Well, let me start by stating, I travel a lot with my job and have also taken pleasure trips with my wife. On this trip, my wife and I were celebrating our anniversary. What a fantastic trip is was!! From the start, the staff was just the best!! As diamond members with Hilton reward program, I received an upgraded room with a full kitchen and just amazing views of the ocean and waterway from the balcony. The room was spotless!! Bed amazingly comfortable, and just a very nice room decor with flat screen TVs, stainless steel kitchen appliances, spa tub, separate shower with rainfall shower head, and safe in room.
I have traveled and stayed at the Hilton's in Cancun, Hawaii, Orlando, DC, and Barbados, I can truthfully state without a doubt that there is not a better Hilton staff than what I observed and experienced during my week stay at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Resort. The entire staff was polite, helpful, very accommodating, knowledgeable and really seem to be enjoying their jobs. And if you have a problem or need assistance just dial "5-0" and guest services will have the situation handled for you ASAP.
We ate breakfast at the restaurant, ILIOS, on the 6th floor next to the pool every morning. As Hilton reward members, the continental breakfast was free. For an addition $4.00 you could order a full breakfast with eggs and various chooses of sides to include fruit. My wife and I typically paid the extra $4.00 and were not disappointed, the food and serve was excellent!!
The Pool and workout room staff were also very kind, polite and hard workers. The pool staff included staff that circled the pool and took drink and food orders from you. Of course we stayed during the "off season" so the pool, restaurant, spa/workout facility were not crowded. Plan your trip accordingly if you do not like crowds. The pool had two whirlpool areas we typically visited at night and often no one else was there. The pool and workout room is opened 24 hrs a day for your enjoyment. It was very nice not to have time restrictions. The hotel is located right next to the beach, You can not get any closer to the beach. All the hotels on A1A, in this area, are located across from the beach and yes, you need to cross the A1A street but I never found that to be a difficult task. It is literally about 25 steps from the Hilton to the beach.
You do not necessarily need a vehicle. On the weekends, there is a free bus called the "Sun Trolley" that rides up and down A1A to Las Olas Blvd, Google "Sun Trolley" for more info. There are taxi cars right in front of the Hotel. CVS is in walking distance. The best most reasonably priced restaurant, Casablanca, is within walking distance, also you can walk to the bars and the "W" resort next door has a very upscale night life on the weekends if that is what you are looking for. Please keep in mind, Fort Lauderdale is not a cheap destination to visit, but if you are on a tight budget, this Hilton can be helpful with the in room kitchen, walking distance to CVS, shopping, restaurant and bars.
The bottom line: This Hilton has a great location, first class staff, fantastic rooms, nice restaurant and pool. I have stayed at many upscale hotels and I believe You will not find a better, all around, hotel, than the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is located on the shoreline of Fort Lauderdale's exclusive north beach, between the palm-shaded boulevards of Sunrise and Las Olas. The Resort delivers the refined elegance of beach resort living, with unique tropical amenities and upscale accommodations, much larger than a regular hotel. Our vision is to provide Distinct Personalized Service by creating unforgettable experiences for our well-traveled guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hilton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Hilton