“Great Hotel...a pleasant surprise!!”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 February 2010

Everything about this hotel was great: friendly, helpful service;clean spacious rooms with sitting area and balcony;excellent location right across from the beach; and the cost was right considering the price of the nearby hotels. The pool area is on the 6th floor and is beautiful with comfortable chaises, heated pool and great service for food and drink. We loved this hotel and would be happy to come back despite our chilly weather!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sharon9332
Write a ReviewReviews (5,505)

Reviewed 10 February 2010

I originally stayed here in November with my son. We were in the area visiting colleges so I thought the local would be good. They gave us a room in 911 (a sure sign of disaster). There were so many incidents that I am going to sum them up: 1) We were up all night with screaming and partying because the room faced the W nightclub 2) It took 2 calls and one walk down to the lobby to get towels 3) Jacuzzi did not work 4) Shower filled up with water and was about to overflow 5) My son wanted to watch a movie but the TV kept jumping. They sent up a technician that asked me if I knew what was wrong with the TV 6) Several additional charges on the bill and a slew of other things

I wrote a letter to the manager of the hotel airing my frustrations so they sent me a weekend to come back. Since we had to go back to see the colleges, we went in December again. The room was nicer with the additional money that I paid for an upgrade. On the second night, my son and I were headed out to dinner. When the valet (keep in mind they charge a fortune for valet and there is no self parking), my GPS was gone. We searched the car and brought over the manager who adamently said his people would not take it. What amazes me is that we went to one destination prior to that (Galleria Mall) and it was kept in the glove compartment. I find it highly unlikely that someone is going to eye a crappy Buick rental and say "Boy, I bet they have a great GPS unit in the glove compartment" and not break into the car. The hotel had me fill out a claim on which they did absolutely nothing because they said they are not responsible for lost or stolen items from the car.

There are so many other hotels on that strip that are a better option and less expensive. Do yourself a favor, choose another.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2010

Spent a wonderful day and night at this magnificent hotel that is directly on the Beach. Walk across the street and walk on the sand. Very close to wonderful restaurants and clubs. Was upgraded to a mini-suite on the top floor with a wonderful view of the coastline and the beach. Great pool overlooking the ocean. Excellent bar and restaurant. Thanks for making our trip memorable.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2010

Me & my girlfriend stayed at the hotel in Nov 09 as part of an 18 night stay in Orlando. We arranged it all through Virgin Holidays so didn't pick it for any particular reason.

The room was really spacious and the bathroom had a jacuzzi in it, nice touch. The view was awesome too, had a view of the Ocean. Also a small kitchen area which was adequate for cooking, which we did on 1 of the nights. If you need any utensils, it was a case of ringing reception and they delivered what we needed.

The staff and in particular the bell boys were really helpful and chatty. They would approach you everytime in the lobby to see if you needed any help and when we approached them for help on trips and directions, they went out of their way to make sure they could give us what we wanted.
Just their pleasant demeanour was good enough, very nice people.

My only gripe was the parking, I had to pay $30 a night to park which was valet parking, also internet access was charged at $15 for 24 hours. Felt slightly aggrieved about that due to us coming from a hotel in Daytona where it was free, nothing major though.

All in all though, a great stay and would definately stay again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2010

I had the pleasure of staying here for the second time recently. The staff was professional, polite and attentive as before. This feels like a destination hotel far more than any other Hilton property in the area. You're on vacation and you know it.

The location is great. The hotel is just steps away from the beach. There's also a decent number of restaurants within walking distance.

On my first visit I had was in a junior suite. It was nice, but on this last trip I had the distinct pleasure of staying in a full suite. The room was beautiful. The full kitchen was nice but no cookware is provided. I didn't plan on cooking so I didn't ask if the hotel would provide anything. If I drove in I'd come prepared with my own travel cookware. Hey, any frequent roadtripper should have a cheapo set of cookware.

One problem with the location of the hotel is common problem with most of the the hotels along Fort Lauderdale Beach, Hwy 1. This road separates you from the beach and can get a bit busy and noisy at times.

Another big complaint with this hotel is the silly $30/night parking fee. That's just ridiculous.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2010

Hotel is well located with beach access across the street. Amenities, food, rooms and service is on par for price and hotel rating. Pool (overlooking ocean) is very nice. Parking fee is expensive so avoid a car if you can.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2010

Stayed post cruise one night in the Hilton. Good location directly overlooking the promenade/beach. 5-10mins walk to Las Olas Blvd (other restaurants on the way) and 20mins walk to the Galleria Mall for some nice shopping.

Pool/gym/breakfast on thr 6th floor looking out to the ocean.

Staff were lovely and helpful and couldn't do enough for you.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple