“Excellent”

Ranked #45 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Naples, Florida
“Excellent”
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

Walking distance to the beach...rooms are ALWAYS clean. Ive stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. The staff are amazing. Birch patio is the same as Napoli but I like Napoli better since the bathrooms are much bigger! Angela is awesome and very accomodating. This place is perfect for me for a little get away.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
new jersey
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Napoli Belmar from May 3rd May 9th. I had, what is called the hotel ro, it is good for a single traveler. On the second floor. Has full size fridge, microwave,toaster, and coffee maker,hot plate,dishes,etc. Very clean. Pool on side, and chairs you can take to the beach. You will need to bring your own towel for the beach. Washer and dryer in back. If you need a hair dryer, you have to go to office to get one. Only con, for my room was the ac. Was loud, told office, was told not to use energy saver, but it would not cycle on
and off. I had to keep it off at
night, but room also has a ceiling fan. Also, about a 10 minute walk to beach. All in all, if I had to go to Ft. Lauerdale again, I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel for only the 1 night but found it great for the price. It is located a couple of blocks away from the Fort Lauderdale beach front and near to restaurants and bars.

Whilst the decor in the room was somewhat dated, the room itself was clean and spacious. My room overlooked the pool that looked inviting although I didn't use it as I didn't have much time. The room also had a fridge and a small kitchen.

The lady at the front desk was lovely and very helpful. She stored my bags for the the day on the day I checked out so I didn't have to drag them around with me.

Buses to downtown Fort Lauderdale pick-up and drop off on the beach front and run pretty regularly - every 10-20 minutes. A day pass on the bus costs $4 and is a great cost-effective option if you want to have a good look around.

I would happily return to the Napoli Belmar.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JDBoy_nz
Sterling, VA
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Found the hotel through Trip Advisor and its many fine reviews. We love to stay at independently owned hotels and this fit the bill. We had the feel of the original Ft. Lauderdale, the beach, the family fun. Yes, Angie is terrific, always there and always the best advice! She told us she has families coming for over 30 years. That should tell you something. The rooms, tho old were spotless. I saw the "help" she never stopped running! The pool glistened and believe me on our walks in the neighborhood, the others didn't.
She helped us with our tours, our boarding passes and our restaurants. Two she recommended were great, the Casablanca and ? and Vinny's. We even met Vinny.
You can't go wrong, STAY!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Winnipeg,Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Angela and staff are very friendly and hospitable.Nice pool and grounds to relax on.You don't even need a car to get around as most everything is within walking distance or with public transportation.THE water taxi stop is close by and is enjoyable way to get into town.It's a great location within walking distance of beach.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank knutWinnipeg_Canada
Kolbotn
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

We visited thie hotel in March 2013 together with our son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren. We chose it because of recommendations from friends who had been there before. We were very satisfied with the place, and Angela was an outstanding example for friendliness and hospitality, top score!
We enjoyed the stay very much. Angela can not be blamed for very low temperature and for my 6 days fever....

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Boston, MA
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We went down in February (2 adults, 2 children), and it was just right for our needs. My kids loved the pools, and we loved that we could just walk to the beach spur-of-the-moment, and not have to pack up the car for the day. Angela and her husband are so hospitable, they are truly genuine in wanting their guests to have the best possible stay. FYI, we are a family of Italian-Americans from Boston. So for our children, this was also like a little slice of living in a village in Italy--seeing your neighbors each day, kids from the hotel spontaneously playing together (unplanned play dates--what a concept!), playing bocce under the tutelage of the old-timers who know their stuff, and big family dinners outside by the barbeques. These are not the kinds of experiences you'll have at a standard hotel chain.

Room Tip: First floor rooms might be a bit noisy if there are kids in the room upstairs. Families tend to be p...