased that your entire experience was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable. I thank you for the recommendation, and hope you can return soon! Regards,
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort at the end of February for one night before a cruise. I had arranged pick-up from Miami airport through the hotel. There were several problems with the pick-up such that I felt it necessary to complain to the concierge, Vicki Brandt, who had arranged the transportation for me using Hilton's preferred car service provider.

I was really impressed by the reaction of the hotel to the complaint. Vicki tried to find me in the restaurant to buy me breakfast for the inconvenience but unfortunately I had gone out already while waiting check-in for my room. When I returned still in early morning, she made special efforts to contact house-keeping to check on progress with preparation of my room. She also reported the complaint to management of the hotel. Imagine my surprise when later in the afternoon, I stopped by the cafe on site to buy a cookie and ran into Mr. Vago, the Director of Operations and the principal of the car service company who as luck would have it, were having coffee to discuss my complaint. I was astounded by the actions they took to address my complaints about the pick-up arrangements - while there was clearly a problem and i was unhappy with the service, the two of them took such rapid, decisive and in my view, disproportionately generous action to address my complaint that I was extremely impressed by how the situation was handled. This certainly did much to restore my faith in the hotel, which I have stayed at several times in the past. There is always a risk of problems now and then but how the hotel and its car service provider reacted to address the problem demonstrated tremendous commitment to the happiness and satisfaction of the customer. I can't thank Vicki enough for taking my issues to management and pushing to have the matter addressed and quickly. This is especially impressive as she is the only concierge and therefore had to make time for this while dealing with all of the other requests of the hotel's guests.

Moving beyond service to the physical, the hotel has a wonderful location right on Fort Lauderdale Beach. I was fortunate to be upgraded to a junior king one bedroom with a balcony that looks out to the ocean on the right and the intracoastal waterway to the left - can't beat that kind of view.

The accommodations are very functional and the room size large. There is a kitchenette with a microwave oven, a two burner stovetop and a fridge and sink. The set-up is particularly useful for families with children and so there are quite a few families who stay at the hotel.

I had breakfast in the hotel restaurant on the second floor. I have been there many times and noted that the same staff are there year to year, which I take to be a good sign of a good restaurant where the staff are happy. There is also a new restaurant on the ground floor that is tapas style. I did not get a chance to try it but Vicki the concierge assured me it is very good and popular with the younger crowd.

All in all, a good return to my favorite hotel in Fort Lauderdale. They tell me there is a new sister hotel - a Conrad - opening up just on the next block down on the beach. It will be tough to decide next trip whether to stay with the tried and true and reliable, or to venture to try the new higher end Conrad.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
We appreciate your comments about your recent stay and thank you for your loyalty to Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. It appears that your accommodations were clean and comfortable, and that our team was able to assist with the transporation issues. My apologies for the problem; I am pleased that Tamas and Vicki were able to jump in to acknowledge and resolve. I look forward to your return in the near future. If I can assist with future reservations, please feel free to reach out directly to 954-414-2602. Regards,