Ok, this was the nicest and most expensive hotel that we have ever stayed at on vacation. After checking in at 1 am, I was so exhausted and didn't want to argue. Beware and beware some more!!! The Ritz tries to charge $200 per night for "incidentals"!!! After expressing that I was going to pay cash for everything, the woman at the front desk dropped it a little bit but definitely not enough. I'm almost positive that it isn't posted on the website but I could of missed it. I understand that the hotel is very expensive and most people that stay there have a lot of money, but being hit with that without knowing at check in wasn't right at all. I didn't want to find out what would of happened if I didn't agree so I caved in a paid what was asked.
Our entire stay was close to perfect, the beds being turned down at night and my daughters stuffed animals being put in bed were great.(even though on our last night our beds weren't turned down). Housekeeping could of been a little better, when we first got to the room, I noticed a few crumbs next to the closet and they were there the whole time and never cleaned up.( I left them there on purpose)A hotel that is so expensive the floors should be cleaned everyday especially before check in. A definite plus was the toilet paper being folded.
On top of everything the service was perfect. Austin at the pool was the best!
Room walls were thin, my wife actually heard the old couple next door enjoying each other, thank GOODness it only lasted like 2 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale infuses the Gold Coast with casual luxury as the city's first and only AAA Five Diamond hotel. The 24-story, dramatically tiered and glass walled structure has sweeping curves that are reminiscent of a luxury liner. Design elements recall the 1940's, with artwork that includes playful murals inspired by French artist Jean Cocteau and a 13-foot high mural of a seascape inspired by the 1880 painting, "King Neptune and His Horses." The property features 192 guest rooms and suites; a 2,200 square foot Club Lounge, 24,000 square feet of light-filled meeting space; a 29,000 square foot oceanfront sundeck with an infinity pool and private cabanas; destination Spa with an organic and active-botanical treatment menu and a water-view fitness center. Four dining and entertainment options include the new Via Luna Italian grill with seating indoors or al fresco on an oceanfront patio, the dramatic oceanfront Via Luna Bar, a private Wine Room with a 5,000 bottle wine cellar and a seventh floor Poolside Cafe with commanding ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Odigeo, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Ritz Carlton
- St Regis Fort Lauderdale
- St Regis Ft Lauderdale