“Some of the nicest rooms at a hilton hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“Some of the nicest rooms at a hilton hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have been to this hotel multiple times and am always impressed with the quality of the rooms. Everything is done with quality and class in mind. You have wonderful views of the waterways and great views of the ocean. This is where I go whenever I am in Fort Lauderdale. The staff is also very friends and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for the review, and your loyalty to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I am pleased that you enjoyed your Resort experience, again, and that our team provided you with personalized service. We look forward to see you again soon. John

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,140)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Wall Lake, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

We just spent 4 nights at hilton ft Lauderdale beach resort. This hotel has everything we expected. From moment we pulled in, valet was at our door with smiling faces and very helpful..to concierge, bellboy, front desk staff to maid service, cleanliness was perfect. They really go beyond what they should do to make sure you feel right at home. Being hilton honors members has it perks, so if you aren't one, I'd sign up. From free breakfast to room upgrades, you just can't miss out. A big thank you to Andrew Imhoff for helping us with hand selecting our room. It was as breathtaking as I remembered it from when we visited here back when our kids were younger. Room 1718, has to be prettiest oceanfront room in Ft lauderdale. THANK YOU! We look forward to visiting again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Sharon B
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you very much for the wonderful review; we are pleased your entire Resort experience was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable, and that our team provided you with personalized service! I will share your comments with all, and will recongize Andrew for his special attention. We hope to see you back soon. Regards,
Broadview Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Not my favorite place but I was pleasantly surprised. I attend a committee meeting and spent most of the day locked in a room but the pool deck was nice, food was good, staff seemed attentive.

Hotel was very clean, rooms were pretty big and even though I had a room on the side the view was still great.

Worth a shot if you are in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are pleased you enjoyed your meeting, the 6th Floor Sunrise Pool Terrace, and your accommodations. Thank you for taking time to post a review; we hope you can return in the near future. Regards,
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Just checked in and I am really disappointed in my room. The cabinet in the bathroom is cracked, the carpeting is frayed at the entrance to the bathroom, the paint is chipped by the bed, and worst of all the security door to access the rooms at the end of the hall, that i am in, doesn't work, so their solution is to prop the door open. When I asked for a different room or an upgrade, I was told that they were booked and the only room available was on the 2nd floor and noisy. Not acceptable. I am a Hilton Honors member and I am not happy.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Ron M
Thank you for the comments; I apologize that your accommodations were dissapointing. Understanding you are still at our Resort, we will reach out directly to address the issues described. I look forward to speaking with you directly. My direct number is 954-414-2600. Respectfully, John
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just returned from a weekend in Ft. Lauderdale attending the wedding of my nephew and his beautiful bride. We stayed at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina (worst place ever!) but the wedding reception was at this wonderful hotel - Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort. I have been to MANY receptions for MANY years and this one was perfection itself! The hotel is a beautiful hotel with a great location. Food was served in a timely manner and was absolutely delicious. We started with a salad, fresh, crispy and dressed just right. The main course was chicken (grilled not rubbery!!) with potato and vegetable. The chicken was flavored just right and grilled but still juicy. The nibbles during the cocktail hour were coconut shrimp, mini crab cakes, mini chicken, balsamic onion goat cheese crackers, and spoons filled with macaroni and cheese. I could have eaten an entire tray of each -- they were so tasty. Service was phenomenal. The wait staff were pleasant, attentive and seemed to enjoy their work. Robert took care of our table and was fantastic! The Manager whom I met at the cupcake table (!) was like a maestro conducting his orchestra. I only wish I had gotten his name to give him personal kudos. I have never reviewed a hotel for a reception but could not wait to return home and get to my computer to do so. Brides and Grooms -- if you are looking for a flawless reception, look no further. My nephew and his wife were so pleased and the guests were delighted!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Laurance
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for the great review; we are so pleased that our Catering and Culinary team provided you, and the wedding group, with a spectacular wedding reception and wonderful memories! I will certainly share your comments with the entire department, and ensure that Robert receives recognition as well. We appreciate the recommendation, and hope you can return in the near future. Regards,
New York,NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

After leaving Hilton Ft Lauderdale Airport because of deplorable conditions we showed up here after midnight. I was greeted by Barath the night manager who I had spoken on the phone with . He had all paper work ready and expedited our check in. Told the hotel was sold out the next two nights he assured me everything would be done to accommodate us because of our experience at the other Hilton. Barath could not have been nicer.
The next morning Mr. Tamas Vago(GM) personally came to our room to also apologize on behalf of Hilton.Confirmed our stay for the next two evenings and bought us drinks that evening. True hospitality from a professional.
All staff were attentive and our stay was extremely comfortable after a terrible inconvenience from another Hilton. This property is highly recommended if in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SammyG10
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
We are pleased that our team provided you with personalized service on your move over to Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I will share your kind comments with all departments, and ensure that Barath and Tamas are recognized for their efforts. We hope you will return again in the near future. Thank you for the review, and the recommendation. Regards,
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights prior to taking a long awaited cruise. We picked the Hilton because of the beach access. Let me start with the positive:

Our room (a junior suite) was the size of a very comfortable pied-a-terre in most big cities, being both generously sized and well-appointed (fridge, coffee maker, microwave, lots of cupboards, etc., etc.).

The beach was great and the company running the concession had staff who were exceptionally helpful.

The Q shop on the ground floor had some fabulous deals going. If you`re willing to browse around, you too could`ve picked up a pair of linen slacks for about $15 or a Kenneth Cole jacket for $29. I may have also bought a top ... oh, and some great sunglasses for $25. It doesn`t hurt that the women who run the shop are awesome.

The coffee-food bar on the ground floor has some great options. It`s one of the few places on earth where I can get an almond milk cappuccino without major hassle or without bringing my own almond milk. There are also food options for both the dietary-challenged (fresh salads, fruits, etc.), as well as for the gluten and dairy tolerant (who like a good freshly made pizza).

The restaurant upstairs was also a great place to dine in that the food was exceptionally good. The guacamole is freshly made by your server, and the appies are devastatingly yummy (try the chicken wings! Really, try them!).

There were, however, two negatives, which stop me from giving this place a 5 thumbs up.

First, sea-view in this instance meant mostly staring at the hotel across the way and listening to their incredibly loud air conditioning unit (I assume that`s what the noise was).

Second, there was some incredibly disorganized, slow service going on in the restaurant. At lunch we chalked it up to the fact that the guacamole was freshly made (which the waiter should`ve indicated); however, at dinner, we had to complain a couple of times to get our food and drinks. At one point, my husband was actually heading off to cancel our order, when we spied our food wending its way over. We clocked a 45 minute wait from time of order until the first appetizer appeared. Because the food is soooo good, we stayed and ate like little piglets. However, it was clear that there was some issue going on and the manager on the floor was not super-interested in dealing with it.

All in all, though, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bleurussie
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
We appreciate the comments about your recent stay at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. It appears that the girls in Q Shop made your shopping experience very enjoyable, and I will ensure they receive recognition for their friendly and helpful service. I"m sorry you had a delay in receiving your food order in ilios; I will certainly pass this information along to our Food & Beverage team to see how we can improve timeliness in our service. Should you need assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me direclty at 954-414-2602. Thank you,