“10 years at Napoli Belmar - why?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Napoli Belmar Resort

Napoli Belmar Resort
Ranked #44 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Randers
“10 years at Napoli Belmar - why?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2009

I always read the latest 10 reviews before I make my own review of a place. Being a travelagent in Europe, I do stay at various hotels as on my private vacations, on which we do travel around in the country. On this trip we have driven from New York to Florida and seen a lot of good hotels but also one bad one. We have on our whole trip just been wanting to get down to Ft.Lauderdale and relax at Napoli Belmar. Arrived 4 days before we had made reservations but Angela went out of her way to accommodate us best possible - and it worked out very smoothly for us.
As most of the other travellers point out, the outstanding service provided by Angela and Tony, who owns and run this hotel, is just the topping on the icecream.
All of the property's features have been well pointed out by the last reviews, 2 pools (actually 4 as you are allowed to use all pools on the whole property), good washer/dryer for $1.25, bocce court, gas and charcoal grills several places and just the friendliness between people here makes it great to stay here.Rooms are spacious, and big windows make bright light indoors. They are renovating the place room by room, and as we stayed in different rooms, we have seen both newly renovated rooms (new a/c, fresh painted rooms and nice bathrooms) and the not-newly renovated, which are still clean and well maintained though yes, bathroom may appear somewhat older.
Well, I can find one bad thing about this place. It attracts both families with young children and older people, and now that we travel with teenagers, we tend to forget how we acted when we were here with small children. I am sorry to say that I think some of the smaller children (age 3-6) are too noisy, but heck, thats the way it is. We close the window and dont hear it so clearly, except Sunday Morning at 8.30 - that was just a little too early for us. But this place is great for families with smaller children, no doubt about it. Our children love it even though they are older now (only 9 and 12). and they still have great fun being here.
Thanks Angela and Tony for being so great. As Arnold the Terminator would say it: We'll be back!
Brgds Marianne and Allan Simonsen, Denmark.
ps. happy to tell you that our friends also thought this was a great place to stay - yes, I am recommending this place to my colleagues in the travel business.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Marianne S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2009

My husband, 2 young sons and I stayed at the Napoli Belmar for 8 days at the end of Feb/beginning of March. It was our second time at the resort, having stayed there in Feb. 2007 as well.

This time, Angela (the very friendly owner!) gave us room 105, an ENORMOUS one-bedroom suite, for $150/night. This room had a separate bedroom with one queen-sized bed and one twin, a living room with another queen-sized bed and a couch, and a full kitchen. It even had two TVs (great for the kids!). The kitchen was equipped with a full-size fridge & stove/oven, microwave, coffee maker and toaster. They supplied ample dishware & lots of utensils. The only basic item missing was a veggie peeler (we brought our own). The room was very clean. The bathroom was a good size and in decent condition. The tub was a little rusty, but who really cares. Overall, the decor is spartan, but all the basics are there.

My only complaint about the room was the very loud neighbors upstairs. The first week, they were out late every night -- lots of very loud crashing at 2:30 am. The second week a family with other young kids was upstairs. They sounded like elephants banging around, often late into the night. I guess the rooms aren't that soundproof. Be warned.

The resort is great! It has 2 pools (one heated, one unheated), bocce court, two no-charge gas BBQs for guest use, laundry facilities for a small fee ($1.25/washer load, $1/dryer load). Note: I would suggest the resort sell small packages of laundry detergent. I think the resort could even make some money selling single load-sized laundry detergent. All it would take is dividing up a tub of Costco detergent in Ziploc bags. Next time, I'll bring detergent from home. The resort also has free wireless Internet access, for those who really can't leave their work entirely at home!

Best of all, it's a very short (5 minute with a three-year old) walk to the beach. Perfect! It's off the main drag (A1A) enough to be quiet, yet totally close to the beach. The resort even had a supply of beach chairs, pails & shovels to borrow.

We rented a car, so we had easy access to the Publix supermarket west on Sunrise. It was a few miles away. With little kids, it's certainly easier to stock the kitchen, rather than eat out every meal. Besides, we were just so happy to be able to BBQ again (after many months of Montreal winter)!

