“Great location and service in this fun, little resort!”

Napoli Belmar Resort
Ranked #47 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Great location and service in this fun, little resort!”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I found Napoli Belmar Resort when I was googling for a close (walk) location to Beach Place in Ft. Lauderdale. Of course I always refer to TripAdvisor before booking any new place! :-) I was happy with the reviews and booked the weekend! I visited a friend in early Nov. weekend. I checked Napoli website, and sent an online request for availability. Within 24 hrs, Angela replied saying she had a room with two double beds on the 2nd floor at $75/nite (off season). Perfect! I called her with a credit card to guarantee as I preferred not to email it.

When I first arrived, I have to confess...I was little leary about the place I chose from the outside. It was not grungy but just old school and a bit run down. I had known this from other TripAdvisor reviews I read. But once I checked in and saw the room, everything was perfect!!! I checked in about 8pm, Angela was pleasant and welcoming with the key. Oh and they offer FREE WiFi!! It was spotty at times but its free!!
My room was above the office. I could not believe how much space I had in the room!!! There was a kitchen...not a kitchenette people!! It had a full size stove/fridge/sink and microwave!! Awesome!! The bathroom was thru a small hallway around the corner with tub and small window. It's not brand new amentities but perfect for me and the price I was looking for. Oh and location, was definitely key!!! I was a short 2 block-walk to the beach and Beach Place was only 15min walk, if that!! Sweet! I like to bar hop, so no driving for me!
Oh one bummer, was one morning we wanted to sleep in, but we were abruptly awoken by LOUD drilling right in front of our door into tiles!! Later, we found out it was maintenance trying to fix the guest's phone line. All well, what can ya do.

We did take advantage of the pool one day but unfort. the intermittent rain ended that fun. There were two pools for use: one in the front and one in the back of the property!! They had lounge chairs and pool floats for use too! Love it!!

Angela was kind enough to let me check out late on Monday since my flight was in the afternoon. I will def. return to stay here my next visit!

Everyone always asks, only a few minor cons:
1. Parking is free which is awesome, but parking spaces are tight!! So if you have an SUV, good luck.
2. The room windows only have mini-blinds. I think adding curtains would be great for those mornings you wanna sleep in. (hey I love to party in FL, what can I say!)
3. Don't be expecting a huge TV or flat screen for that matter. You are in FL, you should not be watching TV!! :-)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank TravelAways

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My son landed his first job out of college and we needed a place for him to stay till we could find an apartment for him. We tried extended stay hotels but they were grim. I found Napoli Belmar here on Trip Advisor and was impressed with their reputation for cleanliness. My stayed their for a month and I stayed 1 night and we were both very impressed. Its very clean and quiet. The staff, especially Angela, were great. They were very gracious and took care of my son very well and I am very grateful to them for that.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank shoeboxrick
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We stayed for the second time this year at the end of September. AS USUAL the Napoli was awesome... so convient with kitchen and spotless. Two short blocks to the beautiful beach. Thanks again Angela we had a wonderful stay and cannot wait to return.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JAmmandCA
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Believe everything you've read, this place is a gem. Two short blocks from the beach! Clean, simple rooms with all the amenities. Have fun with the BBQs and cook your own meals outside next to the pools. Lots of parking spots in front. Close to a Publix, close to the beach, near the highways, not far from Los Olas Blvd... We were there for 10 days this September and were super happy with our choice. Excellent value. Angela was a great host. Couldn't recommend it more highly!!!

Room Tip: High floors have a nice view, many can see the ocean
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Azzander
Vitoria, Brazil
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We have just returned from a wonderful short vacation in Fort Lauderdale Florida , and as usual we stayed at the Napoli Belmare. What do we like about the Napoli Belmare? Everything!!!
The hotel has everything you need and for a very reasonable price.
The accommodations, the pools, the short distance to the beach and of course Angela’s hospitality.
Angela and her staff really know how to make you feel at ease, letting you enjoy your privacy and being helpful whenever you need a helping hand.
The room (we always ask for the same one!!!) Is our home in Florida, really comfortable, good beds, a good bathroom and a well equipped kitchen where you can find everything you need.
The room is always clean and tidy and the cleaning staff is always smiling and ready to clean your room whenever you ask them to do so.
There are 4 pools where you can relax reading a book or use your computer ( wireless internet very powerful!).
You can also enjoy the pools until late at night after spending the day in the warm clear blue waters of Fort Lauderdale’s beach ( just 2 blocks away from the Napoli Belmare ).
The hotel also has beach chairs, diving goggles and even beach buckets and shovels for the kids to take to the beach.
Last but not least you have the elegant and beautifull “Galleria Mall” with all the main stores and big department stores just a few blocks away .
Right across from Galleria Mall you have a Supermarket and small stores, restaurants and coffee shop.
So what else can you ask for : sunny warm weather, beautiful sandy beaches, excellent stores and a great place to stay.
That’s what The Napoli Belmare has to offer to its guests.
Thanks for everything Angela!!!

Room Tip: I observed that by your profile she always pick up the exactly room for you. The area is realy big...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank carlos m
Randers
Reviewed 26 July 2011

What can I say - we feel like it's our home away from home. Angela and Tony along with the sweet ladies that take care of the cleaning are all so friendly, smiling, helpful and extremely serviceminded.
I have written about this place before and just wanted to say again that our whole family can think of nowhere else to stay when we are on vacation in South Florida.
Pool is great for our kids (age 11 and 14 now), my husband sits at one of the tables that are available next to the pool and works using his computer with the wireless internet, and I sit in the sunchairs reading books and just relax.
Thanks again to all of you at Napoli Belmar for making our vacation perfect..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Marianne S
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We read all the reviews on Trip advisor and decided to go with this one. We loved evrything about the hotel and Satff. Everything on this property was Clean and well taken care of. The owners were great and we ended up meeting the nicest people around the pool. We will be coming back again.

Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends