“Familiy Vacation”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Santiago, Chile
“Familiy Vacation”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

It was a very good experience. The rooms are great, with a living room and a small kitchen. The pool is good, could be bigger. The service overall is good and the location is great.
We stayed for 6 days and have no problem at all to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Miguel P
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to post a review; we appreciate your feedback, and pleased to read that you enjoyed your family vacation at our Resort. We look forward to your return in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,163)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for my anniversary and it was amazing! I work at a Hilton so I know what to expect and the staff here was wonderful. Ryan at Ilios was awesome! Kenton and Jeffrey from the pool were amazing as well! Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. Beautiful property and right next to the beach.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mallorie K
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I like to read the word 'Excellent' as your review heading; and very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. It appears that our team took good care of you, and I will ensure that Ryan, Kenton, and Jeffrey receive the recognition they deserve. We hope you can return soon! Thank you, John
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Checked in on may 4 2014. I booked a 1 bedroom king ocean-view suite. When I arrived to my room, it was not ocean view but rather intercostal. I called to discuss and was then moved to a different room. Again, this was not ocean view but rather partial oceanview where I see a sliver of the ocean and the rest the ugly buildings. When I called, the front desk told me that oceanFRONT are the rooms actually that have theoceanview rooms. I think that this is deceiving and the room descriptions should state "partial ocean view"

Also when I checked in I was given "continental breakfast" tickets even though my package was "full breakfast". I had to tell the front desk person and she still said no. Someone else happened to overhear and corrected the situation but I feel bad for the other guests who were not even given what they were supposed to get! How can the people whom work here not even know their own package prices?

The jacuzzis on the pool deck are not even jacuzzis. Just warm tubs. The jets dont work. I pointed it out to a manager but nothing has changed.

Worst of all when i went to sleep in my partial ocean-view king suite, i noticed it was a queen bed!!!

• Stayed May 2014
10 Thank Drborks
Thank you for your comments; understanding you are still at the Resort, our team will be reaching out to you directly. My apologies for the issues you've experienced; I will use your feedback for review and training as this is not the type of service you should expect from our Resort. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly. At your convenience, I can be reached at 954-414-2602. Sincerely, John
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed 3 nights before a cruise. The location is perfect on beach and near many restaurants and shops, but the best thing about this hotel is its people. The staff were phenomenal. In particular, John Saglam Dir Front Office. He was so helpful and when my husband left is iPad there, he tracked it down within an hour. Vicki the concierge was awesome as well. A pleasure to speak to. She recommended an excellent seafood restaurant and arranged for complimentary appetizers. Any requests we made from the room were responded to quickly and a followup call was made to be sure we were happy. Another plus is the room had a good size fridge and kitchen with stove top. PS My first review ever so it was good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the review; I am pleased your experience was enjoyable and comfortable, and that our team provided you with personalized service. I'm glad to read that we found your iPad, and I will ensure that John and Vicki receive recognition for going above and beyond. We hope you can return soon! Regards,
Clear Spring, MD
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have stayed at over 600 different hotels in my line of work and during my many vacations with my family, and I can say hands down, up to this point, this Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach is by far the nicest hotel that I/we have stayed. The location is awesome. It is only a walk across the street (30 seconds) to the beach. The beach was great. I didn't expect the water to be as nice and warm as it was (during mid-april). My son, sister-n-law and I stayed in the water for over 2 hours. The hotels pool was on the 6th floor over looking the beach - very nice. I liked the palm trees up around the pool area. The wait staff at the pool were fast. If you wanted anything, they got it for you right away. The breakfast area (just inside from the pool) was top notch. I really liked the smoked salmon they had. The room had a great view of the beach. We even enjoyed / view from our room, a lightning storm over the ocean one night. Was just like the forth of July. The bathroom was to die for according to my wife and sister-n-law. The shower was really nice. The hotel staff all around were the best. When I was inquiring about breakfast time the night before I left, I found out the restaurant would not be open before I had to leave to the airport, so the hotel manager, gave me 4 x $10 vouchers to be used at the Starbucks, so my family all bough something for us to take with us in the morning. This was something they did not have to do for us, but because they did, I am thankful. This is the first review that I have ever posted on Trip Advisor, so if anyone wants to know more about this hotel, please feel free to contact me. I have no doubt, the next time I stay in Ft. Lauderdale, I will be staying at the Hilton Ft. L Beach.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review about your recent stay. It appears that your entire Resort experience was enjoyable and memorable, and I'm so pleased that you were provided with the kind of service you should expect from Hilton, but more importantly, from our Resort. You have certainly done a lot of traveling, and we couldn't be happier to be placed at the top of this list. I will share your comments with our entire team, and we hope you can return in the near future. Regards,
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We just returned from a lovely stay at this hotel. We had a great suite with an awesome sea view. The staff members were delightful, the room was quiet and services well. It had a full kitchen.

We had a wonderful breakfast each morning, enjoying the nice variety of the buffet. A special 'thank you' to the gentleman who is a master at preparing omlets! He did such a nice job each day, and remembered us daily - even our omlet choices. He was friendly, and always smiling. A special thank you.

The beach is right across the street. And there are towels available on the beach for Hilton guests so you don't have to take one from the hotel.

My only comment for improvement is around the breakfast restaurant (Ilios). There was quite the wait each morning. Perhaps there could be more tables placed outside to reduce the amount of time guests are required to wait for breakfast. We were on vacation so it was fine. Had we had a schedule to keep, we may have struggled.

Had a great time and look forward to returning again.

Room Tip: Be sure to take a room with an ocean view. It is spectacular.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ANF1111
Thank you for the review; we greatly appreciate all guest feedback, and will certainly share with our entire team. It appears that you enjoyed your breakfast each moring, and I'm pleased that our 'Omelet man' provided you with personalized service, besides a tasty omelet! I will recognize him for his efforts. We look forward to your return in the very near future. Regards,
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I spent 6 days / 5 nights here. Everyone was exceptionally nice, courteous, helpful and professional in keeping with the Hilton Brand. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The 2 Queen Bed Oceanview Studio/652 Sq.Ft./Balcony was just right for the two of us. Our house keeper did a good job servicing the studio room: it was kept clean and tidy with a very nice view of the ocean from the balcony. The telephone receiver, cradle and keypad, however, need a bit more attention.

I had some doubts about staying here based on previous customer reviews but decided to take a chance after making a few phone calls to the hotel. I was glad that I did: our visit was totally positive.

Employees at this location worked hard and were always personable and pleasant toward guests. Management has developed what might be called an “A team culture” committed to providing the full services of a beach resort, while staying focused on meeting all of its customers needs. Everyone at this property is definitely on the A-team; however, there were those who noticeably excelled just a bit more to strive for perfection above and beyond the normal Hilton Brand of excellence – they were A+ team members!

A+ Team Members:
Pools Side: Paul, Livingston & Kenton
Room Maintenance: Randy
S3 Restaurant Server: Chelsea
S3 Restaurant Bar Tender: Chris

Room Tip: Ocean view is best. Floors #11 & #12 are convenient with a nice view. Elevators worked just fi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UnclelBen67
I am pleased that your Resort experience was enjoyable and comfortable, and that our team provided you with personalized service. I will share your comments with all departments, and will certainly recognize those specifc team members mentioned for going above and beyond. We hope you can return soon; and should you need any assistance with reservations, please do not hesistate to contact me directly at 954-414-2602. Thank you, John