“Florida Trip -- Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Stay - AWESOME!!!”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Clear Spring, MD
“Florida Trip -- Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Stay - AWESOME!!!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have stayed at over 600 different hotels in my line of work and during my many vacations with my family, and I can say hands down, up to this point, this Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach is by far the nicest hotel that I/we have stayed. The location is awesome. It is only a walk across the street (30 seconds) to the beach. The beach was great. I didn't expect the water to be as nice and warm as it was (during mid-april). My son, sister-n-law and I stayed in the water for over 2 hours. The hotels pool was on the 6th floor over looking the beach - very nice. I liked the palm trees up around the pool area. The wait staff at the pool were fast. If you wanted anything, they got it for you right away. The breakfast area (just inside from the pool) was top notch. I really liked the smoked salmon they had. The room had a great view of the beach. We even enjoyed / view from our room, a lightning storm over the ocean one night. Was just like the forth of July. The bathroom was to die for according to my wife and sister-n-law. The shower was really nice. The hotel staff all around were the best. When I was inquiring about breakfast time the night before I left, I found out the restaurant would not be open before I had to leave to the airport, so the hotel manager, gave me 4 x $10 vouchers to be used at the Starbucks, so my family all bough something for us to take with us in the morning. This was something they did not have to do for us, but because they did, I am thankful. This is the first review that I have ever posted on Trip Advisor, so if anyone wants to know more about this hotel, please feel free to contact me. I have no doubt, the next time I stay in Ft. Lauderdale, I will be staying at the Hilton Ft. L Beach.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review about your recent stay. It appears that your entire Resort experience was enjoyable and memorable, and I'm so pleased that you were provided with the kind of service you should expect from Hilton, but more importantly, from our Resort. You have certainly done a lot of traveling, and we couldn't be happier to be placed at the top of this list. I will share your comments with our entire team, and we hope you can return in the near future. Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,180)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We just returned from a lovely stay at this hotel. We had a great suite with an awesome sea view. The staff members were delightful, the room was quiet and services well. It had a full kitchen.

We had a wonderful breakfast each morning, enjoying the nice variety of the buffet. A special 'thank you' to the gentleman who is a master at preparing omlets! He did such a nice job each day, and remembered us daily - even our omlet choices. He was friendly, and always smiling. A special thank you.

The beach is right across the street. And there are towels available on the beach for Hilton guests so you don't have to take one from the hotel.

My only comment for improvement is around the breakfast restaurant (Ilios). There was quite the wait each morning. Perhaps there could be more tables placed outside to reduce the amount of time guests are required to wait for breakfast. We were on vacation so it was fine. Had we had a schedule to keep, we may have struggled.

Had a great time and look forward to returning again.

Room Tip: Be sure to take a room with an ocean view. It is spectacular.
2 Thank ANF1111
Thank you for the review; we greatly appreciate all guest feedback, and will certainly share with our entire team. It appears that you enjoyed your breakfast each moring, and I'm pleased that our 'Omelet man' provided you with personalized service, besides a tasty omelet! I will recognize him for his efforts. We look forward to your return in the very near future. Regards,
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I spent 6 days / 5 nights here. Everyone was exceptionally nice, courteous, helpful and professional in keeping with the Hilton Brand. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The 2 Queen Bed Oceanview Studio/652 Sq.Ft./Balcony was just right for the two of us. Our house keeper did a good job servicing the studio room: it was kept clean and tidy with a very nice view of the ocean from the balcony. The telephone receiver, cradle and keypad, however, need a bit more attention.

I had some doubts about staying here based on previous customer reviews but decided to take a chance after making a few phone calls to the hotel. I was glad that I did: our visit was totally positive.

Employees at this location worked hard and were always personable and pleasant toward guests. Management has developed what might be called an “A team culture” committed to providing the full services of a beach resort, while staying focused on meeting all of its customers needs. Everyone at this property is definitely on the A-team; however, there were those who noticeably excelled just a bit more to strive for perfection above and beyond the normal Hilton Brand of excellence – they were A+ team members!

