“Friendly,very clean hotel”

Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport
Ranked #31 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Friendly,very clean hotel”
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this location before taking a cruise with my wife and kids great location very good way to start our vacation, everything started at checking time the front desk Tanya did an exellent job along with the manager alexander they greeted me as a priority club member with a snack chips and a bottle water making my experince even better, room was very big full kitchen and a very clean smell good job housekeeping Good job candlewood.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank richard w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Bad experience....poor management....dirty room....bathroom stool lid broken....overall just a terrible experience prior to having a wonderful cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. It's time for the public to step up and expose these kind of flea bag rip off hotel/motels. Travel companies need to avoid placing their clients in lodging accommodations (like this one) that doesn't meet quality and cleanliness expectations/standards.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Johnwa559
LM-Management, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay and for the negative impression you had with the room accommodations and quality of the service you received. We are certainly going to discuss your comments with our staff. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.
Nanaimo, BC
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Stayed here for one night Feb 2013, the night before a cruise. We arrived early and the staff did everything they could to get us into our rooms as soon as possible. Front desk clerk even went, without us asking, to get us cold bottle of water. This property is nothing fancy, rooms are large and clean with a great full service kitchen. Across a busy street it a strip mall with both a grocery store, liquor market and a few fast food places to eat. Our airport shuttle was a bit of a wait but at this time of the year, with cruise season in full swing, that was to be expected. This hotel doesn't offer a continental breakfast, but for $5 we ate next door at the Holiday Inn. We paid over $220 for a night, which I felt was fairly expensive, but with a great location, close to both the airport and the cruse ship terminal came the bigger price tag. We thought we would save money and book 2 cabs as we were a party of 8, rather than catch the shuttle offered at $10 per person, but the cabs were unreliable. Despite calling and making arrangements the night before, only one cab showed up. Half our party was left behind and ended up catching the shuttle anyways. I would recommend paying the shuttle cost and save the headache of dealing with the cabs. I would definately stay at this hotel again, especially because of the friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank IslandDeena
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Dear IslandDeena,

I want to thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such important information about your recent stay. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and your experience makes you want to come back to our hotel. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I overall had a great experience, my stay wasn't long but I'll definitely comeback whenever I'm in the area. Tomas Bermuda was a great help in locating my clothes after I checked out and forgot a couple of items.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank K_smellgood
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I travelled to Ft. Lauderdale last weekend with my friends for vacation and spent our time at the Candlewood Suites, It was the nicest Candlewood and Front desk staff and housekeeping are very helpful,,, The beds are comfortable and clean..... We recommend it highly! ;)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dani03_11
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

I normally stay at the adjoining Holiday Inn (owned by the same people), but they were booked so I decided to try Candlewood.
The location is convenient to FLL and there is a free shuttle which starts running at 4 AM. The? rooms are fairly spacious and are equipped with a stove, microwave, sink, dishwasher and full size fridge. They also allow pets with a deposit.
The hotel doesn't have a restaurant or bar, but it is located across the street from a strip mall with places for pizza, chinese and thai. There is also a Subway, Wendy's and a McDonald's as well as a bar, a Laundromat and a supermarket.
The hotel was full of people spending a couple of days in Ft. Lauderdale before their cruise departed, but the rooms and common areas were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013
6 Thank bill m
Dallas
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I was a little disappointed with this hotel because the room I was given wasn't what I expected based on photos. But it was late and in fairness, they did offer another room type, but worse. The two beds included the sleeper sofa which was a pain to take out. The room's floor was sticky and the staff seemed put out as a few times they seem to have personal visitors, although it could have been bored guests needing someone to sit and talk to for a while. I was never acknowledged as a Priority Rewards member the whole stay and explained that on a survey I received after my stay. Someone from the hotel called and said they would pass this on and someone else would be contacting me. They didn't. At least the location was close to the airport and a shopping center across the street for necessities. I have stayed in other Candlewood Suites that were much better, that is why I was disappointed.

Room Tip: Make sure you understand what type of room you're getting beforehand.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank maxijet
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Dear maxijet,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am happy to read you found our location convenient. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and for the negative impression you had with the room accommodations and quality of the service you received. I will certainly discuss your comments with our staff. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for posting your comments.

Zelyn N