We went to Ft. Lauderdale for the first time in May for a long weekend. Our first impression was a good one when we arrived at the hotel and the doorman warmly greeted us with a big smile and said "Welcome to the Ritz Carlton Ft. Lauderdale"
When we entered the lobby and approached the check-in desk, we were greeted by the front desk agent who was very pleasant and immediately checked us into our room even though we arrived early (11am).
Our room was spotless and had a very nice partial ocean view. The room was spacious and the bathroom was large and modern. The bed was very comfortable and the furnishings were very nice and plush.
We were lucky enough to be upgraded to the Club Level and it was heaven! Not only does it provide a very nice breakfast and lunch as well as snacks throughout the day, the staff who work in the club are outstanding. Sammy especially was friendly, courteous and efficient. Rosemunde actually went out of his way to bring me a blueberry muffin (they are delicious) when they ran out.
The pool is beautiful as is the staff. We had lunch by the pool one day and the food was really well prepared, looked great and tasted great.
The hotel is located right across the street from the beach and the hotel has a private bridge that takes you over the roadway safely to the beach.
We didn't dine in the restaurant, but we sat in the bar a couple of nights and the bartenders made the best drinks there and they offer up some yummy bar snacks.
This is the best choice in Ft. Lauderdale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale infuses the Gold Coast with casual luxury as the city's first and only AAA Five Diamond hotel. The 24-story, dramatically tiered and glass walled structure has sweeping curves that are reminiscent of a luxury liner. Design elements recall the 1940's, with artwork that includes playful murals inspired by French artist Jean Cocteau and a 13-foot high mural of a seascape inspired by the 1880 painting, "King Neptune and His Horses." The property features 192 guest rooms and suites; a 2,200 square foot Club Lounge, 24,000 square feet of light-filled meeting space; a 29,000 square foot oceanfront sundeck with an infinity pool and private cabanas; destination Spa with an organic and active-botanical treatment menu and a water-view fitness center. Four dining and entertainment options include the new Via Luna Italian grill with seating indoors or al fresco on an oceanfront patio, the dramatic oceanfront Via Luna Bar, a private Wine Room with a 5,000 bottle wine cellar and a seventh floor Poolside Cafe with commanding ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Ritz Carlton
- St Regis Fort Lauderdale
- St Regis Ft Lauderdale