A+ Team Members:
Pools Side: Paul, Livingston & Kenton
Room Maintenance: Randy
S3 Restaurant Server: Chelsea
S3 Restaurant Bar Tender: Chris

Room Tip: Ocean view is best. Floors #11 & #12 are convenient with a nice view. Elevators worked just fi...
1 Thank UnclelBen67
I am pleased that your Resort experience was enjoyable and comfortable, and that our team provided you with personalized service. I will share your comments with all departments, and will certainly recognize those specifc team members mentioned for going above and beyond. We hope you can return soon; and should you need any assistance with reservations, please do not hesistate to contact me directly at 954-414-2602. Thank you, John
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Just had two nights here whilst stopping in Florida for three weeks. An excellent location with easy access to the beach. Three very different and good quality eating venues. Sun sea and sand the first evening. I had the Mahi Mahi which was excellent and my wife had the scallops which were perfect. Also ate in Ilios the final night. Amazing New York strip steak, very juicy and cooked to perfection, thank you. We had a junior suite with ocean view which was amazing. Clean and terrific view of the sea. Definitively recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of stopping in Ft Lauderdale.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to post a review; we are pleased to read 'Superb location & friendly staff'! I am glad you enjoyed your dining experiences in S3 and ilios restaurant, and very pleased that your accommodations were clean and comfortable, and with an outstanding view. We appreciate the recommendation, and hope you can return soon.
Gander
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I recently travelled to Fort Lauderdale for our first vacation since being married.....upon arrival we had an easy check-in...however when we arrived in our room we found there to be no vanity doors and some paint off of the walls...therefore we went back to the front desk and they immediately addressed our issue and one of the gentlemen at the front desk (I don't know his name..sorry) even escorted us to a different room which was fine. We had the breakfast plan included with our stay and we were thinking before hand probably it was just going to be a continental breakfast but were we wrong...they had everything from fresh fruit, pastries, oatmeal bar, omelette bar, bacon, sausage, french toast etc...and as much coffee and juice you could drink....every server we had for the 10 mornings we were there were quite friendly and very attentive! Several mornings we ventured out by the pool and it was a beautiful view overlooking the beach and the pool boys were very friendly and accommodating! Also three nights we had the opportunity to dine in the surf sun and sand restaurant located on the first floor...each meal was different then what we were used to back home...but the flavours were amazing..and I highly recommend the chocolate layer cake and the chocolate chip blondie cookie for dessert options! The weather was fantastic and all and all a wonderful experience...hopefully we'll be back in the future and will recommend to our friends and family!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor 18 or higher!! Also walk down to the CVS pharmacy (which is probably a 7...
1 Thank Julia W
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for the review; we are pleased your Resort experience was enjoyable, comfortable and memorable, and that our team provided you with helpful and friendly service. We hope that you will chose the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort for your next trip to Fort Lauderdale. Thank you for the wonderful comments and the great recommendation. John
pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just got back - four night stay with my beatiful wife. All went well - room (JR Suite) was very nice- location is excellent.. Beach is right acorss the street. Very convenient (walking distance) to restaurants on the beach. Health club and pool area are well kept. Hotel staff was very friendly. Car service to the airport was very convenient (same price as cab)
I would recommend this hotel....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
We are pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your stay at our Resort. Thank you very much for taking time to post a review; we appreciate all guest feedback, and will share your comments with our entire team. Hope to see you back soon!
Ligonier, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My friends and I stayed here April 25th-28th. The hotel staff could not have been nicer!! Location was great. A nice 15 minute stroll down the side walk to the "happening strip''. Pool was on the 6th floor. I suggest getting there around 9am to get a lounge chair... they go quick and people tend to save chairs too. Restaurant at pool had very good burgers and a nice selection of food. Gift shop prices were too high. Called front desk a few times for things we needed, and they sent someone up right away. Great service. Room was really clean. Maid was friendly. I would definitely stay here again. Advice for people who like to drink wine, etc.. Go to CVS pharmacy near the strip down the main drag... They have the best prices. This hotel will bring up a cork screw and wine glasses to your room. Sit on your ocean front balcony and Enjoy!!!

Room Tip: I was on the 15th floor and there was no noise. But I guess it depends on your neighbors!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Linda E
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
I am pleased to read that you and your friends enjoyed your weekend stay at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the dining experience on the 6th Floor Sunrise Terrace, and that our team offered friendly and helpful service. Thank you for the review; we hope you can return soon! Regards,