“Great hotel staff and beautiful views from the resort”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this resort for a combination work and family trip. The hotel itself is very nice with very helpful and friendly staff. We had a wonderful room with views of both the Atlantic Ocean and downtown Fort Lauderdale which I highly recommend seeing at night since looking out at the ocean shows nothing but darkness. The pictures of the hotel make it appear to be right on the beach, however, it is actually located across the street so you will have to trek everything across in order to get there. We have small children so it was a little bit more difficult then the two hotels in Fort Lauderdale which are located directly on the beach. Pool was nice and clean and featured a DJ during the weekend. There were also children's activities, but I was disappointed to see the cost of these. The activities would typically last 5 to 10 minutes long and we were charged between five and seven dollars per child which adds up quickly with three children. It would be nice to see the hotel offer some lower cost or free at this for the kids since there wasn't that much for them to do and making the trip across to the beach was somewhat of a chore. The food choices at the resort are decent with a sushi restaurant, pizza and sandwich place, and the hotel restaurant which was a bit overpriced but the food was decent.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Carolannemo
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for the review about your recent stay at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found the accommodations comfortable and with great views. I will share your comments concerning the children's activities with our team for further review. We hope you can return soon. Sincerely.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This Hilton is located on the Beach, We had Ocean front overlooking the Pool & the Beach.
The Dinner & Breakfast were great including the servers Leo (Dinner) and Claudia (Breakfast)
they were very courteous and have great personalities making your stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large & sunny and have a kitchen
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerome G

Thank you for the review and recommendation on TripAdvisor; I am pleased to read that our team provided you with great service. I will ensure that Claudia and Leo receive the recognition they deserve. We look forward to your next stay at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Regards.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel is not right on the beach as it appears in one photo. There is a busy road in between the hotel and beach. The beach was very nice and we did see several fish/stingrays etc. Plus it was turtle hatching season so we got to see all of the nests on the beach and talk to the Turtle Rescue team. Sadly we did not see any nests hatch but it was still exiting. The pool was nice, the hot tubs were okay but not very hot. The restaurants were SUPER expensive. The S3 has excellent burgers. The other restaurant we had breakfast at for $100 (there were 3 of us) they had a nice buffet but the price was too high for my taste. Location was good. I was getting nervous driving down to the area as there are several high end car dealerships around but the area is littered with homeless people or people just milling around looking like drug dealers/users. We didn't go there to drink so we didn't find much to do as it was raining pretty heavily during our visit. We did have a nice room, overlooking the ocean, balcony was a nice touch. The whirlpool tub was a hit with my son, bathroom also had a shower, and kitchen area. The valet service was okay. When we pulled up they told me to leave it running and they would take care of it. I went upstairs and came down about 20 mins later it was still sitting there running. I asked them when they were going to move it and they said they didn't know anything about it but several of the valet guys were just standing around. After I said something someone jumped in and moved it right away. Considering we drove and the car was our only way home I wasn't very pleased with how it was handled. It seemed like everyone was clamoring for tip. They got annoyed when we took the baggage cart to move our bags and insisted they do it even though we told them repeatedly we were fine and didn't need help. After getting to the room and settling down we discovered my daughters laptop didn't work anymore so I am guessing it was dropped down to hard when they moved it. You could take the car in/out as many times as you wanted but they were standing there with their hands out the whole time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Pnthompson3168

We appreciate your review about your recent stay; we take all guest comments seriously and I will certainly share your feedback with our entire team. I do apologize that our valet team did not provide you with adequate service. It appears that your room accommodations were comfortable and clean; and we hope we have a chance to host your stay again in the near future. Should we be of any assistance with future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at 954-414-2602. Thank you

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We have just returned after staying eight nights at this wonderful hotel . We were allocated room 1103 which had views of the beach and inland waterway . The room itself could have passed for a suite :
The bathroom had a jet bath plus a large walk in shower
The bedroom had a king size bed and 42" flat screen TV
The sitting room also had a 42" flat screen and also included a small kitchen section with fridge , microwave , sink and hob ( kitchen utensils and plates were not supplied as standard but one call to housekeeping and they were delivered to the room immediately )
The balcony faced south and as said before had views of the beach and inland waterway

What really lifts this hotel from others is the staff . Our room was cleaned to a very high standard every day and every member of staff we had dealings with could not be more pleasant and helpful from the person serving frozen grapes at the pool to the cleaners who seemed to be constantly vacuuming the carpets . We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and came in one day to find chocolate coated strawberry's in the fridge with a card , a very nice touch much appreciated .