I would definitely stay at the Napoli Belmar again (probably next spring!). Note: we've also stayed across the street at the Tropi-Rock, which is also very nice and similar in quality, price and amenities. I recommend them both!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
108 Mile Ranch
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2009

I will start out by saying I was a little worried that maybe I should have spent a little more money and stayed at a fancier place. I was happy upon arrival to see this quaint hotel .We were a family of 5 and this place suited us perfectly. Their was a large living room area where the kids all slept . Double bed then a pull out couch. In the separate bedroom there was a double and a single bed as well. Parents can have there privacy yea!!! The owners as stated in all reviews were excellent. Great with directions too [Thanks Angela and Tony] There was a great little kitchenette. The beach is only 2 blocks the pools at the hotels were smaller but awesome. I felt very comfortable and safe in this area. We will definetley come back and spend some leisure time here.

Kossikatt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2009

We stayed at the Napoli Belmar Resort after one week in Disney World Orlando and one night in Fort Meyers beach. We are a family with a boy 11 years old, travelling from Norway. We wished for the second and last week of our vacation to be by the ocean in a good and friendly hotel at a (for us) good price. We drove to Fort Lauderdale without having booked a room in advance, as we felt it was difficult to decide where to stay and wanted to take a look when we arrived to Fort L (a lot of different reviews can make it a bit difficult). When we came to Napoli Belmar, we were welcomed by Virginia (I hope I remember the name correct) who was very nice and showed us 2 available rooms. The little appartment we choose was spacious with one bedroom (2 queen beds), walk inn closet, one queen bed, couch, table and tv in living area, and view to the pool from the kitchen/dinner-place (room 111), and the price was $140/night. Also a very good thing with tile floor in the appartment. The bathroom was a bit old, bathtub old and rusty, but acually clean and worked for us. During our stay there it seemed like there were more older people (approx. 60+) staying in the resort, and fewer younger people/children. Every morning I woke up at around 8-9 am to the sound of people talking in the "backyard", as there is both a laundryroom (for the staff I believe) and a ball-place for "boccachio" (or what the word is in english, "joue ou boules" in french), and it was quite easy to hear everything that was going on down there. But besides that it was a good, calm and quiet place to stay. The great beach is just a short walk away =very good location, and the pool was great when we stayed in the hotel (2 heated pools). They also have beach-chairs/small surfboards/parasol for guests to use at the beach, which we thought was great. I see that other reviewers consider this area in Fort Lauderdale an older and run down area, and that could be true but I will not make that conclusion as this was our first time in Fort L and we are not that familiar with the area, my statement is that we had no bad experiences when it comes to the area, we walked in the beachfront area every evening and walked "home". Our first impression arriving at the Napoli Belmar was that the resort looked attractive with the white buildings (compared to a lot of other places), and we feel that we did find a good place to stay at a good price. And if we go back to Fort Lauderdale again we will absolutely consider to stay in Napoli Belmar again!

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2009

We spent President's Day weekend at the Napoli based on the positive reviews we read at this web site and we were not disappointed in the least. Angela and her husband were wonderful and helped us with everything we needed to make our stay more enjoyable. Besides the terrific beach (at the end of the block), we took advantage of their bocce ball court, swimming pools and outdoor grills. The other guests (many international travelers) were very friendly too - it gave the place a nice communal feel. We will definitely be back the next time we're enjoying the beaches of Ft. Lauderdale!. Thanks for a wonderful weekend!

San Diego, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2009

I stayed here on two consecutive weekends before and after a cruise. I booked the room based on what I'd read on TripAdvisor, and I was not disappointed.

There are a bunch of 1950s - 1960s motels along this stretch of Birch Road. You know the kind - two stories, horseshoe shape around a swimming pool. This place is kinda like that. These hotels are in various states of repair or disrepair, so it's a bit of a crapshoot.

The Napoli Belmar is at the nicer end of the spectrum. The rooms all have tiled floors and somewhat funky furnishings, but everything is clean and well-maintained. The pool likewise is clean and well-maintained. The office is run by a mother and daughter, and they are both really nice. For example, I needed to do some laundry, didn't have any detergent, so she went in the back and just handed me her bottle. Or, I arrived several hours early and she had the maid go make it up right away so I could check in early. The little things count.

BTW, the hotel is a short walk from Birch State Park where you can rent a bicycle.

I will definitely stay here next time I'm in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2009

First let me say that the hotel owners do not write these reviews. My wife and I just booked this wonderful hotel at the last minute as we had to cancel our other hotel. Angela was absolutley great. She had one room left and it was this great two bedroom with a full kitchen, walk in closet and small living room. The floor was clean enought to eat off. Bright and spacious for the price. Good luck finding a room that close to the beach with that much space for that little of money. There is this huge mall with killer resturants (we ate at the Capitol Grill) just over the bridge within a 20-30 minute walk. All and all, we had a great stay. Angela was so sweet. We will be sure to book with her next year.

• Liked — location and clean
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple