“Excellent service and great breakfast”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 132 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights and was treated very well. Front office manager was called by the receptionist to give us a room upgrade to a massive suite. Was right on the beachfront with a huge balcony, the only down side being noise from the bar one evening so beware if you have a young family.

We ordered a late night room service drink which was not exactly what we asked for and even though we didn't make a complaint, the beverage manager somehow found out and sorted it out personally as well as giving us the service free of charge. Can't ask for better than that.

Breakfast was superb - great food, good choices and top quality. Service was also excellent - quick and friendly.

Parking is valet-only and not as quick as I would have liked as we had to wait about 10 minutes every time we needed the car. OK so not a big deal but not as quick as self-parking but then to be fair much more convenient.

Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2014
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for the review; I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the accommodations. We appreciate all guest feedback, and hope you can return soon to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,556)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The lobby area is not inviting or impressive or comfortable. Our junior suite room had a king bed that was much shorter than normal from head to toe to accommodate the available space. Not pleased with that. And the mattress was too soft, not at all firm. The breakfast area on the 6th floor was cramped and chaotic. There appeared to be no ventilation for the omelet bar so the aromatic fumes (one day burnt eggs) filled the dining space. On our first day for breakfast we went outside for seating as the crowded room was not attractive and they put us on wet chairs, and we were in our regular clothes. Valet parking is necessary; no alternative. The first time that we called for our car it was not there 20 min later when we appeared to claim it. Somebody screwed up, then told us that we were wrong. The opening to the balcony had a raised ledge, by about 6 inches, that was a tripping hazard. Twice I injured my foot when going onto the balcony from the room. My wife also tripped on it once. Very stupid arrangement. The wi-fi was inadequate around the desk area and in the entire bedroom part of the unit. One had to work on the computer in the sitting area to get any wi-fi connectivity. Too many flaws in this hotel to give it a better rating.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your candid comments about your recent stay. I apologize that your Resort experience was not more positive. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly. At your convenience, I can be reached at 954-414-2602. Respectfully, John

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We are just returning from a 6-day stay and happy to say we have no complaints. The service was excellent and we are so pleased that we did not stay at any of the surrounding hotels. The ocean views were breathtaking and the Hilton staff who tended the beach were very accommodating. From the front desk staff, to the housekeeping staff, to the bellman the service was superb. A special thanks to Ailin (sp?) who was so kind to make sure that the 2 rooms we had on the 9th floor were near each other. And to our surprise our party of four (2 in each room) were able to see each other and chat from the balconies which were kitty corner. When we return there is no doubt we will again be staying at the Hilton Beach Resort! - Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for the recommendation on Tripadvisor; I am pleased to read that our team provided you with excellent service, and I will ensure that Aline receives the recognition she deserves. We look forward to your return at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Sincerely,

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I really loved the beach location, excellent place to start a bike ride, close to the park and Las Olas Boulevard. the breakfast place is very small, need to arrive early during vacations. Need to ask for silverware in the room.

Room Tip: higher rooms are better.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Thank your for the review; we look forward to your next stay with us. Regards.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I think the place is great,but I like to park my own car even if you charge me,cant use cart to bring bag to room so you need bell boy,one thing after another.room was awesome view was also, huge balconies,had two one about 50 feet long the other about 15 feet long.full kitchen,but you have to wait for silverware.want a drink call room service they will bring you a cup in 20 minutes.so be prepared.beach is alright,pool is weak.

Room Tip: water front up high,down side elevators
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the candid remarks; I am pleased to read that you found your accommodations spacious, comfortable and enjoyable. I apologize for any service issues you may have encountered and I will share your comments with our team for further review. We look forward to your return at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Regards.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was the fifth time my sister and I and our elderly parents stayed here. Once again, everything was great. Thanks to Ariel for making sure our parents got a room on the 6th floor with a couch and for honoring our request for a high floor. After a slight issue with our first room, we were immediately changed to a higher floor with a better view! Thanks to David at the pool who made sure our elderly parents had straight back chairs instead of lounge chairs every day for the entire week of our stay. Many thanks to our Jamaican waiter, Mark, who when asked by our Mom (who has Alzheimer's) if he was "Italian", answered by saying a few words in Italian to her. Great sense of humor, Mark! Also thanks to another waiter, Franz, who also made Mom feel special. Both of them went above and beyond. This Hilton is all about service and we were not disappointed. We can't wait until we return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ceberose13

Thank you for the review and your loyalty to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort; I am pleased to read that our team provided you with personalized service! I will ensure that Ariel, David, Franz and Mark will receive the recognition they deserve. If I can assist with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 954-414-2602. Sincerely,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel was right on the beach. Literally walk out the door and throw yourself in the sand. My room was a Jr King Suite which had a separate TV viewing area with a spectacular balcony. There was a kitchenette with stove, microwave and refrigerator. The bed was wonderful. The bathroom had a full shower and Jacuzzi tub that I took advantage of every night. The gym is small but very adequate for workouts. I didn't get to try the pool because it is outdoors and there was a storm 2 of the days we were there and it was closed for our safety.
My only complaint is the ridiculous prices of the food. A $15 waffle for breakfast is just silly. Even when you go down to the "store" the prices are artificially elevated.
Still the customer service was wonderful and I will definitely stay there again...I'll just stop at the grocery store first.

Room Tip: Choose the suite upgrade...it's totally worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for the review; I am pleased to read that you found the accommodations spacious, comfortable and enjoyable. We look forward to your next stay at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Regards.