I rarely write negative reviews but unfortunately I have to in this case. Perhaps my stay is an isolated incident but it was a comedy of events without anyone taking whole ownership of correcting our experience
Below is part of message I sent to hotel after our stay but never received a reply:
Our room that was assigned was nice, ocean facing however it had a very ‘musty’ smell to it. I was told that sometimes they get like that and to open the balcony door a bit to air it out, the bellman was very apologetic and extremely polite.
When we went to the balcony there were cigarettes and what I am pretty sure was a joint. I left them all there and did not touch them. There was also two wine glasses half drank with lipstick on one. My guess all from the previous guests. They were all in plain sight.
When we went to try to order room service we couldn’t because the phones didn’t work in the room. The technician came and did his best to fix the phone even bringing entirely new phones but no luck. He was very polite and apologetic. In the end it was late in the day and he couldn’t repair it, he offered us a free movie for the kids but it was too late at this point and we needed to head out, grab food and put them to bed. I do believe he did do his best. The room however should have been checked before we arrived, at this point we had unpacked and it would have added to frustration by moving rooms.
There was an orange haze on the bottom of the bathtub. Either left over from rusty water or perhaps a type of sun tan lotion either way it was not part of tub for sure. We had our daughters shower rather than bath.
The overall state of the room was not a Ritz Carleton level, when I was checking out lady at the front desk asked about our stay and I told her about my disappointment. She offered to pay for our breakfast which was a nice gesture and I accepted.
The day we arrived the pool was closed, the whole day. We later found out it was a sanitary issue outside of your control but we were somewhat disappointed.
If I were to rate the politeness and professionalism of communication I would say 9/10. However problem solving with respect to customer experience a 3/10. The state of the room would probably have been a 4-5/10 for a Ritz Carleton.
The only reason I didn't mark it a "Terrible" above is because the staff was extremely polite.
FOR MARRIOT REARDS MEMBERS:
When I asked for an upgrade I was told that only paid upgrades were available, there was availability but that since I booked using my points I was not eligible. I was also told the hotel was not at capacity. Since we were only there one night I didn’t mind too much but found it puzzling, I have never been told that at other Ritz Carlton properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale infuses the Gold Coast with casual luxury as the city's first and only AAA Five Diamond hotel. The 24-story, dramatically tiered and glass walled structure has sweeping curves that are reminiscent of a luxury liner. Design elements recall the 1940's, with artwork that includes playful murals inspired by French artist Jean Cocteau and a 13-foot high mural of a seascape inspired by the 1880 painting, "King Neptune and His Horses." The property features 192 guest rooms and suites; a 2,200 square foot Club Lounge, 24,000 square feet of light-filled meeting space; a 29,000 square foot oceanfront sundeck with an infinity pool and private cabanas; destination Spa with an organic and active-botanical treatment menu and a water-view fitness center. Four dining and entertainment options include the new Via Luna Italian grill with seating indoors or al fresco on an oceanfront patio, the dramatic oceanfront Via Luna Bar, a private Wine Room with a 5,000 bottle wine cellar and a seventh floor Poolside Cafe with commanding ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Ritz Carlton
- St Regis Fort Lauderdale
- St Regis Ft Lauderdale