This property, originally a St Regis, looks as new as it did 3 years ago when it opened.
Impeccably maintained in its elegant design, the rooms are tastefully appointed beyond compare, offering breathtaking views of the ocean ( this is the only kind of room you should reserve ---- oceanfront).Pay whatever it costs, it's worth it.
Here is what has declined : the Spa is not what it used to be. Three years ago, my friend and I spent every day getting phenomenal treatments from the best aesthetician we'd ever seen. This time, a woman who didn't speak english ( blocked out her name) botched a waxing so unprecedentedly that I was marked for a week. A very professional manager at the hotel named Linda promised to communicate this to the manager of the spa, and they offered to pick up the tab on any spa service at their South Beach location, where we were heading ( which , by the way, was a fabulous spa experience).If you have any problems at the R-C Ft Lauderdale, I would highly recommend contacting Linda. Sometimes the measure of a hotel's quality is not that they do everything perfectly but that they respond professionally when something goes wrong----and she was expert in her intervention.
Love the cafe/bar adjacent to the upscale restaurant. It did take a long time for the waitress to take our order, but the food was delicious and beautifully presented. Ambience
is soothing, not jarring.Room service is terrific. Breakfast on the balcony overlooking ocean cannot be beat.
One other lowpoint was the unswimmably freezing poolwater. It is a small pool, unlike the South Beach RC, and felt like melting ice cubes. I'm a swimmer and could discern the temp was under 80. No one was going into the pool.
Everything else around the pool is fantastic, largely due to some amazingly attentive management. Food delicious. Service superb. Views amazing. You are high up, not on the beach. This would not be so bad if the pool were more inviting, temperature-wise.
Checkout was uncharacteristically somewhat rocky and very slow.
Everyone very "white glove" except when checking in and requesting of the young woman on duty a check out time that was later ( which is possible with Platinum Elite). We requested a 30 minute-later-time, to get to the Spa, and she was absolutely terribly prissy about it, treating us in a punitive kind of way --- most uncharacteristic of previous stay when it was St Regis.( and illogical, since we needed the extra 30 minutes to spend even more $$$ in their spa).As it tuned out, the Spa experience was less-than-ideal and we left at 2pm, the "allowed" late check out, anyway.
If they adjust the pool temp, and hired the kind of amazing staff the South Beach Spa has, this property would be a place to spend at least 3 nights on the way to SOBE.
The fitness center has the most fabulous views of the intracoastal waterway. .It's a terrific motivator for working out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale infuses the Gold Coast with casual luxury as the city's first and only AAA Five Diamond hotel. The 24-story, dramatically tiered and glass walled structure has sweeping curves that are reminiscent of a luxury liner. Design elements recall the 1940's, with artwork that includes playful murals inspired by French artist Jean Cocteau and a 13-foot high mural of a seascape inspired by the 1880 painting, "King Neptune and His Horses." The property features 192 guest rooms and suites; a 2,200 square foot Club Lounge, 24,000 square feet of light-filled meeting space; a 29,000 square foot oceanfront sundeck with an infinity pool and private cabanas; destination Spa with an organic and active-botanical treatment menu and a water-view fitness center. Four dining and entertainment options include the new Via Luna Italian grill with seating indoors or al fresco on an oceanfront patio, the dramatic oceanfront Via Luna Bar, a private Wine Room with a 5,000 bottle wine cellar and a seventh floor Poolside Cafe with commanding ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Splitty, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Ritz Carlton
- St Regis Fort Lauderdale
- St Regis Ft Lauderdale