“Very good hotel, great location”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Just returned from Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach resort. My friend and I loved the location, pool
area, food, Iios bar and staff. The fellows at the bar were great, speedy, efficient and personable.
The hotel was clean and quiet. The view from the 24th floor was of the ocean and the coastline...
We loved it. We would definitely stay there again if in the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room closest to the beach front...the higher the floor the better!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

I am pleased your Resort experience was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable, and that you will be staying with us again in the future. We appreciate your review and recommendation, and on behalf of the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, we thank you! John

There are newer reviews for Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights prior to a cruise,positives excellent location the staff at reception brilliant very polite and very professional it was our wedding anniversary and while my wife and I were out they had delivered chocolate strawberries and a card very thoughtful thank you.
The room was large and clean good bathroom with jacuzzi and views of the sea.
Would certainly recommend and stay here again thank you so much for the service

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mikey12344

Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent stay; we are pleased that you enjoyed your time at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, and that our team provided you with helpful and professional service. We hope you can stay longer next time! Regards, John

Reviewed 11 June 2014

After leaving Waldorf/Boca Raton Resort & Club (business stay/annual conference) I booked few days at Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort.I was a bit unsure how service & stay will compare to Boca because my stays there are flawless :-) LOVED the location, food, hotel, pool, rooms EVERYTHING was PERFECT but the best part of the stay was Maquette Dieng. She greeted us with such a smile and her friendliness is contagious and professional skills beat any other resorts I've been to and I visited many all over from Mexico, Caribbean (Bahamas 10X’s) and Europe

Aleksandra Cogura
New Jersey

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aleksa666
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

We are pleased that your entire Resort experience was enjoyable and comfortable, and that our team provided you with personalized service. I will ensure that Maguette receives recognition for going above and beyond. I hope you will continue to use the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort when traveling to the Fort Lauderdale area. Thank you, John

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our first time but certainly won't be our last. My husband and I had a quick 2 night getaway and we were thrilled with our overall experience from the room to the staff and the location. The balcony overlooking both the ocean and the coastal waterway was superb. Our morning coffee never tasted so good with that view. The junior suite was plenty spacious and very clean. The bed linens/duvet cover without a nasty bedspread was comfy and inviting. The staff from the check in, concierge, housekeeper, valet, beach and pool guys were all exceptionally accommodating and pleasant. We wished we could have stayed longer. Until next time...

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side with a balcony on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda F
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for the review about your stay at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I am pleased that your experience was enjoyable, and that you had a chance to enjoy the spectacular Ocean views! We look forward to your return in the near future. Regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel was amazing! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Fort Lauderdale area! You won't be disappointed. Fernando is just wonderful--he was extremely helpful with recommendations to restaurants and he would truly go out of his way to make your stay perfect. We loved him so much we even took a picture with him! The room was great,it was super clean and had a beautiful view. It included a stand up shower and a tub. The Starbucks in the hotel was a plus. Another thing we loved was the beach was across the street and they provided water bottles and beach towels if you were a guest at the Hilton! We also order room service one night and the dessert was delicious. The location was great because all the great restaurants are in walking distance so you don't have to waste your money on taxis! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mariam0526

Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor; we appreciate your comments and recommendation. It appears that our team at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort took great care of you, and I will recognize Fernando for his helpful and friendly service! We hope to see you again soon, John

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had a chance to stay at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale this past April and I’m still feeling overwhelmed by the outstanding service I received while there. Being a blind traveller I had emailed the hotel ahead of time to ensure my special requests would be met and the staff came through with flying colours. Hilton International should make the customer service that goes on here a model for their training. All the staff I encountered were friendly and eager to help. I thank Edgar, Keith, Mark, David and Georgios my fellow Greek for a fantastic time. Thanks goes out to Vicky for arranging my tour to meet the alligators. I urge anyone contemplating this hotel to just book it and go.
Rooms
I took a basic room which was very comfortable. I found it a bit odd at first as you have two doors to contend with, the first leads into a small foyer that is shared by you and a neighbouring suite. I soon got the hand of it though and it was no problem. Besides, 9 out of 10 times a staff member was more than willing to accompany me to my room.
The room was spacious, with great toiletries and a strong internet connection. Mine was free as I’m an H honor member. The bed was quite comfortable not too soft or hard. There were coffee making facilities and the air-con worked well.
Facilities

Hilton Ft Lauderdale has the following a pool, a work out studio and a spa. I enjoyed the pool which was big enough and had good pool side service. If one wants a bigger body of water just go across the street to the ocean which I did. I didn’t use the work out studio but from what I could tell it was fine for one’s work outs.
The spa was the only small disappointment in an otherwise great property. I urge Hilton to seriously consider putting an Eforea here. The massage I had was fine but apart from lockers and a couple of mundane showers there was no wow factor when it came to the spa. I just felt the spa was an afterthought.
I had a great meal at Ilios one evening and still think about it. The food here is great with reasonable size portions. I never did get round to trying the breakfast buffet but everyone told me it was great. The café in the lobby was enough for me. Thanks Georgios for the breakfast you bought me that morning.
Conclusion
Don’t’ even think about it just go. The staff are the best of the best. The pool nice and the ocean even better. As for the spa, Ft Lauderdale has hundreds to choose from. Thank you for a great holiday and I hope to return soon.

Room Tip: There all good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank sexy69

We appreciate the great review about your recent stay at our Resort; I am pleased that our team provided you with 'outstanding' service, and that you found your accommodations spacious and comfortable. I will certainly recognize the Team Members mentioned for providing you with personalized service, and hope you can return in the near future for another 'great' stay at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Thank you.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We reserved a queen studio room, and the bed was way too small to be a queen. My 6'2" husband's feet were hanging off the bottom of the bed. I also did not like the sheets. They felt like they weren't high thread count sheets. You can tell the hotel is a little older- some wear and tear to the bathroom and kitchen cabinets. Otherwise, it is a nice place. We enjoyed the pool area, and all the staff we encountered were pleasant and helpful.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your candid comments about your recent stay; I am pleased that you enjoyed the 6th Floor Sunrise Terrace pool area, and that our team provided you with friendly service. I apologize that you weren't more comfortable with the bed. If I can be of any assistance on a return stay, please feel free to contact me directly at 954-414-2602. We would certainly like the opportunity to make your stay perfect. Sincerely, John