“Not that bad but not that great..”
Review of Sea Beach Plaza

Sea Beach Plaza
Ranked #100 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
St Petersburg Fl
“Not that bad but not that great..”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Ok so it's not a five star place...it's not the best but it wasn't that bad overall....for the low price of 55 a night you get what you pay for...first room had electrical light issues and a/c issues...they moved us to a room that was fine...the rooms all have kitchenette and fridge so that's nice..not the most updated place..if they updated it the price would be 100 a night...
The location is great...beach is close and you can walk to a lot of shops and restaurants...we didn't have any bug issues as others mentioned...overall for the price it's not that bad.... Great for a budget friendly weekend getaway... Property has it's issues and could be updated but not that bad....

Room Tip: Look At the room first..
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
USA
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Upon entering my room i saw a roach running around the sink which i then caught to give it to the agent at the front desk. I was tired and didnt want to complain and told the agent i wanted to stay another night in a clean room. The next day this information wasnt passed on to the next person. The manager was not to be seen and when called i wasnt allowed to speak to him and instead got offered a discounted rate. After shopping and coming home that night , I woke up to be covered in bites which are still all over my arms and are quite painful. Upon demanding a refund the next morning, the manager wasnt there yet again. A delivery had come in from Pepsi and there was no money to pay them for a huge soft drink order that they had unloaded. An elderly couple came into the office and they too were covered in bites and were very unhappy. I didnt get a refund. Stay away from this place if you dont want to itch and throw out your suitcases and clothes. The place is so run down and needs fumagated and disinfected. It is gross. STAY AWAY!! Also wasnt notified of the internet code or how to work the tv til the following day. The internet speed is insanely awful...Once again...Stay away!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Paterson, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 July 2011

let me start by saying that the pictures u see of this place are nothing like the way the hotel looks now.yeah this was a cheap hotel but if i would off known it was gonna be this bad i would off stood else where and pay more money.Before i booked it i saw the reviews n thought let me give it a try cause the pictures dont look too bad.It's outdated n all i saw was patch work done out n inside the rooms that looks gross.Over all hotel staff was useless didnt know anything and they live there lol.... where have you ever seen that ?? crazy if you ask me. Our bathroom door didnt work n inform the owner of it n still didnt fix the problem.THIS WAS THE WORST HOTEL EVER STAY AWAY CAUSE U WONT BE HAPPY ONCE YOU GET THERE.........

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Let me start by saying the name should be "nightmare beach plaza" bc this place is a nightmare. 1st night I got locked in the bathrm. There is no lock I had to use my credit card to get in and out. The people working there were useless. Room service took about all day to get to the rm. The pool was like a sauna. We asked for a smoke free room, yet it smelled like someone was chain smoking in there for days. Horrible experience!! I never would go back to the horrible beach plaza or to ft lauderdale point blank. Floridians r rude

• Stayed June 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 June 2011

we visted the hotel on 061711 and the way the hotel looked the wrong inpression was given the picture of the rooms looked great on line but when I saw the room in person even through we only stayed 1 night we got their at 10:30 pm I just couldn't beleive my eyes I slept on top of the covers with my clothes on. The refrigerator was rusty, it had a
bad smell to it. I can go on and on,I have nothing good to say at all. The towels and wash clothes I can scrub the floor with it. You can put it to the light and see right through it. This had to be one of the times I had a nerve to forget my wash cloth, I thought I washed my face with sand paper. I talked about this hotel to my fiance all night I was actually mad at him for making this reservation.

Room Tip: To get a well name hotel 4 to 5 stars only
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 23 March 2011

The rooms are disgusting. They provide you with nasty silverware and plates (id rather just not have it in the room). Our window had a piece of duct tape across it, to cover a crack. Our bed broke while three people were sitting on it...and they made ME pay for it! The staff is terribly rude. I asked for a paper towel to clean up a mess in the room...the response, "You buy". I would have rather slept on the beach. Too bad I can't get my 500 back for the week. Also, I attached a picture of what our window looked like after the wind blew it into our room and it shattered. .....lovely.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mark6788
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Thank God only had to stay here one night!Booking in was fine,room was falling apart!which can live with as you do get what you pay for ,but did not pay for being terrified and more scared than ever been.Some men were knocking on doors at 4 in the morning,then stopped, then awoken again at 5 to them kicking the door in downstairs,arguing till 6 in the morning,got up got dressed and got out of the Bates motel! Am English and thought all the Americans were polite and the most friendly people ive ever meet. Shame on you Sea Beach Plaza !!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple