“A top tier Hilton hotel and Hilton staff”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Georgia
“A top tier Hilton hotel and Hilton staff”
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Well, let me start by stating, I travel a lot with my job and have also taken pleasure trips with my wife. On this trip, my wife and I were celebrating our anniversary. What a fantastic trip is was!! From the start, the staff was just the best!! As diamond members with Hilton reward program, I received an upgraded room with a full kitchen and just amazing views of the ocean and waterway from the balcony. The room was spotless!! Bed amazingly comfortable, and just a very nice room decor with flat screen TVs, stainless steel kitchen appliances, spa tub, separate shower with rainfall shower head, and safe in room.

I have traveled and stayed at the Hilton's in Cancun, Hawaii, Orlando, DC, and Barbados, I can truthfully state without a doubt that there is not a better Hilton staff than what I observed and experienced during my week stay at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Resort. The entire staff was polite, helpful, very accommodating, knowledgeable and really seem to be enjoying their jobs. And if you have a problem or need assistance just dial "5-0" and guest services will have the situation handled for you ASAP.

We ate breakfast at the restaurant, ILIOS, on the 6th floor next to the pool every morning. As Hilton reward members, the continental breakfast was free. For an addition $4.00 you could order a full breakfast with eggs and various chooses of sides to include fruit. My wife and I typically paid the extra $4.00 and were not disappointed, the food and serve was excellent!!

The Pool and workout room staff were also very kind, polite and hard workers. The pool staff included staff that circled the pool and took drink and food orders from you. Of course we stayed during the "off season" so the pool, restaurant, spa/workout facility were not crowded. Plan your trip accordingly if you do not like crowds. The pool had two whirlpool areas we typically visited at night and often no one else was there. The pool and workout room is opened 24 hrs a day for your enjoyment. It was very nice not to have time restrictions. The hotel is located right next to the beach, You can not get any closer to the beach. All the hotels on A1A, in this area, are located across from the beach and yes, you need to cross the A1A street but I never found that to be a difficult task. It is literally about 25 steps from the Hilton to the beach.

You do not necessarily need a vehicle. On the weekends, there is a free bus called the "Sun Trolley" that rides up and down A1A to Las Olas Blvd, Google "Sun Trolley" for more info. There are taxi cars right in front of the Hotel. CVS is in walking distance. The best most reasonably priced restaurant, Casablanca, is within walking distance, also you can walk to the bars and the "W" resort next door has a very upscale night life on the weekends if that is what you are looking for. Please keep in mind, Fort Lauderdale is not a cheap destination to visit, but if you are on a tight budget, this Hilton can be helpful with the in room kitchen, walking distance to CVS, shopping, restaurant and bars.

The bottom line: This Hilton has a great location, first class staff, fantastic rooms, nice restaurant and pool. I have stayed at many upscale hotels and I believe You will not find a better, all around, hotel, than the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Resort.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,180)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
New Jersey
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This was our first time in Florida. We were boarding a Holland America cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to the Carribbean. We stayed at the Hilton one night before and one night after our cruise. The location is fantastic. Right across the street from the beach. Room was great. We asked for a really early check-in since our cruise arrived back at 7:00 am and they accommodated. If you stay here, do not leave without having a meal at the Casablanca Cafe down the street. Awesome atmosphere and food. You can watch the cruise ships sail from the upper terrace. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This hotel is perfectly located right across from the beach. The pool is up on the 6th floor, facing the beach but above the traffic / noise. Great design. The staff was great and very accommodating. We did go in July and it was packed, so can imagine it getting a bit too overwhelming in the winter months. All in all, great place for the Hilton brand.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 October 2009

This hotel is on Las Olas Blvd in Fort Lauderdale- in my opinion much nicer than South Beach or Miami. Hotel rooms all have balconies overlooking the water. There is an amazing pool overlooking the water surrounded by cabanas and loungers. By the pool is a restaurant (amazing breakfast buffet) / lounge/bar which is great at night. I have stayed at this hotel many times and have never been disappointed.. 100% clean, staff is great, beautifully decorated. I travel alot for work and leisure and stay at some of the worlds nicest hotels- i always come back to Fort Lauderdale Hilton because its so relaxing with beautiful views... I know I wont be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BrookeBellask
Charlotte
Reviewed 29 September 2009

My family had the extreme pleasure of staying in a one bedroom oceanfront room. We are seasoned travellers who upon entering our room and taking in the view exclaimed, "WOW". My pre-travel/flying/preparing jitters immediately vanished. We stayed on the spacious balcony for hours enjoying the full view of the ocean. Since we had a kitchen we walked 15 mintues to CVS and grabbed the essentials. Do this first on your first day. (We discovered this our 2nd day) There is a cafe downstairs. But the selection while tasty is limited. A bottle of water can cost $5.00. CVS 6 large bottles of water $4.00. (I'm just saying.) :) I spent a pretty penny in the cafe before we ventured out. I much preferred spending my money shopping for beach type finds. There are plenty. Near the CVS you will find bars, restaurants, and shopping. It really isn't a bad walk. We didn't need a car. Leave the hotel and go the opposite direction of CVS and you can take a slightly longer walk maybe 20 minutes and you will find more gift shops and food. We happened to be there while there were what seemed to be few travellers. (Sept 15 - 19). Loved it!!! We used the kitchen and it was cleaned each morning. We found the walk across the street to the sand and water to be easy. Maybe a 2 minute adventure. There is a stop light a little ways that would make it maybe a 4 minute adventure. Who is on a hurry on these types of trips? Its all about soaking in the beauty. But if you take my suggested walk and get tired don't worry because cabs are in abundance. In fact, they stay parked in front of the hotel. But do walk. It really is beautiful. There are buses too. We didn't need one. But we are not beyond such an adventure. Since the buses appreared near empty. The signs indicated that the bus goes to the nearby Mall. We just weren't up for a Mall. We had everything we needed in walking distance.

Hilton is right next door to The W. Truthfully the real estate on this side of the boardwalk is prime. Its perfect for couples, families and a group of girlfriends who want to get away and feel prefectly safe.

I had never been to Fort Lauderdale. We are originally from California. Now living In North Carolina. I guess I'm not very loyal to So Cal because I much preferred Fort Lauderdale. I love Monterey, San Francisco and now Fort Lauderdale for beautiful views of water.

I feel very comfortable suggesting this hotel and Fort Lauderdale. I'm sure if its a busy time of year you may have a slightly different experience. Just more crowded. But still beautiful. I'm not huge on crowds so we will always go when its not too busy. We will stay at the Hilton when we return.

Enjoy!!!

1 Thank PeaceandRelaxation
Salzburg
Reviewed 26 September 2009

We had a wonderful stay in this hotel before going back home - wonderful - because the staff there was extremely friendly and helpful anytime of the day! We have travelled a lot so far to and within many european countries (always 4 star hotels) but the service and kindness here was absolutely outstanding. We got lots of useful tips for cheap and nice restaurants and coffee shops we tried out. Our plane would leave in the evening so it was no big deal, we could keep the room till 3.pm without being charged (although check-out time is 11am) and spent the day of departure at the pool! We can highly recommend this hotel! If you go there, ask for Robert, he helped to make this stay so comfortable!

1 Thank OstrichSalzburg
Houma, LA
Reviewed 23 September 2009

We had to book a room to attend a family event in the area. We had no idea where to stay so we figured Hilton is always a good choice. We were very surprised at arrival to find such a comfortable, luxurious place.