I stayed for 5 weeks from July to August 2010 at the Candlewood. The price for 30+ days was excellent. Rooms are clean. I had an efficiency/studio and felt it was very adequate for my needs. The decor is tasteful. Front desk staff and housekeeping are very helpful. Kitchen is equipped with refrigerator, dishwasher, stove top (no oven), microwave, and enough dishes for two. Coffee is free 24 hours a day and is quite good. Other products can be purchased in the little shop near reception, which can be handy. Sodas are only 50 cents, bottle water $1.50, some dinner entrees (lasagna, paninis, etc), juices, snacks, basic toiletries/medications, laundry soap ($1). Laundry is FREE for washer and dryer, which is very convenient. There is a small work out room with an elliptical and a treadmill as well as a few other machines. Water pressure is good and the water is hot for showers. Nice, bowed shower rod to keep the shower curtain away. Bed is comfortable and there is a choice of pillows. The studio has a comfy chair to relax in, a comfy work chair at the desk and another regular chair for the table. (desk/table are one) There is a DVD player in the room and the front desk has movies and books available. There is a free shuttle to the airport and to the seaport. THey also pick up from the airport 24 hrs a day but NOT the seaport (as you can imagine a ship coming in with multiple guests/luggage...). They do allow you to leave your car here for the duration of the cruise if you stay here, which is a great deal. The hotel is quiet and I mostly saw cruise ship passengers, airline crew, single adult travelers, but also some tradesman who seem to stay here when working on the road. There is a little gazebo out back with a grill , but this is often used by the tradesmen who like to have a beer and a smoke there, some social time and grill some steaks. This was no problem for me at all and I don't think anyone should be put off by that comment. Just filling in all the details I can think of. The hotel is very quiet. Not once in 5 weeks was there a noise issue, and I stayed on the first floor. The hotel is within walking distance to a grocery store (across the street), a terrific Thai place (84 Thai across the street), a chinese place, an upscale italian place that requires reservations and has mixed reviews (Anthony's 84 runway), a Walgreens, Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, Big Lots, Beall's, other little shops in the strip mall across the street. Families mostly seem to stay next door in the Holiday Inn, which has a pool, so Candlewood is mostly adults. Ft. Lauderdale and Hollywood Beaches are less than 15 minutes away. The airport and seaport are within 5 minutes. Great place to stay if you are heading out and just staying for one night. Access to interstates is excellent with I-95 going north and south and the 595 heading west to Sawgrass Mills, The Cleveland Clinic, etc. I would definitely stay here again if I were on an extended business trip. It is affordable and quiet enough where I really was feeling like it was my little apartment, not a hotel. Faxes are free up to 6 pages I believe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Our Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel The Candlewood Suites of Fort Lauderdale, Florida brings you the comforts of home with a convenient location. We're two miles from both Ft. Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport and the Amtrak Tri Rail Station. While lodging in Ft. Lauderdale you'll find many exciting attractions nearby. Spend a day exploring Fort Lauderdale's waterways on a water bus or JungleQueen boat tour. You'll find popular districts like Las Olas and Riverwalk Arts and Entertainment District just three miles from our extended stay hotel. Ft. Lauderdale is also home to many of Florida's sports teams.With Port Everglades Cruise Port and Broward County Convention Center two miles from our suites, Ft. Lauderdales business travelers can benefit from our location. Other nearby businesses include Marathon Ashland Oil Maritime Professional Training Bombardier Embraer Air and Jetscape. Our Fort Lauderdale, FL hotel has a 24-hour business center to meet your business needs. Unlike cheap hotels in Fort Lauderdale, our Cruise Port hotel offers complimentary amenities like laundry services, a CD and movie rental from our lending library and high-speed Internet access. Purchase snacks and necessities from the Candlewood Cupboard store relax in your suites triple-sheeted bed and cook out on the Gazebo Grill. Candlewood Suites invites you to enjoy a memorable stay in our pet friendly Ft. Lauderdale hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Candlewood Suites Fort Lauderdale
- Candlewood Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Candlewood Suites