“Good Rate Good Motel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #107 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Springfield, Illinois
“Good Rate Good Motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

I recently stayed at The Sea Beach Plaza...the people are very nice; it's clean & friendly. It's a great location...I can take a 3 minute walk & stand in the ocean or I can go a bit farther & eat at the cafes & do some shopping on Las Olas Blvd. The rates are so reasonable, especially in Harbor Beach, I was able to afford to stay for 2 weeks! The staff was so helpful; they gave us directions & were so accommodating to our needs. If I'm ever back in Fort Lauderdale, I'm defintly staying at The Sea Beach Plaza again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

I've stayed at this hotel two nights (before and after a cruise). It was by far the worst hotel I've ever been in.

When I turned the light on to my room, 4 baby cockroaches scurried off the kitchen counter to the floors. One of them ran and hid under the dead body of a giant (momma?) cockroach in the middle of the floor, and a few more went under the couch, bed, etc.

The furniture was OLD. Its probably been used for at least 20 years judging by the wear and tear. The night stands and dressers had carvings of peoples names and lude messages scratched into them for future guests to enjoy.

I went to open the refrigerator door, and it all but fell off - only attached by a single hinge. The cabinets were in a similarly terrible condition. Not that I would dare put food in them because of the cockroaches.

Toilet flushed about half the time. By then I didn't expect better. The towels and sheets seemed clean enough, but when I saw two maids hanging around the back of the place I noticed that they stored them outside in a fenced off area.

Oh, and to top it all off. I can't vouch for this personally, but my friend who stayed in the same room woke up in the middle of the night because he heard a ghost scream in his ear. I don't know, but from what I saw from of rest of the place, I don't doubt a few people have died in those rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no deaths to avoid ghosts
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank David Z

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Thomasville, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

As someone who is trying to get into the yachting industry, I stayed at this place because I didn't have another place to stay at the time. I read many reviews of different places on Trip Advisor's website and found this place to be the "best bang for the buck". It's only about a block away from the marina and the beach which worked perfect for me. The motel is a little bit out dated. It seems like you are walking back in time to the 1970's. I stayed in their largest room they had. It actually needed a really good cleaning and some repainting. But the bed, toilet and bathroom was clean enough for me. It even had a refrigerator and kitchen area. It's by far not the cleanest motel that I've ever stayed in but for the location you really cannot complain. If your coming to the area looking for a modern, clean and stylish place to stay, then I wouldn't recommend this to you. But if you are traveling here on a budget then this is the perfect place. This is not a $300 a night hotel and it cannot be compared to others in that class. If I had to, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I had the largest room which was on the third floor off to the side so you don't have to worry a...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

Much better than expected. Staff friendly. Free parking a plus. Refrigerator and microwave. Walking distance to beach and bars. Room was clean. Free wifi. Good value for the money. Will stay there again. Not for people expecting five stars for two star price.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

I needed a small weekend getaway. Its close to the beach and a quick trolley down to the local supermarket and many other stores. I never planned on being in the room that much anyway but of course during my stay it rained quite a bit so my girlfriend and I did have some room time. Bathroom was a little below average and what seemed to be years of use, not necessarilly dirty per say but they did need to redo some of the rooms. We had a grab a bulb and hot plate from the front desk at one point.

In the end we only paid 60 per night so we got a 3 night stay for only 180. To us it was what we paid for.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Weston, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Peeling walls, peeling tub, broken toilet sit!!!! holes in the walls, not even headboards for the 2 beds in the apartment. At least it was clean. The towels were so rough that felt like sand paper and you can see through them. They charged us $30 extra for parking since we brought two cars. Location is good but they really need to remodel the whole place!!! I don't think I would stay again there.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank amarilispr
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

This motel has not changed in years. The outside looks fine but the bedrooms are in need of a big re-model. There are definitely no frills. The rooms are small efficiencies.

Advantages – it is close to the beach and the Ft Lauderdale strip, friendly staff, free wifi & parking, a pool, cheap

Room Tip: Ask to see available rooms
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple