“Dine-out Fort-Lauderdale at Chima ! Ridiculous menu restrictions”
Review of Chima Brazilian

Chima Brazilian
Reserve with OpenTable
Chima Brazilian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,335 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$29 - US$49
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located on the trendy Las Olas Boulevard just minutes from the beach, Chima offers a serene dining experience with a touch of exclusivity. The Fort Lauderdale location provides a chic dining experience from the minute you step foot into the captivating courtyard. The outside bar and courtyard provide an escape from the traditional happy-hour scene with our exceptional drink specials.
Montréal
“Dine-out Fort-Lauderdale at Chima ! Ridiculous menu restrictions”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I am a big fan of Chima, I go regularly and recommended it on many occasions. On October 16th ( a wednesday) we went to Chima. We were motivated to go mid-week by the Dine-out Fort lauderdale promotions that sets menu at $35 form Sunday to thursday nights during that low season month.
At the table we were informed that the dine-out menu has some execeptions... basically everything was off limit except for chicken, somes sausages and some fish!. This was embarassing both for us and that poor waitress.
I think this shows a total disrecpect for your clients, this is the worst possible client experience. It made us feel embasrrased to have ask about that menu, and make the restaurant look cheap.
It is fine if you don't nor can't have such a promotion, JUST DON'T DO IT and DO NOT lure you clients to think that you do. We are not idiots and we can afford the bill.
We ended up taking the regular menu including meat!

4 Thank dalllo

• Korean first
  • Serbian first
Bahamas
“A friend recommended this one”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Wow what a great place. This was recommended to me by a friend. Go hungry & leave stuffed. The service is superb . A totally different restaurant experience, but very enjoyable. I will be back

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Be ready to feast like the kings of old”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Absolutely exquisite service and food. Our servers and waiters were phenomenal at their job and never kept us waiting for anything. Drinks were always replaced before they were empty and they even raced each other to replace a fork that my wife had dropped on the ground. This brings me to the meat.... some of the finest cuts and as much as you want... shrimp..lamb...chicken...pork...steak. swordfish. ..and salmon. ALL AMAZING!

Salem, Oregon
“A meat lover's dream”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

October 5th

Shelly and I were in Fort Lauderdale for the night and found Chima from tripadvisor. It had been 10 years since we went to a Brazilian restaurant and wanted to give Chima a try.

Your dining experience starts with their amazing salad bar which has selections that included smoked salmon. Our servers Dawn and Eddie brought us plates of bread and side dishes. The restaurant has "gauchos" walking from table to table with spits of meat. I lost count but I think there were 15 kinds of meat plus salmon and shrimp.

Eddie suggested that we start off with the "Caiprinha" which is the national cocktail of Brazil. The Caiprinha has Cachaca (Brazilian rum), muddled limes and two tablespoons of sugar. This drink is amazing and I would recommend this to anyone that wants to experience an exotic drink.

Between the gauchos and our servers, Eddie and Dawn, we were never forgotten or neglected. The General Manager and three other managers visited our table often which shows how much this family owned restaurant is dedicated to your complete dining satisfaction.

Normally, I take pictures of the meals that I review. This meal, I was too busy sampling all of the great offering from Chima to take any photos.

We will be back on our next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Naples, Florida
“Go there very hungry...”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

What a feast. Buffet style salads and sides. The main course was brought by several servers who carved the meat at the table. Beef, lamb, pork, salmon, shrimp. Endless quantity!

Visited October 2013