A special mention must go to Ryan Rauert who is the bar tender at the Ilios bar / restaurant from 4pm every afternoon , to call him a bar tender is doing him a disservice . He is one of the most attentive bar staff I have every come across , who would talk to you ( especially about music ) whilst still ensuring that no one in the bar had an empty glass or was waiting to be served . He knew everybody's tipple after one visit and also greeted you with a friendly welcome any time you entered the bar . He is also very knowledgeable about the surrounding area and is useful if you want any information regarding restaurants , activities etc .

I would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay at the beach in Fort Lauderdale , and if you do stay don't forget to have a drink in the Ilios .

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have views of beach and inland waterway .
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shug_M

I am pleased that your Resort experience was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable; and that you found your accommodations spacious. It also appears that Ryan provided you with helpful and friendly service! I will ensure that he receives the recognition he deserves.Thank you for the great review and recommendation - and we hope you can return very soon to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Regards, John

Reviewed 15 July 2014

A complete facility and a very nice hotel with a great staff who go out of their way to make your stay a great one. Rooms are clean and nice. Location is great as well. I cant say enough about the hotel and the super friendly staff. You will not be disappointed staying at this hotel. They have a towel location on the beach as well for the hotel guests, which is very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank M1002ESmarkh

Thank you for the great review; I am pleased to read that you enjoyed staying with us at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. We appreciate your comments, and your recommendation, and hope you can return soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

One of the many concrete monoliths sprawling along the FLL beachfront road, this was selected by my client, and the experience was average – nothing outstanding, somewhat mediocre – OK and a bit ‘beige’!
The staff were all friendly enough – in the standard crib-sheet style that’s expected of all American hotels – and the person checking me in was particularly helpful. I upgraded the room to one with a beach view – not a full beach view but a corner view, which was great.
The room was nice and light with the floor-to-ceiling windows and was certainly spacious and I felt really comfortable there. It also had a large balcony.
The décor was a bit drab – could do with a facelift - and it was also pretty dated as was the lighting, however the bed was large and very comfortable, the sheets were good quality, the bathroom was also big, good toiletries, face cloths, etc., there was a small kitchenette area … and I was happy to stay there for the 5 nights.
The fridge chilled everything nicely, the TV was easy to use, the desk was a little small – considering the space, but not bad … the AC was efficient, etc. … it was all just – you know - average.
The WIFI was free as I am a Hilton H-honors member … and it worked really well.
The bar on the 6th floor – just inside from the pool was really good. Fun bartender, good atmosphere and exceedingly tasty cocktails! I only made it there for one drink, but it was a great vibe, and the pool area also looked attractive.
I didn’t use any of the other facilities like the restaurants.
They had some trouble with the lifts – it’s obviously been a hotel for some years and some bits of it really look that way - on the last two days of my stay, which made getting up and down to the room a challenge, long-winded and a bit of a wind-up – and I allowed extra time for it when checking out.
As I say overall ‘OK’ – nothing great and nothing really bad about it – not somewhere I can get excited about.
Next time I would look for somewhere a more modern and funky – I am sure there’s plenty of choice along that road, plus there are also a whole load of ‘off-beach; hotels in FLL, and there also must be a boutique hotel or two downtown.
Having said that, if you want an average, good value place on the beach road, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with this.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Anne Louise S

Thank you for the candid comments about your recent stay. We appreciate all guest feedback, and I apologize that your experience was not more satisfactory. I will share your review with our entire team for further discussion on service standards, and certainly hope you can return so we can offer the kind of service you should expect from Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. At your convenience, I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly. I can be reached at 954.414.2602. Respectfully, John

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights hotel was very busy with teenage girls. They ate everything in the star bucks cafe. We only got turn down service the last night because hotel was too busy. Loved the large deck and would be nice to have kitchen slightly stocked. Towels/silver wear/ glasses etc. The bathtub when filled had yellowish water need to have pipes replaced or something. Bellman was supposed to be at room in early am and wasn't there then he tried to put our bags in a taxi not the rental car. Kinda crazy. The did offer complimentary water on the beach and towels. Need to offer guests beach chairs or something. We would definitely return hopefully no teenage girls from foreign counties showing there bottoms!

Stayed: July 2014
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for your candid comments about your recent stay. I apologize for the service issues experienced, and the appearance of the water color as a result of the city of Fort Lauderdale's water treatment process, which is safe for consumption. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to your return at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Regards.