Nice hotel, very clean, convenient for the fridge, stove top, microwave and kitchen items. The room does not have a wine opener, I called the front desk and a nice fellow came up and opened my bottle for me.
The complimentary laundry came in handy after a few days of traveling.
The 'on your honor' conveience area off the lobby had a good variety of items. Some more reasonably priced than others. Water, sodas, ice cream bars and pints, frozen breakfast sandwiches, frozen entrees, bread, bacon, chips, bars, soup, condiments, sundries. Complimentary coffee was available.
Shuttle service was quite bad. It stopped at the Holiday Inn Express (possibly the Best Western and Howard Johnsons as well) first, filled up and wouldn't even come to the Candlewood. I showed up around 11:00 and there were 22 people in front of me. After waiting for exactly an hour the front desk called in another shuttle van to take us, and that was the 1st free shuttle that showed up. By then I was first in line, all the other 22 people had called cabs or took advantage of the freelance cabs and pay shuttles that came around.
The port was very close, seemed like 5 or 10 minutes. If I had to do it again I wouldn't be so set on booking a hotel that had free shuttle service. I would pay the $8 for the shuttle.
It was very nice to have the shopping mall across the street. Winn Dixie, Big Daddy's Liquor, Subway, McDonalds, Wendy's, Dunkin Donuts, Big Lots, pizza, thai, latin, nails, salon, barbershop, etc. Excellent chinese at Ruby's.
Right next door was Holiday Inn Express, and across the street was Howard Johnsons and Best Western. 2 parking lots down was an alternative night club 'Purgatory'. About 1/4 mile down the street towards the lights to cross to the mall was a German restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Our Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel The Candlewood Suites of Fort Lauderdale, Florida brings you the comforts of home with a convenient location. We're two miles from both Ft. Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport and the Amtrak Tri Rail Station. While lodging in Ft. Lauderdale you'll find many exciting attractions nearby. Spend a day exploring Fort Lauderdale's waterways on a water bus or JungleQueen boat tour. You'll find popular districts like Las Olas and Riverwalk Arts and Entertainment District just three miles from our extended stay hotel. Ft. Lauderdale is also home to many of Florida's sports teams.With Port Everglades Cruise Port and Broward County Convention Center two miles from our suites, Ft. Lauderdales business travelers can benefit from our location. Other nearby businesses include Marathon Ashland Oil Maritime Professional Training Bombardier Embraer Air and Jetscape. Our Fort Lauderdale, FL hotel has a 24-hour business center to meet your business needs. Unlike cheap hotels in Fort Lauderdale, our Cruise Port hotel offers complimentary amenities like laundry services, a CD and movie rental from our lending library and high-speed Internet access. Purchase snacks and necessities from the Candlewood Cupboard store relax in your suites triple-sheeted bed and cook out on the Gazebo Grill. Candlewood Suites invites you to enjoy a memorable stay in our pet friendly Ft. Lauderdale hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Candlewood Suites Fort Lauderdale
- Candlewood Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Candlewood Suites