The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Silver Seas Beach Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
Marriott's BeachPlace Towers(Fort Lauderdale)
snooze(Fort Lauderdale)
Fala Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Beachfront
Elita Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
The Fortuna Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
Nobleton Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
W Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Beachfront
1,731 results
All reviewsclub levelocean frontpool deckpool staffacross the streetfour seasonsoceanfront roomsouth beachbeautiful hotelluxury hotellarge balconypublic beachthe atlantic oceanlong weekendcorner roomspring breakfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed over New Years Eve and had a wonderful experience, as always.

Staff at this Ritz Carlton property are excellent, even when compared to the staff of other five star hotels. Top marks to all, from the front desk, housekeeping, valet, security or dining.

The location is also wonderful, with a great pool looking down on a wide beach and several restaurants in walking distance and still close to the finer spots in downtown Fort Lauderdale.

If you have the opportunity try a suite or book on the club level. Each adds another level to the experience which is well worth the additional cost.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelin M
Reviewed 25 March 2014

First the disclaimers and background. This was a last minute trip for my wife and I to escape the winter we are having. I am Platinum with Marriott and Starwood and used points for this stay. As such we split our stay between two hotels as we could not get 5 consecutive nights at one property. First three nights at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood Beach and the last two here at the Ritz in Ft. Lauderdale. We have stayed at this property before in the fall of 2011.
Check in was smooth and Meagan (?) did an excellent job, very friendly and professional. I indicated what room we had on our last stay which was a corner room with fantastic views. She looked for a similar room but none were available. She found us a room that although not "oceanfront" had views of the Intercoastal and ocean; very nice. The rooms here are very consistent; good size, tastefully decorated and comfortable with a combination of wood and carpet floors. Nice balcony and very nice oversized bathroom with separate tub/shower and large marble vanity with two sinks.
The pool here is on an upper floor (4th?) with a great view of the ocean. While this property is on the ocean the beach is across the road. This is not a big deal unless you have kids. There is an elevated walkway across the road but the elevator was not working (coincidentally it was not working on our last visit in 2011 either). The beach here is fantastic and there are umbrellas and lounge chairs reserved for Ritz guests (no charge except tip). There is a fair amount of traffic, both car and foot but never bothered us. It was spring break.
We did use the spa here as we did last time. We were able to get last minute appointments. The spa is well run and my treatment was very good although I didn't particularly care for the "upsell add-ons" for my facial that would have added another $50 to the already high price. The spa area is in need of a facelift and really for what they charge should have a steam and sauna. Earlier in the week at the Westin Diplomat we also used the spa and it included steam and saunas in the locker rooms and large lounge areas; and at a lower price.
We ate off property the first night at Casablanca Cafe which is one block from the hotel. Ocean views (outside area) and plenty of variety including excellent seafood. They do not typically take reservations however the hotel concierge will call and get you one.
The next night we ate on the patio of Via Luna. Once situated the service was very good, although we had to flag down for our check. The food was very good also with great seafood options.
We were a bit disappointed that the wine room was only open for private parties as we enjoyed that on our last trip.
The first day we had lunch at H20 Cafe which has excellent food (also good breakfast). Perfect location about a block from hotel on Ocean Ave. Plenty of seats outside.
The second day was lunch at the Poolside bar and it was very good; fresh mahi mahi fish tacos (I'm not usually a fish taco person). Scott was the bartender and service was superb.
All in all our stay was very relaxing and we will likely return. The staff here is top notch. While kids are certainly welcome here it may not be the best option.

3  Thank beachandflipflops
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel is incredible. The service was extremely attentive. Even the doorman/valet staff. Kevin was very friendly and cared about our every need. Front desk was attentive, room service staff were outstanding and housekeeper were very attentive to the cleaning of the room.

Beds were extremely comfortable, bathroom very clean and the overall experience was wonderful. We highly recommend.

It is slightly pricey, but when you compare to other hotels and the wonderful experience a guest will have, it is all worth it.

Room Tip: Our room was 1210, it had an extra large balcony / terrace.
1  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This was a quick 6 day get away. The property has a great location. The staff is lovely. The hotel is small and compact of which I like. Directly across the street from the beach with direct access.
Restaurants are good but with limited menus that quickly get boring after a few days. I have a foot injury so we could not get out and walk to other restaurants.
The Pool is nice but in dire need of new furniture. The hotel room is large, but again in dire need of updating,old carpet,torn and stained. I had to call several times a day to "refill" items that never got refilled, including toilet pear,shampoo,etc. This got on my nerves. Hallways are very noisy and not good sound barriers at all. I would go back but I would look forward to some updates. The pool staff was among the best within the hotel. I had a lovely manicure and pedicure. I believe the rate is way overpriced for the service.

4  Thank Karen W
christine c, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Karen W,

Thank you for your feedback and for your kind words about The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale and for the pool staff. In regards to the pool furniture I am happy to inform you that we are in th process of changing the pool furniture which will be arriving in the next few weeks and our rooms are also under renovations hopefully to be completed by summer time. Please feel free to contact me at 954-465.2300 if you have any questions.
Looking forward for a future return to our property; will be our pleasure to assist you.
Thank you.

Regards,

Greg Cook

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had a terrific three night stay. This is a beautiful hotel with a great pool area, top notch restaurant, huge gym and steps from the beach. Just what we were looking for to escape the harsh Midwest winter and celebrate our anniversary/milestone birthday. The staff were very kind to recognize our special events - which was totally unexpected but a very nice touch. The staff were also very friendly and truly interesting to speak with….totally down to earth people dedicated to serving their guests. Seriously, one of the best hotel teams that we have come across in 25 years of global travel - top to bottom.

We left feeling relaxed and recharged. So relaxed, in fact, that I accidentally left my work computer behind in the room after check out and did not realize it until in the air coming back home. Ugh! Thank goodness for inflight wifi and an extremely caring General Manager and security staff. The computer was recovered and on its way back to me (via Fed Ex) before we even landed. Talk about service and providing peace of mind! I am very thankful to the team for helping avoid a disasterous ending to a great vacation.

Highly recommend!

Room Tip: We had a corner room (1401) which offered a great view of the inter coastal waterway as well as the ocean from the balcony.
1  Thank JPLDTW