“Super Sweet Suite”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 January 2011

We arrived early around 11am and luckily we got our 1 bedroom suite with a King bed on the 11th floor. From our balcony on the South side ( the only side with sun ) we could see the waterway and the beach across the street. The suite was huge and tastefully decorated with a classic yet modern look. The full kitchen was equipped with stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops. There was a flat screen tv in the living room as well as the bedroom. There was a walk-in closet with safe, and a balcony that spanned the width of the entire suite. You could access the balcony from the bedroom and the living room. There were 1 and a half bathrooms with the main bathroom having a separate glassed-in shower stall, a whirlpool bathtub, double sinks and marble floors. The powder room was near the front entrance.

The kitchen would have been more useful if there had been a minimum amount of cutlery and dishes already present. We called twice for a knife and a bottle opener for our afternoon pre-happy hour. It took almost an hour for the attendant to deliver our request and when it arrived it was enough stuff to cook and serve a turkey dinner for six. This was the only semi-negative part of the stay.

The suite was clean with lots of towels. The bed was super comfy and the personnel was extremely friendly and helpful. We called several times to the concierge for directions and each time we got a speedy answer.

A very good value for the price we paid. This was the second time we had stayed. The hotel is well situated right across from the beach, and is a 5 minutes walk to the Beach Place CVS pharmacy where you can get ice cream, water, sun tan lotion, wine and beer etc. There is a great selection of bars and restaurants nearby . The Galleria Shopping Mall is about a 20 minutes walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PretPourPartir

Reviewed 23 January 2011

Showed up at 3am without reservations( and the city was fully booked) and there were three friendly staff who were extremely helpful. Ended up staying here before and after the cruise. Beautiful suites and excellent staff. Oceanviews and beach across the street.Would stay here again no problem. In the future I will try out Hilton hotels more often.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BCAdventurerer
Reviewed 16 January 2011

We were looking for a nice hotel to stay in prior to getting on a cruise. I was not familiar with the area, so picked it due to what I thought was a convenient location. Turns out the shops are too far, the closes restaurants or area to hang out is a good 25 minute walk. The area in the dark at night did not seem very safe. It is across the street from the beach and the street was not easy to cross due to construction. If I stayed there again would just eat at the restaurant cause the place we ended up in was not worth the walk. The room was very nice and the staff polite. No transportation or any courtesy pick-ups for free.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank SvetatheReviewer
Reviewed 11 January 2011

We stayed at the Hilton Beach Resort hotel from Jan 1-8th, 2011. We took out two children aged 4 & 7. We are very picky and like luxury accomdations and this hotel exceeded our expectations. We stayed in the 1 bedroom King Oceanfront Suite on the 17th floor. The room has two bathrooms, large mordern kitchen, bedroom with a seperate entrance to the balcony, pull-out bed in the living room and the most amazing wrap around balcony with stunning views of the beach and ocean. I would highly reccomend this room. Maid service was wonderful. My only compliants are the pool is nice but on the smaller side and limited pool chairs when it's busy. Pool service is very good and the staff is friendly and accomdating. We had free breakfast vouchers which was helpful because the buffet is $30.00 an adult and I thought that was really pricey. The food is ok but the same everyday. They could use more of a variety. The hotel is across the street from the beach. IIt's a quick and easy cross. There is many good restaurants in walking distance. I would suggest trying Coconuts and Bubba Gump's. They are both really good and the local's favourites. There is a Starbucks at the hotel, which is very convenient. Valet parking is an extra $30.00 a day which we thought was high but hotel policy. Our family had a wonderful week and I would highly reccomend this hotel. Enjoy your vacation!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank taza15
Reviewed 11 January 2011

When staying at the Hilton we had numerous problems with the room, like non functional tub and green water coming out when it finally worked. When the staff came to room they were very rude and confrontational. Would never recommend to anyone!!! Stay away unless you want to overpay to be treated poorly.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mikeholland1972
Reviewed 10 January 2011

The Hilton Beach resort was fantastic. From the moment I arrived, someone was there to open my car door, handle my luggage, and walk me in the door. Check-in was a breeze, no wait. Everyone was polite and attentive. My room was very clean, modern, and much larger than I expected. It was like a one bedroom condo with a huge balcony. I'm noise senstive, but I didn't hear anything out of my neighbors. The bathroom with separate shower and jetted tub was exactly what I needed for a relaxing time. The location is great. The beach is a small stroll across the street. I didn't have a problem with traffic. I had two large flat screen TVs. Huge plus for me. The only thing I didn't like was the bad reviews about the restaurant which kept me from trying it for myself. Also, the drink I had in the pool area was a bit watered down. Other than that, I have no complaints and will be staying at the Hilton Beach Resort anytime I'm in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo

4. beach is very clean
5. towels are provided on beach by hotel
6. close to las olas blvd. as well as the beach club

bummers:
1. would have loved if a grocery store was in walking distance, but there is one that is not far by car
2. no bathrooms on the beach, so you need to come back to hotel (which is really not a big deal since it is so close, but still..)
3. the windows in our unit were very dirty, but i have a feeling that is from salt water and sand and is something that has to be kept us with all the time in order to look perfect.

Take the boat architecural tour of the intercoastal -- even the kids liked it.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family