“Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Ft Lauderdale” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Napoli Belmar Resort

Napoli Belmar Resort
Ranked #44 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
NW Ohio
“Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Ft Lauderdale”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

This was our 2nd stay at the Napoli Belmar. Our first stay was so great, we didn't look at any other hotels when booking our stay this time, and we were just as pleased as before. Spotlessly clean rooms, comfortable beds, friendly people. A short walk to the beautiful beach and a very short drive to Las Olas or the Galleria for some shopping or dining. There is a nice, new Publix a short drive (across from the Galleria) for stocking your refrigerator.
Angela is very sensitive to the wants/needs of her guests and makes every effort to accommodate them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank scottr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

The Napoli Belmar is a wonderful. It was our first time staying there and we will definitely go back. It is walking distance to the beach. The rooms are clean and you have everything you need on-site. We bought groceries at the local Publix grocery store and even had a BBQ one evening as they have BBQs on-site for the guests to use. The other guests were very friendly…it really felt like a family…. Angela was very helpful… We also recommend going to the Galleria Mall it is a great shopping destination and taking one on the River Boat Cruises…

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank M S
windsor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

The Napoli Belmar is the perfect choice for all of our families to stay when we travel to Ft. Lauderdale. The service is outstanding. Angela and Tony are the nicest people; they feel like family and can't do enough for you. Gladys the housekeeper is a real gem and the rooms are extremely clean. Having our own kitchen is an added bonus. The BBQ area is very handy, and they have a designated area to play bocce ball. The swimming pools are clean and clear, including the patio furniture around the poolside areas. Security guards the property during the night. It's safe, a hop, skip and a jump to the beach, great weather, gracious people - can't image staying anywhere else. Don't hesitate to stay at this resort!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank nino1
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

I found Napoli Belmar Resort when I was googling for a close (walk) location to Beach Place in Ft. Lauderdale. Of course I always refer to TripAdvisor before booking any new place! :-) I was happy with the reviews and booked the weekend! I visited a friend in early Nov. weekend. I checked Napoli website, and sent an online request for availability. Within 24 hrs, Angela replied saying she had a room with two double beds on the 2nd floor at $75/nite (off season). Perfect! I called her with a credit card to guarantee as I preferred not to email it.

When I first arrived, I have to confess...I was little leary about the place I chose from the outside. It was not grungy but just old school and a bit run down. I had known this from other TripAdvisor reviews I read. But once I checked in and saw the room, everything was perfect!!! I checked in about 8pm, Angela was pleasant and welcoming with the key. Oh and they offer FREE WiFi!! It was spotty at times but its free!!
My room was above the office. I could not believe how much space I had in the room!!! There was a kitchen...not a kitchenette people!! It had a full size stove/fridge/sink and microwave!! Awesome!! The bathroom was thru a small hallway around the corner with tub and small window. It's not brand new amentities but perfect for me and the price I was looking for. Oh and location, was definitely key!!! I was a short 2 block-walk to the beach and Beach Place was only 15min walk, if that!! Sweet! I like to bar hop, so no driving for me!
Oh one bummer, was one morning we wanted to sleep in, but we were abruptly awoken by LOUD drilling right in front of our door into tiles!! Later, we found out it was maintenance trying to fix the guest's phone line. All well, what can ya do.

We did take advantage of the pool one day but unfort. the intermittent rain ended that fun. There were two pools for use: one in the front and one in the back of the property!! They had lounge chairs and pool floats for use too! Love it!!

Angela was kind enough to let me check out late on Monday since my flight was in the afternoon. I will def. return to stay here my next visit!

Everyone always asks, only a few minor cons:
1. Parking is free which is awesome, but parking spaces are tight!! So if you have an SUV, good luck.
2. The room windows only have mini-blinds. I think adding curtains would be great for those mornings you wanna sleep in. (hey I love to party in FL, what can I say!)
3. Don't be expecting a huge TV or flat screen for that matter. You are in FL, you should not be watching TV!! :-)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank TravelAways
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

My son landed his first job out of college and we needed a place for him to stay till we could find an apartment for him. We tried extended stay hotels but they were grim. I found Napoli Belmar here on Trip Advisor and was impressed with their reputation for cleanliness. My stayed their for a month and I stayed 1 night and we were both very impressed. Its very clean and quiet. The staff, especially Angela, were great. They were very gracious and took care of my son very well and I am very grateful to them for that.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank shoeboxrick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

We stayed for the second time this year at the end of September. AS USUAL the Napoli was awesome... so convient with kitchen and spotless. Two short blocks to the beautiful beach. Thanks again Angela we had a wonderful stay and cannot wait to return.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JAmmandCA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

Believe everything you've read, this place is a gem. Two short blocks from the beach! Clean, simple rooms with all the amenities. Have fun with the BBQs and cook your own meals outside next to the pools. Lots of parking spots in front. Close to a Publix, close to the beach, near the highways, not far from Los Olas Blvd... We were there for 10 days this September and were super happy with our choice. Excellent value. Angela was a great host. Couldn't recommend it more highly!!!

Room Tip: High floors have a nice view, many can see the ocean
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple