We stayed at the Ritz Carlton on 12/21, 2012, as a travelling family, with 16 in our party. The facility is simply beautiful. The service was fairly good as well. - It was attentive without being too much.
A few minor nits- the scattered us all over the hotel, and none of the rooms that we had requested as adjoining were. Some of the doubles, ended up being a king room, and one of the rooms was supposed to be handicapped accessible- but not the one that was assigned to my dad. We swapped people around, and it turned out okay. In retrospect, it was my bad for not hauling everyone back down, and asking for the needed room configurations. There is no laundry facility onsite if you need to do a quick load of laundry.
The views from our oceanview balcony were stunning, simply stunning. The room was also beautiful. In fact, all of the rooms were beautiful. The bathroom was comprised of a shower area, a soaking tub (which was a bit narrow, but very deep), a double sink area, and a toilet area. It was worth noting that the water that came out of the tap smelled horribly, typical for Florida. It was also an interesting shade of yellow in the tub.
Breakfast was also very good.
The kids were disappointed that the indoor pool closed at a very early 6:00 PM, as they would have liked to have gone swimming after dinner.
My husband appreciated the well appointed gym, and got in a very nice work-out prior to our departure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale infuses the Gold Coast with casual luxury as the city's first and only AAA Five Diamond hotel. The 24-story, dramatically tiered and glass walled structure has sweeping curves that are reminiscent of a luxury liner. Design elements recall the 1940's, with artwork that includes playful murals inspired by French artist Jean Cocteau and a 13-foot high mural of a seascape inspired by the 1880 painting, "King Neptune and His Horses." The property features 192 guest rooms and suites; a 2,200 square foot Club Lounge, 24,000 square feet of light-filled meeting space; a 29,000 square foot oceanfront sundeck with an infinity pool and private cabanas; destination Spa with an organic and active-botanical treatment menu and a water-view fitness center. Four dining and entertainment options include the new Via Luna Italian grill with seating indoors or al fresco on an oceanfront patio, the dramatic oceanfront Via Luna Bar, a private Wine Room with a 5,000 bottle wine cellar and a seventh floor Poolside Cafe with commanding ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Ritz Carlton
- St Regis Fort Lauderdale
- St Regis Ft Lauderdale