“Already planning our next visit!”
Review of Birch Patio Motel

and 1 more site!
Birch Patio Motel
Ranked #66 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We've been here three times so far and we love it! The rooms are clean, prices are reasonable, close to the ocean, quiet, 4 pools, the cleaning ladies do a great job, many BBQs available we can use, washer and dryer. I have nothing negative to say...
AND ... Angela is great! When we need info for grocery stores, shops, restaurants etc ...or activities she helps us out, Thank you Angela for always making our stay enjoyable!

We will be back!

Nathalie Plamondon

Room Tip: Quieter in back. For families with younger children I would prefer in front, if you are looking for...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Nathalie P
There are newer reviews for Birch Patio Motel

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Hi Guys -- The top three pros I can say about Birch Patio is that the price is reasonable, the location is perfect, and it's really clean. We stayed in an efficiency and really liked it. However, the air con was really loud in the room, which made sleeping a little difficult, and the pillows were completely flat -- fortunately I bring my own pillows with me everywhere I go! :)

But really, the true spirit of the place is Angela. If she wasn't so cool, we might not have enjoyed our stay as much. She is amazing. She works really hard to make you happy, and does it effortlessly. The internet connection to our room was sort of crappy, so she lent me a key to the computer room and let me set up my office in there for a couple days so I could get some work done. She's just so totally trustworthy, which is refreshing. I don't know if she is the owner or an employee, but I hope she is making what she is worth! Go Angela!

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GroovingOnTheBliss
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights prior to a cruise. From the wonderful welcome by Angela to my departure, I really enjoyed my stay here. Room was big, clean, well maintained and had a well equipped kitchen. Free wi-fi was greatly appreciated.
I walked to Publix for supplies - about a 20 minute walk. Also took the Water Taxi which was a great way to see Fort Lauderdale. I had room 214 which overlooked the pool.
I would certainly stay here again especially for a few days when it is preferable to have cooking facilities.
Go Airport shuttle from the airport to the motel was $11.
Andrew

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tocanada2
Reviewed 8 February 2013

This is one of three properties lovingly cared for by Angela, her husband and occasionally the local kitty Socks who keeps an eye on the place. There is the Birch Patio Motel, The Napoli and Summerland - which is located "in the back" if you consider the ocean "the front." We usually stay there before or after a cruise and have been there 7 times now. We have stayed in all three motels and they have all been great. Clean, simple, spacious - especially the one-bedrooms. 2 blocks to the beach and a neighbourhood mix of older charming motels and some fancy highrise hotels. There is an old charm here reminding me of simpler times yet with all the modern conveniences like free wifi. The pool areas are clean and inviting. What I look forward to the most is the warm and friendly atmosphere that starts with Angela in the office and flows out to the whole property. I have had some wonderful conversations sitting around the pool in the early evening. Also a very short ($25.00) cab ride to both the airport and cruise port for those wondering about its convenience pre/post cruising. The only thing that kept me from writing a review sooner is that I selfishly wanted to make sure there would be space for me when I go back! So, Angela, make sure there is room for us on our next adventure to Fort Lauderdale :)

Room Tip: All three properties are good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ssuuzz
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I had the most pleasant experience with my wife and daughter in this hotel. Family oriented, excelent location, and with warming staff and hospitality. Thanks to Angela and Alessandra for very pleasant time. More than recommended!

Room Tip: BBQ place in the hotel and warm swimming pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marcio A
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Just spent another wonderful few days at the birch patio. As always - mega clean, really relaxing , and friendly - all in all just a super great value place to spend a vacation - winter or summer :) I'll be back again for sure...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2012

me and my friend spend two days at the birch patio in fort laudedale..when we arrived a charming lady who i think is the owner did recived us with a big smile and give us a very nice room apartment..we been very happy to see than the room was just next to the cold pool and wee also enjoy the other pool...the motel was very chrming and everything we need was inside as the kitchen was having all the equipment and very very clean...also nice to see than the parking as a security man at night...good recomended...the two french boys...

Room Tip: room next to the cold pool on the left side near patio with plants and palm tree
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends