We stayed here on the way to the cruise. Because we were Priority Club members, they upgraded us from a king room to a queen suite. A plus for their marketing department. Everything in the room was nice and in almost new condition. The bed was comfortable and had lots of pillows. The desk staff was friendly and we were checked in quickly because the manager Juan jumped in to help.
We liked the suite setup. Because we were there only one night, we didn’t use the full kitchen but it looked good. Even though the hotel doesn’t have an onsite restaurant / breakfast bar, there is a Winn Dixie across the street. There are several restaurants within walking distance. We ate at the Italian for dinner and Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. There was also a bar/hamburger joint which was too smoky for us, a German restaurant which closed at 6 pm and a Thai restaurant that looked like it had promise. The area that it was in was a little sketchy but we didn’t feel uncomfortable. Finally, it is not near a beach or any attractions so you are stuck if you don’t have a car.
Things to be aware of: The front desk told me to call the free shuttle when we arrived so there wasn’t much of a delay. Note that the shuttle is shared by four hotels on State Road 84 so look at all the emblems on the bus. Also they offer a port shuttle for $8 a person, which would have been about the same for a taxi. We will probably do the taxi next time since the shuttle service they contract with was fully booked.
Why it wasn’t perfect: The price was a little high, but since it was Presidents Day weekend and there were five cruise ships leaving, all the hotels were increased their rates. That is why I gave three dots for value.
Because this is a two star hotel (at a four star price), I am giving it five dots over all for excellent. We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Our Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel The Candlewood Suites of Fort Lauderdale, Florida brings you the comforts of home with a convenient location. We're two miles from both Ft. Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport and the Amtrak Tri Rail Station. While lodging in Ft. Lauderdale you'll find many exciting attractions nearby. Spend a day exploring Fort Lauderdale's waterways on a water bus or JungleQueen boat tour. You'll find popular districts like Las Olas and Riverwalk Arts and Entertainment District just three miles from our extended stay hotel. Ft. Lauderdale is also home to many of Florida's sports teams.With Port Everglades Cruise Port and Broward County Convention Center two miles from our suites, Ft. Lauderdales business travelers can benefit from our location. Other nearby businesses include Marathon Ashland Oil Maritime Professional Training Bombardier Embraer Air and Jetscape. Our Fort Lauderdale, FL hotel has a 24-hour business center to meet your business needs. Unlike cheap hotels in Fort Lauderdale, our Cruise Port hotel offers complimentary amenities like laundry services, a CD and movie rental from our lending library and high-speed Internet access. Purchase snacks and necessities from the Candlewood Cupboard store relax in your suites triple-sheeted bed and cook out on the Gazebo Grill. Candlewood Suites invites you to enjoy a memorable stay in our pet friendly Ft. Lauderdale hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Candlewood Suites Fort Lauderdale
- Candlewood Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Candlewood Suites