“Never stay there again”

Ranked #28 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Chesterland, Ohio
“Never stay there again”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed day before and day after our cruise. Travel agent had made the arrangements - shuttle from airport took 1 1/2 hours, no one at the hotel answered our call. We had reserved a non smoking room, ashtray, matchs and smell of smoke . When we made them aware all I heard was sorry. We had to pay for transportation to and from dock. On our return , u when I dropped something on the floor , the dust under the bed was not except able. We were told to go to the Holiday Inn express to print our boarding passes. Note on c/a said to use control on wall, when it didn't work " oops note should not be there" use unit controls . No place to wait inside for shuttle . One elevator did not work- and a cup of coffee on your arrival would have been nice. I can understand charging a bit more before the cruise but over 50.seems excessive . Next door there was a lounge, pool free shuttle and breakfast for much less. Reena

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Reenasells
TAManagement, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
We are sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the hotel or accommodation. We strive to provide our guest with a clean and well maintained hotel. Your comments are taken very seriously. Again we apologize for any inconvenience. We wish you the best.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the 2 room suite. As a matter of fact I am there as I write this. The suite we are in is the furthest one in the back on the East side. Next door is a Wells Fargo Bank then the Karu Club. I was woken up at 3:30 around 3:45 I went to see where it was coming from because a passing car should have been gone. I found it was coming from the Karu club. It was so loud I could feel it in my room. Their happened to be a police car there and I went to speak to him. I was told the club had all the permits and that they would be done around 6:00 as I need to get up and leave for the airport around 6:00 I don't think I will get much sleep. I even tried turning the TV on but the bass blast through that even. Went and spoke to Tim at the front desk was told that most Saturdays it is like this. And the hotel was full so could not switch to another room.

If you book here try and get a room on the west side if you can't try another hotel down the block.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fbgames
TAManagement, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
We sincerely apologize that our hotel failed to meet your expectations. We apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered as a guest of our hotel and truly hope that you will provide us with another opportunity in the future to restore your faith and confidence in our hotel. Thank you again for your comments and we wish you safe travels.
orange california
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on 12/06/13-12/08/13 prior to my cruise the holiday inn express next door was sold out i would like to point out that it's the hotel staffs job to make the guest comfortable and if there was a problem it should be handled professionaly on the morning of 12/06 I arrived in Fort Lauderdale at 6:30 am I was nearly stranded there because I kept calling the hotel from the airport phone and on my cell phone which was almost out of juice and nobody answered the phone there is no excuse for that what's so ever so I ended up calling the holiday inn next door and the shuttle service showed up the morning I checked out of the hotel the elevator was broken I had to carry my dirty laundry down three flights of stairs and then the washing machine wasn't working I explained this to the person at the front desk and he acted clueless when I got picked up to go to the airport the elevator was still broken and I had to lug my luggage down to the front lobby and another front desk person just chuckled and apologized I would never stay in a hotel with breaking down elevators and staff who can't answer the phone or dosent know a thing about customer service

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us and hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We take these remarks very seriously and are presently working to ensure this does not happen again.
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2014

One of the better options to stay at for one night while in transit in FLL. Rooms are nice and well furnished. Tim at the front desk went out of his way to make me feel welcome. Kudos to him. There should be more seating arrangements outside, but it's mostly parking. I did notice a BBQ grill at the back, which is a pretty cool touch, but it was sort of behind a car, so not very practical.
Also very important to me was the punctuality of the airport shuttle. It was perfectly on time and I got to my very early flight on time. Perhaps my only gripe was the price. Apparently it varies a lot depending on occupancy. It was full that day so the cost was steep, which meant the value you get out of it is less...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Elmarto
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We were referred by our travel agent to Candlewood at Ft. Lauderdale in order to be close to the docks for a cruise we were taking. Not only were we able to leave our car there for the week but we also had a very affordable room for the night before. They were very hospitable, referred us to a great German restaurant for dinner and the best thing was we could leave out car there, the parking lot was secure with a camera always watching our car which they actually let us park near the front of the hotel. When we got back they asked us how our cruise was and also we could use the facilities before we left for home. I would certainly recommend them as the parking garage at the port would have been a lot more expensive...it was a clean and near hotel and we felt very safe there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank maryaiana
TAManagement, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff at our weekly staff meeting. We wish you the best.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 7 nights when my job relocated me to the area on short notice. For an extended stay, the prices were pretty steep. We would've stayed longer if it wasn't 120.00 a night. Last time I stayed at a Candlewood, it was only 54.99 a night.

The room was a bit musty after 2 days, probably because of the humidity, but the A/C worked well enough that we could circulate air throughout the room. They only housekeep once every 7 days, so it was frustrating paying what we paid to stay there and nobody cleaned the room.

It was a good hotel for the time we needed it, but could use better cleaning and an upgrade. We should've stayed at the Holiday Inn next door.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank a4zat
TAManagement, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to the continued successful delivery of exceptional guest service. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to your future return. Warm regards.
Columbus, Ohio, USA
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night - and it was expensive $239 plus tax - for one queen bed. This was a weekend of sold-out hotels so we booked just because we were going to the Orange Bowl and until we could head to Key West. The room was quite large with a nice clean bathroom but it was rather dreary. Lighting wasn't good but the internet was free. The staff were helpful and friendly but when I asked them to look up my rewards number, they said they would but had not done so by the time we checked out. No pool. Finding somewhere to sit outside was a challenge as there is very little green space. We would stay there again but only if it was for an interim night. We have stayed in other hotels near the airport and cruise port that were definitely nicer and much less expensive but not at such peak tourist times.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank teachers55
TAManagement, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your review. We are sorry to hear that the hotel was not what you expected. Your comments are very valuable to us and one means by which we improve. Our rates are also comparable and standardized for hotels along the airport and please bear in mind that rates do vary throughout the year, they tend to peak around New Year's. Once again we truly appreciate your feedback and would love another opportunity to have you stay with us and ensure a wonderful experience.