“Excellent Beach Vacation Resort”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Staten Island, New York
“Excellent Beach Vacation Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort from 8/20 though 8/23/14. While I initially had concerns about staying in a large, popular beach resort, this hotel proved to be very clean, and the service was wonderful. As we found, you very likely will not be able to check in early, as we arrived about 2 hours before the normal check-in time and had to wait about an hour. The hotel honored our request for a room on a high floor, and we wound up staying in a junior suite on the 25th (top) floor with a nice view of the shore. Housekeeping came in every day and did a wonderful job cleaning - no sand to be found anywhere. The balcony and jet tub were both highlights of the room. The bed was clean and comfortable. We had no problems with noise, bugs, etc. One thing I did find odd was that the room did not have a hairdryer (but I didn't call down to ask for one - I assume they probably would have brought one if asked). The beach outside the hotel was also spotless, and we had a lot of fun swimming with the fish near shore. Wifi free for HHonors members, and we also got two free drink vouchers from the Starbucks downstairs for being members. Highly recommend for a relaxing beach vacation.

Room Tip: 2504, Junior Suite Ocean Front view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for the recommendation on Tripadvisor; I am pleased to read that you found your accommodations spacious, clean and comfortable. I do apologize for any incoveniences the lack of a hairdryer may have caused, all rooms should feature one. We look forward to your next stay with us at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Sincerely.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,154)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Sutton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

As a start or to finish Florida vacationI have found total satisfaction..The management is very "hands on" and strives to provide a great base for either lounging by the pool or catching up with life in General.Spotlessly clean and all support staff seem to genuinely enjoy providing assistance if it is needed.could possibly improve the dining facilities but for me this is always a great stopover.

Room Tip: Select an ocean facing room.Costs more but worth it!.Although on the road I have never encountered a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback. We hope you can return soon! Regards.
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. Staff was very friendly. Location was ideal, just across the street from the beach. Walking distance to many stores and restaurants. Hotel breakfast was a bit pricey but to be expected for a Hilton on the beach. Pool was nice but very crowded at peak times. Strange access to the beach as you have to walk through the coffee shop for most direct route to beach. A bit noisy at night but the sliding door on the balcony kept most of the noise out.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the review; we appreciate your feedback. I am pleased to read that you found your stay enjoyable, and hope you can return soon at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Regards.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

We just returned after stay 4 nights at this hotel. The staff were super friendly and courteous. The pool was fantastic and the beach amazing. The hotel provided towels both at the pool and the beach. The rooms were clean and spacious.
We had a one bedroom suite with full kitchen and stay there with our 2 young boys, it was perfect, lots of space for everyone. We had two balconies with views of both the ocean and the intercostal. Only minor criticism is the kitchen was equipt with nothing..meaning no plates, or cutlery etc. But they did provide some supplies very quickly when asked.
I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michele M
I am pleased to read that you found your stay and accomodation spacious, comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you for the review and recommendation on Tripadvisor. Our kitchen are not left stocked for sanitary reasons, but as you found out everything is just a call away and can always be pre-ordered prior to your arrival. We hope you can return soon at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Sincerely,
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We went last year and loved the hotel. I was upgraded to a suite "just because". Hotel is nice and clean and right across the street from the beach. We loved the downstairs bar as well. My teen daughters loved our vacation as well. No complaints

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pinky40
Thank you for the post and your loyalty to our Resort; I am pleased to read that once again we were able to create a memorable stay! We hope you can return soon at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Regards.
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I had an issue with our stay that prevented me from leaving a proper review. I will say that the manner in which management followed up with my concerns is a very real testament to the quality of the property. With that said, the property itself is perfectly convenient and overall a great value. Fort Lauderdale airport is just a few minutes away and you could reasonably expect to be from the airport to hotel in a half hour...with drinks in your hand on the beach just a few minutes afterward. The pool and the bar is that perfect tropical atmosphere you want from Ft. Lauderdale..with tons of restaurants and every kind of shopping right near by. Getting down to the islands is sure fun...but let's face it....the added time of the Island Hop and customs takes away from down time....Ft. Lauderdale is a very reasonable alternative and the convenience, security and value of Hilton make a whole lot of sense!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the post and recommendation; we appreciate and take into consideration all guest feedback. We hope you will return soon at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Regards, John.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I came to eat to elios(the restaurant next to the pool) with my family for the first time. I was greeted by the barteneder Ryan who was very courteous and showed us around the pool and their amenities, he also offered a complimentary drink for my mother who is visiting from out of town. Then he brought us to our table and introduced us to Leo, our server . He suggested many options for my little brother and assisted him deciding what to eat for lunch. Then he told us about their best dishes, and he was not mistaken. The food we had was amazing, and up to my expectations.
I had the chicken cesar salad, it was such a great experience. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone I encounter . Thanks to Ryan and Leo again

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
I am pleased to read that Leo and Ryan provided you personalized service and created a memorable experience; I will ensure that they receive the recogniton they deserve. Thank you for the review and recommendation. We look forward to your next stay at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Regards.