“Blissful..”

The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My husband and I took this mini vacation to get relax, and thats exactly what we did. Our intentions were to get sun, eat and drink and just veg. out. Staying at this hotel reminded me of why we work hard all week, yes you get what you pay for and it is so worth it. Our room was very clean, spacious and a view to die for, we had a room on the 12th floor. Bathroom is just too much..lol. Wow! We purchased the club pass because we knew we were not going anywhere and it was soooo worth it. Open bar all day they will make you any drink you want, you may bring it to the pool or have them order you another at the pool so it is ready for you when you get there. Yes by the end I was having a grand old time. Breakfast, snacks, lunch, and light dinner apps coffee or dessert in the evening are all yours all day just take a break from the sun and go to the club..its that simple. Its 125 per person per day. We purchased one day it totally saved us a bunch. ;) think about it. I woke up early every day and reserved my chairs a the pool. Tip: The chairs closest to the beach are the ones that have sun from 8 am -4 especially the ones at the end closer to the elevators. All the staff members were extremely sociable and wanted to please no matter what. Our club attendent Stephanie is sweet and welcoming, Scott at poolside was so nice and easy to talk to. The pool attendents work hard, I watched them the three days we were there and they literally don't stop working all day. Ebony if you are lucky enough to have her check you in is such a sweet staff member and aims to please. So yes it is a little expensive but thats what makes a great vacation! I was very pleased with everything. I will stay again if in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

Room Tip: I choose the 12th floor past the palm trees so the view is clear, I would request a room away from t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,657)

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Needs better management. The staffing is thin. Had to change rooms because 1st one was not fully furnished. Hotel info web site does not work - under repair.Waited for a poolside lunch order for 1 hour.
Waited 15 min for a cab. Staff was polite but often frustrated .
I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Optro22
christine c, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am very sorry to hear that your experience at this property did not meet your expectations and I would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. Feedback is extremaly important to us, please feel free to contact me directly at 954-465-2300. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.
Greg Coo.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I just stayed here last week. I must say that it was one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The rooms are beautiful, suggest partial ocean view or ocean front. The pool area is exceptional. If it is busy, best to get your lounges early. The service was over the top in all areas. The hotel is just across the street from the beach and does have a bridge where you can walk over the street. Do not let this be a negative as the hotel is quite literally 2 minutes from the sand. One thing that I recommend, that you confirm the rate that includes the club level. The availability of meals throughout the day was more than expected. They serve breakfast, light lunch, light dinner and dessert. Though the hotel may be a bit pricey, it is in the best location for restaurants and shops and most everything was walking distance. Do not hesitate staying here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Great location across from the beach. Inside and outside seating. The food was very good but a bit expensive. The dress code is casual. We had the chicken, squid, squash ravioli and squash soup. We celebrated a birthday and the birthday person received a free desert.
The waiters were friendly and knowledgeable.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale is a gorgeous, oceanfront property. The staff and service are impeccable. The rooms are well-appointed. It is a lovely place to stay near an upscale mall. I don't know of a better luxury property in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank dluxe_bebe
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed here for my birthday weekend . Everything is fantastic about this hotel. The rooms are very nice, big, & facing the beach. The staff is friendly and could not be more helpful. This is a model for all luxury hotel. We will be back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed here for a week while attending a business meeting in the hotel. The location is great - right on the beach and within easy walking distance of many bars and restaurants. The room I had was fantastic - really spacious, nicely furnished, huge bathroom, big flat-screen TV, and a view over the ocean. I can honestly say it's one of the nicest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. The meeting facilities were very good and the hotel staff were helpful when we needed extra support. The bar is nothing special, I didn't try the restaurant but it looked too fancy for my taste. The general area is clearly popular with spring breakers, which generates a rather debauched atmosphere in the surrounding streets and bars, which is not exactly family friendly. But, overall a very nice hotel experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business