“Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #57 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Avon Park, Florida
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

This motel was recommended by a family member, after our usual place was booked. We were there April 11-13, 2013, and found that it was just two blocks from our normal corner. My adult son was with us and we opted to give him the larger efficiency on the 2nd floor-within a pool area. It was more than adequate for him with a full kitchen. We chose the courtyard efficiency. It was great for us. The rooms were clean, we had a good rapport with the owner and were given more pillows we'd requested in a timely manner. We liked it very much. Very quiet.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynne W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 days at the Birch Patio. The owner Angela gave us a lovely welcome.
The motel is very conveniently located. Super clean and very good prices.
Can highly recommend it.
Famous Las Olas Boulevard with shops and restaurants is very close by.
We will be back.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank sibi51
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

I stayed at Birch Patio during Easter week . It was very nice to have several pool options, as I chose the quietest area. My room was quiet and clean (although the floors didn't pass my "bare feet test"). Angela was very nice and helpful (although I didn't really need any assiatance). My room had a full size fridge, coffee maker, microwave, and toaster (the toaster only had outside coils that worked, so I had to flip the toast to get both sides browned). I didn't think to tell Angela, but if I had, I'm sure she would have replaced it. It was a perfect budget friendly get-away. I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
St Roch de l'Achigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

We've been here three times so far and we love it! The rooms are clean, prices are reasonable, close to the ocean, quiet, 4 pools, the cleaning ladies do a great job, many BBQs available we can use, washer and dryer. I have nothing negative to say...
AND ... Angela is great! When we need info for grocery stores, shops, restaurants etc ...or activities she helps us out, Thank you Angela for always making our stay enjoyable!

We will be back!

Nathalie Plamondon

Room Tip: Quieter in back. For families with younger children I would prefer in front, if you are looking for...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Nathalie P
Reno
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

Hi Guys -- The top three pros I can say about Birch Patio is that the price is reasonable, the location is perfect, and it's really clean. We stayed in an efficiency and really liked it. However, the air con was really loud in the room, which made sleeping a little difficult, and the pillows were completely flat -- fortunately I bring my own pillows with me everywhere I go! :)

But really, the true spirit of the place is Angela. If she wasn't so cool, we might not have enjoyed our stay as much. She is amazing. She works really hard to make you happy, and does it effortlessly. The internet connection to our room was sort of crappy, so she lent me a key to the computer room and let me set up my office in there for a couple days so I could get some work done. She's just so totally trustworthy, which is refreshing. I don't know if she is the owner or an employee, but I hope she is making what she is worth! Go Angela!

We would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GroovingOnTheBliss
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights prior to a cruise. From the wonderful welcome by Angela to my departure, I really enjoyed my stay here. Room was big, clean, well maintained and had a well equipped kitchen. Free wi-fi was greatly appreciated.
I walked to Publix for supplies - about a 20 minute walk. Also took the Water Taxi which was a great way to see Fort Lauderdale. I had room 214 which overlooked the pool.
I would certainly stay here again especially for a few days when it is preferable to have cooking facilities.
Go Airport shuttle from the airport to the motel was $11.
Andrew

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tocanada2
montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

This is one of three properties lovingly cared for by Angela, her husband and occasionally the local kitty Socks who keeps an eye on the place. There is the Birch Patio Motel, The Napoli and Summerland - which is located "in the back" if you consider the ocean "the front." We usually stay there before or after a cruise and have been there 7 times now. We have stayed in all three motels and they have all been great. Clean, simple, spacious - especially the one-bedrooms. 2 blocks to the beach and a neighbourhood mix of older charming motels and some fancy highrise hotels. There is an old charm here reminding me of simpler times yet with all the modern conveniences like free wifi. The pool areas are clean and inviting. What I look forward to the most is the warm and friendly atmosphere that starts with Angela in the office and flows out to the whole property. I have had some wonderful conversations sitting around the pool in the early evening. Also a very short ($25.00) cab ride to both the airport and cruise port for those wondering about its convenience pre/post cruising. The only thing that kept me from writing a review sooner is that I selfishly wanted to make sure there would be space for me when I go back! So, Angela, make sure there is room for us on our next adventure to Fort Lauderdale :)

Room Tip: All three properties are good.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple