I found Napoli Belmar Resort when I was googling for a close (walk) location to Beach Place in Ft. Lauderdale. Of course I always refer to TripAdvisor before booking any new place! :-) I was happy with the reviews and booked the weekend! I visited a friend in early Nov. weekend. I checked Napoli website, and sent an online request for availability. Within 24 hrs, Angela replied saying she had a room with two double beds on the 2nd floor at $75/nite (off season). Perfect! I called her with a credit card to guarantee as I preferred not to email it.
When I first arrived, I have to confess...I was little leary about the place I chose from the outside. It was not grungy but just old school and a bit run down. I had known this from other TripAdvisor reviews I read. But once I checked in and saw the room, everything was perfect!!! I checked in about 8pm, Angela was pleasant and welcoming with the key. Oh and they offer FREE WiFi!! It was spotty at times but its free!!
My room was above the office. I could not believe how much space I had in the room!!! There was a kitchen...not a kitchenette people!! It had a full size stove/fridge/sink and microwave!! Awesome!! The bathroom was thru a small hallway around the corner with tub and small window. It's not brand new amentities but perfect for me and the price I was looking for. Oh and location, was definitely key!!! I was a short 2 block-walk to the beach and Beach Place was only 15min walk, if that!! Sweet! I like to bar hop, so no driving for me!
Oh one bummer, was one morning we wanted to sleep in, but we were abruptly awoken by LOUD drilling right in front of our door into tiles!! Later, we found out it was maintenance trying to fix the guest's phone line. All well, what can ya do.
We did take advantage of the pool one day but unfort. the intermittent rain ended that fun. There were two pools for use: one in the front and one in the back of the property!! They had lounge chairs and pool floats for use too! Love it!!
Angela was kind enough to let me check out late on Monday since my flight was in the afternoon. I will def. return to stay here my next visit!
Everyone always asks, only a few minor cons:
1. Parking is free which is awesome, but parking spaces are tight!! So if you have an SUV, good luck.
2. The room windows only have mini-blinds. I think adding curtains would be great for those mornings you wanna sleep in. (hey I love to party in FL, what can I say!)
3. Don't be expecting a huge TV or flat screen for that matter. You are in FL, you should not be watching TV!! :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Fort Lauderdale Beach minutes from the famous Las Olas Boulevard. Come see why this Mediterranean-style resort is a favorite vacation retreat among its repeat guests. The Napoli Belmar Resort offers a relaxing and pleasing atmosphere, 2 swimming pools (one heated), and a BBQ picnic area. English and Italian spoken. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Booking.com, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Napoli Belmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napoli Belmar Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Napoli Belmar Fort Lauderdale