“Second time, felt a bit manic” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Second time, felt a bit manic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night during a trip around Florida, but it happened to be a saturday night during Spring Break. The hotel was very busy, with the relatively small lobby area in particular feeling quite manic at times. The room was of a good quality, and overall I think the hotel is good value for the price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GrevsterB
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for the review; I am pleased that you found your accommodations comfortable. I apologize that your Resort experience was not more positive, and I would value the opportunity to speak with you direclty, at your convenience. I can be reached at 954-414-2602. John

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,140)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
midwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Just returned from a week stay at the property and were extremely pleased. The location of the hotel is about 5 or so blocks from Beach place and some of the beach front restaurants - perfect for us as we didn't want to be amongst all of the crowds/spring break people. It was quite congested in that area and we preferred being down a few blocks. We also walked to the north and grabbed some ice cream at Yo Mamas, which was quite good. The customer service at the hotel is definitely some of the best we have ever experienced, including many 5 star hotels. A few minor issues came up and were handled immediately, professionally and always with a smile. We switched rooms midway through the week but both rooms were very well maintained!!! Any request that we did have was always followed up with a phone call making sure we received what we needed. Every staff member we encountered was always very helpful, anywhere from check in(Greg & Michelle) to the awesome pool guys. John and Tomas were also instrumental in changing our rooms and were super accommodating! I did read some reviews about slow elevators and can honestly say after 8 days, we never waited more than a few minutes for one and used them quite often throughout the day. We also got pool chairs when we went down and were quite pleased to see the pool staff tell one customer, (who seemed to think he was entitled to the same spot all week even though he left for over 2 hours) that they moved his stuff since he had been gone for so long. Lastly, some people indicated that they felt the staff was waiting around for a tip - never did we get that feeling (and we also took up our own luggage) and we got the same level of service as everyone else, regardless if they tipped or not. Kind of a long review but just wanted to give a thorough overview of our wonderful stay - we will definitely be back!!

Stayed March 2014
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
I am pleased that your Resort experience was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable; and that our team provided you with helpful and friendly service. I will ensure that Greg, Michelle, John and Tamas receive the recogniton they deserve for going above and beyond. Thank you for the review; we hope to see you back soon!
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Look, the bottom line with this hotel is that there is no other hotel in Fort Lauderdale that will provide you with a better service, than the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort. From the valet to the Director of Operations, everyone truly cares about you. For me as now a Semi Professional Advisor, this is the first thing that I look at. But something you need to know about me having invested in a lot of hotel properties myself, is that I am all about the "little things". But then again I think that every traveler should be drawn by a hotel that cherishes the little things.

The first thing that I loved was that every staff member seemed like they loved there job. Valet would greet you with a smile, and ask you how your day was. But in general I believe that valet here needs to be truly evaluated. The price for valet a day is around 40 dollars. So just know that if you rent a car and want anywhere to park, it will cost you more to do valet then rent the entire car. Now that would be fine if there was alternative options to parking, BUT THERE IS NOT. Also in talking with people, it seems that the hotel only charges people 20 dollars for valet if they have some sort of complaint. Maybe they should just charge everyone 20 dollars (Just a suggestion).

Breakfast received a poor rating from me, because it is very over priced. The buffet is really the only thing on the menu, and it is 27.00 dollars. Folks, I have stayed at Hampton's with a better breakfast option. Furthermore, my room wasn't ready when I arrived so the hotel gave me 40 dollars worth of vouchers (Good for any of there restaurants). But they are actually more of a hassle because the restaurant Ilio's, doesn't actually have a way to take off the money. So they try to get it as close as they can but you never actually get the money off exactly, and it TAKES FOREVER.

Overall, this hotel is very good because of the wonderful service and location. It only needs to work on the little things that truly make guests happy.

Room Tip: Really try to get a room that is on the 20th floor or higher. Fort Lauderdale can be a naturally noi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ben J
Thank you for the review; I am pleased that our team provided you with the kind of service you should expect from the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. We aim to make every guest feel cared for, and it appears that our team did just that. I will share your comments about breakfast with our Food & Beverage team for review and discussion; we value all guest feedback and use this information to train, and better serve our guests. We hope you can return again soon. Regards,
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights the last week of March. Since our flight arrived early and I'm a Hilton Honors Member I hoped we could check in early. Unfortunately our room wasn't ready and we were told they would call us. It took hours. The front desk clerk didn't advise us that we would've been allowed access to the pool area & the whole hotel grounds. Sure wish we knew this...we had to wander around the closed Mall for an hour . The first two days were so windy and cool that we weren't able to stand it on the beach or pool. We were on the 14th floor which enabled us to see the ocean. The room was clean and spacious with a beautiful large bathroom and very luxurious bedding. We had a partial view of the ocean with a small balcony. However the other partial view was of the rooftops of some very old hotels next door that were very ugly. They have a very nice patio with fire pits and great restaurant & bar along the main road across from beach. I accidentally left my iPad on a table in the lounge while waiting for our room to be cleaned and realized it after checking in. I was very pleased that an honest person found it and turned it into security. Whew!!! The elevators are probably the slowest and most crowded that I've ever experienced. You need to call ahead for valet to get your car or you'll wait a long time...it's very chaotic with people coming & going!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the review about your recent stay; I am pleased to read that you found your room comfortable and clean, and that you were able to enjoy our new restuarant, S3. I apologize for the delay at check-in time; our team aims to have all rooms available for our 3pm check-in, and I'm sorry you weren't given direction to enjoy the 6th floor pool area while you waiting. We hope you can return in the future. Should you need assistance with reservations, please feel free to reach out directly to 954-414-2602. Regards,
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have been to this hotel multiple times and am always impressed with the quality of the rooms. Everything is done with quality and class in mind. You have wonderful views of the waterways and great views of the ocean. This is where I go whenever I am in Fort Lauderdale. The staff is also very friends and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for the review, and your loyalty to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I am pleased that you enjoyed your Resort experience, again, and that our team provided you with personalized service. We look forward to see you again soon. John
Wall Lake, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

We just spent 4 nights at hilton ft Lauderdale beach resort. This hotel has everything we expected. From moment we pulled in, valet was at our door with smiling faces and very helpful..to concierge, bellboy, front desk staff to maid service, cleanliness was perfect. They really go beyond what they should do to make sure you feel right at home. Being hilton honors members has it perks, so if you aren't one, I'd sign up. From free breakfast to room upgrades, you just can't miss out. A big thank you to Andrew Imhoff for helping us with hand selecting our room. It was as breathtaking as I remembered it from when we visited here back when our kids were younger. Room 1718, has to be prettiest oceanfront room in Ft lauderdale. THANK YOU! We look forward to visiting again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Sharon B
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you very much for the wonderful review; we are pleased your entire Resort experience was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable, and that our team provided you with personalized service! I will share your comments with all, and will recongize Andrew for his special attention. We hope to see you back soon. Regards,
Broadview Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Not my favorite place but I was pleasantly surprised. I attend a committee meeting and spent most of the day locked in a room but the pool deck was nice, food was good, staff seemed attentive.

Hotel was very clean, rooms were pretty big and even though I had a room on the side the view was still great.

Worth a shot if you are in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are pleased you enjoyed your meeting, the 6th Floor Sunrise Pool Terrace, and your accommodations. Thank you for taking time to post a review; we hope you can return in the near future. Regards,